What's new

Pakistan media gripped by man marrying twice in one day

Ok a serious question....

how many guys here wish they were on the same footsteps..and how many dont??

i think some indians here should be labelled 'western reform' indians, because there views dont even reflect their bharati society

Workers in the UAE aren't given citizenship, so they're not recorded in the surveys

That's not true. The workers live there for years, so they count. Only 20% of UAE's population is indigenous - rest are immigrant workers who tend to be almost always male. That's why their gender ratio is skewed. Don't you think it would be ridiculous if it was 2.1 under normal circumstances? It's not possible unless a female genocide was being carried out, and that's not the case.

Last edited:
If the guy married 2 women, so what. It is allowed and legal. Why are we bent out of shape. Indians would find anything to crticise Pakistan, Pakistanis or anything to do with our country.

If the guy married 2 women, so what. It is allowed and legal. Why are we bent out of shape. Indians would find anything to crticise Pakistan, Pakistanis or anything to do with our country.

why discrimination based on gender if males are allowed to marry two girls the a girl should also be allowed to marry two men same right:cheers:

how many educated self dependent pakintani women will agre to be second wife of a man whose first wife is alive
u get the answer
as far as saudis are concerned they legalized beating of wife also they are heading towards social destruction everything looks good cause they have oil now wait for next 40 years
earlier this concept was practical cause islam men use to go to war (lot of war)
so male to female ratio was very low thus this concept was introduced its not practical anymore
and i would like to c the comment from pak's all time friend china members lets c what they think about it

how many educated self dependent pakintani women will agre to be second wife of a man whose first wife is alive

Very few. Forced marriage is haraam... what are you implying?

as far as saudis are concerned they legalized beating of wife also they are heading towards social destruction everything looks good cause they have oil now wait for next 40 years

Ever been to Saudi Arabia? Infact, have you even met a Saudi?

earlier this concept was practical cause islam men use to go to war (lot of war)

As much war as any other nations... and war is always there, no matter what the time is. The two greatest wars were in this century. This argument is invalid

so male to female ratio was very low thus this concept was introduced its not practical anymore

Not practical anymore? Why not? Where do widows go? And those that cannot find a legible unmarried man? And adultery and cheating? That has become even more common, so this is more practical than ever?

and i would like to c the comment from pak's all time friend china members lets c what they think about it

Not relevant, but okay.

Sorry to revive a week old topic but I just read this and thought ":eek:"

why discrimination based on gender if males are allowed to marry two girls the a girl should also be allowed to marry two men same right:cheers:

How do you know who the father is in case the woman gets pregnant? Only option is DNA testing, but that's been only available for a few decades and plus only a fraction of the world's population has decent access to DNA testing. If Islam allowed what you ask, what would be the problem, say 50 years ago, when DNA testing was not available?

How do you know who the father is in case the woman gets pregnant? Only option is DNA testing, but that's been only available for a few decades and plus only a fraction of the world's population has decent access to DNA testing. If Islam allowed what you ask, what would be the problem, say 50 years ago, when DNA testing was not available?

O man i feel pity for the Bastards...:disagree:

In India two or more brothers share one wife, fraternal polyandry is a part of hindu culture. Also those poor southern Indians and the people from the Himalayas don't have access to DNA testing.
YouTube - Brothers share one wife - Fraternal Polyandry

:rofl: Nice logic SMC. :lol:
That's the logic of the Hanafii madh.hab. If SMC came to the same conclusion then great for him.

Let me quote the context of the fatwaa, albeit without reference: a woman came to Imaam Abu Haniifa and posed the same question. He said he'll think about it and asked her to come back the next day. He was awake at night still pondering when his daughter Haniifa asked him what was causing him to not sleep. He recounted her the problem and she replied that if a woman married twice, the geneology/paternity of her children could not be established (according to the anecdote Haniifah poured two bowls of milk into one and said 'can we now get the exact same milk into each of the previous bowls?', but I'm forgetful so can't quote the details of the episode). That was the answer the Imaam gave to the woman, and recorded for future jurisprudence.

FYI, Abu Haniifah (father of Haniifah) is what he liked himself to be called, unlike the Arab custom of calling you Abu X, X being the eldest son, even though he is said to have had 48 children.

I am curious, what is the reason given for this in Quran? I am sure it has a reasons it is quite unambiguous and full of explanations when it comes to these things.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom