What's new

Pakistan more attractive investment destination than China and India

Pakistan first should get rid of prolonged loadshedding then talk about surpassing China or India. Even Bangladesh is doing better than Pakistan :angel:

Afghanistan is doing well than Pakistan in FDI search it yourself! facts are hard to accept.

putting aside the absolute stupidity of the article.

Afghanistan is for sure sale at the moment, and going cheap courtisy Karzai.

You want to call that F, or D or I ...

your choice !

China Tops U.S. as Foreign-Investment Destination - Wall Street Journal
China is now the number one destination in the world for FDI. :)
Its because your govt. can assure industries to grow with very less concern unlike our country where where one govt. can be favorable to one industry while next govt. can create problem for that. Political stability and energy supply gives China a considerable edge along with huge pool of technical people churned out from large number of technical institutes.

Investment related policies and practices in Pakistan are more attractive in comparison to countries like China, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, however, there is a need to fill the gap and have these policies implemented in true spirit to make Pakistan an even more investment friendly country.

The article clearly speaks about Investment related policies and practices not the overall comparison, which could be true to some extent as with regard to India,as it is well known about the red-tapes and bureaucratic ladders needed to climb to set up a business.

Cant you people atleast read the article , before going "OmG", "WTF" etc etc ..

Afghanistan is doing well than Pakistan in FDI search it yourself! facts are hard to accept.

its just because american dollars being poured in by americans, and US dollar being used as main currency then afghani currency nothing else

putting aside the absolute stupidity of the article.

Afghanistan is for sure sale at the moment, and going cheap courtisy Karzai.

You want to call that F, or D or I ...

your choice !

We can't do anything with the trillions dollars worth mines and minerals but to contract them out for the time being! in return we are having infrastructure, power, labor, industry, good economy etc..

No doubt this is by the extremely generous courtesy of Mr. Karzai!

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3677244 said:
its just because american dollars being poured in by americans, nothing else

I am not counting the American dollars in Afghanistan if so it surpasses Pakistan's by 10s of times.

Pakistan first should get rid of prolonged loadshedding then talk about surpassing China or India. Even Bangladesh is doing better than Pakistan :angel:

load shedding is happening even in mumbai, sir what are you talking about?

I am not counting the American dollars in Afghanistan if so it surpasses Pakistan's by 10s of times.

why are you fooling yourself here :lol:

who in the right mind will pour investment in afghanistan in his right mind? in afghanistan first of there is no law in 90% of your country. let me just say are you suggesting that afghanistan's economy is developing 10x the rate of pakistan's economy?? :lol:

the only reason afghanistan FDI maybe higher is because of billions of US dollars being poured in, and even if you go to bagram air base, americans dont even us afghan currency, they pay in american dollars, even the employees are got paid american dollars :lol:

if you go to kandahar, they use pakistani ruppee for trade, afghan currency is not used in second largest afghan city :lol:

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3677244 said:
its just because american dollars being poured in by americans, and US dollar being used as main currency then afghani currency nothing else
Not just Americans. China and India are already making huge investment to mine its natural resources.

The article clearly speaks about Investment related policies and practices not the overall comparison, which could be true to some extent as with regard to India,as it is well known about the red-tapes and bureaucratic ladders needed to climb to set up a business.

Cant you people atleast read the article , before going "OmG", "WTF" etc etc ..

Sorry sir,That alone does not make Pakistan an attractive destination for FDI.There are also factors like state of economy,law and order situation that need to be addressed.

Not just Americans. China and India are already making huge investment to mine its natural resources.

and how much investment that equals you, you have to provide some accurate facts and figures here

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3677289 said:
and how much investment that equals you, you have to provide some accurate facts and figures here
It may derail the thread. But a quick summary, China has already got tender for largest, Aynak copper mine. India has got for iron ore mines. India has invested over $ 2 billion dollar in infrastructure development, rail, road, dams, schools, hospitals, Parliament of Afghanistan etc.

If you need detailed info, kindly open a separate thread or I think there is already a thread on it, you can search for it.

Lets come back to investment in Pakistan, the issue in hand.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3677271 said:
why are you fooling yourself here :lol:

who in the right mind will pour investment in afghanistan in his right mind? in afghanistan first of there is no law in 90% of your country. let me just say are you suggesting that afghanistan's economy is developing 10x the rate of pakistan's economy?? :lol:

the only reason afghanistan FDI maybe higher is because of billions of US dollars being poured in, and even if you go to bagram air base, americans dont even us afghan currency, they pay in american dollars, even the employees are got paid american dollars :lol:

if you go to kandahar, they use pakistani ruppee for trade, afghan currency is not used in second largest afghan city :lol:

Where do you live in Afghanistan fancy boy?

Within 2 years Afghanistan's FDI will skyrocket from currently $4~ bln to more than $20 bln and counting; US/UK/CHINA/INDIA/TURKEY all are investing in numerous mines and mineral projects.

And regarding Afghani currency, last time when I paid Afghanis to a taxi driver, karayee seller and bribe to police in Peshawar they happily accepted it because it values double than the Pakistani Rupees!

Sorry sir,That alone does not make Pakistan an attractive destination for FDI.There are also factors like state of economy,law and order situation that need to be addressed.

It is a statement made by president of Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Pakistan in some function. It is not a statement by government, not an observation by a statistician or nor result based on a study by some organisation but a fcukin statement by somebody in their industry in gathering to motivate people. This is not an international news.

Just like ,if you in some gathering, say for example in your residents association meeting speech says , your locality is better than newyork and paris, its not an international news material. so just leave the title and do something better as there are many good threads to look into.

Back
Top Bottom