What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

Thank you :-) though the music gave me a headache.

Few points that i noted.

1. Food and supplies were transferred either through MBT or under cover of MBT. A Merkava type MBT was needed which could act as APC and also for casualty evacuation. PA used T-59 MII which had minimal armor and minimal sensors/gadgetry. For urban warfare, a more customised version of MBT should have been used.

2. When GOC Ijaz Awan mentions about his 4 Brigades and the requirement of two more divisions to finish the ops within a certain frame and as quickly as possible meant a few things;
1) The division was not prepared for this kind of warfare and only when it went in, the ground situation was realised.
2) His 4 brigades were already stretched out and he couldn't extract any troops from them to start an offensive.
3) An air assault force was missing which appeared in the form of SSG. This may have laid the need and basis for LCB's.
4) In the end GHQ had to oversee the whole Ops till its conclusion.

Perhaps this makes Swat ops a turning point in the war in matter of preparedness leading to planning and execution, which was then perfected in coming years.

3. FC was in shambles. One rifle deputed with two soldiers and vehicles in unsatisfactory conditions.
Today FC is a completely changed force. The training methodology and weapon/equipment upgradation has made it into a very scapable force.

Few points that i noted.

1. Food and supplies were transferred either through MBT or under cover of MBT. A Merkava type MBT was needed which could act as APC and also for casualty evacuation. PA used T-59 MII which had minimal armor and minimal sensors/gadgetry. For urban warfare, a more customised version of MBT should have been used.

2. When GOC Ijaz Awan mentions about his 4 Brigades and the requirement of two more divisions to finish the ops within a certain frame and as quickly as possible meant a few things;
1) The division was not prepared for this kind of warfare and only when it went in, the ground situation was realised.
2) His 4 brigades were already stretched out and he couldn't extract any troops from them to start an offensive.
3) An air assault force was missing which appeared in the form of SSG. This may have laid the need and basis for LCB's.

Perhaps this makes Swat ops a turning point in the war in matter of preparedness leading to planning and execution, which was then perfected in coming years.

3. FC was in shambles. One rifle deputed with two soldiers and vehicles in unsatisfactory conditions.
Today FC is a completely changed force. The training methodology and weapon/equipment upgradation has made it into a very scapable force.
You just saved me from watching the whole video

FB_IMG_1515485871850.jpg

This is good portrait of a soldier from NLI.

Few points that i noted.

You just saved me from watching the whole video
someone should make a thread around this to analyze these events..

the Chinese have designed type-59 modified IFV maybe we could get some help from them and convert the FC type-59 into IFV which would somewhat negate the need of mrap vehicles and we would be able to use them on both eastern and western borders when needed.

In one of the pictures I see some officers using the close palm American style salute and others using open palm British. I really would like the close one to be adopted by tri services. Is this possible??? Why are some officers using open and some closed. And this is not the first instance I've seen this.

In one of the pictures I see some officers using the close palm American style salute and others using open palm British. I really would like the close one to be adopted by tri services. Is this possible??? Why are some officers using open and some closed. And this is not the first instance I've seen this.
All the three services salute differently...they salute Air,Land and Water as per their branch/service...atleast the cadets and young officers follow this rule/trend.
Notice the two officers in the background:
Screenshot_2018-01-09-15-30-16.png

Last edited:
But why are officers saluting differently???
I've seen countless officers doing that and I agree with that.
All the three services salute differently...they salute Air,Land and Water as per their branch/service...atleast the cadets and young officers follow this rule/trend.
Notice the two officers in the background:
View attachment 447160

Navy does close palm salute.
Air Force open palm salute.
Army open palm salute.

But many Army and AF officers are doing close palm salute in line with NATO American armed forces. Which I agree with. Because it looks way more professional and modern.

For your reference:
Open Palm British Salute
download (2).jpeg

Closed Palm Nato/US SALUTE
images (1).jpeg

British salute looks as if it's from 18th century(which it very well might be)
You mean officers of the same branch?

Navy does close palm salute.
Air Force open palm salute.
Army open palm salute.

But many Army and AF officers are doing close palm salute in line with NATO American armed forces. Which I agree with. Because it looks way more professional and modern.

For your reference:
Open Palm British Salute
View attachment 447161

Closed Palm Nato/US SALUTE
View attachment 447162

British salute looks as if it's from 18th century(which it very well might be)
Some times with a normal Salam they copy a US style salute in a casual way. In any actual ceremonies the open palm is used as it has been used in the region for hundreds of years

In 2013, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Sea Survival School (SSS) purchased two 4-passenger Neoteric Rescue Hovercraft for security patrol along the Korangi Creek Air Force Base shoreline in Karachi, Pakistan. The curved shoreline contains mudflats and mangroves that make it inaccessible to vehicles other than hovercraft.

Wabash.jpg

5.jpg

SSS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom