What's new

Pakistan media gripped by man marrying twice in one day

Dude...Dont bring in the religion....The Number of RAM's wife is above 3 figures....

Ram had 1 wife ... Sita. His father Dasaratha had three wives (3 figures could mean upto <1000...:eek:).

But that does not mean that we are allowed to have three wives. These are based on our constitution and general conscience, not permissible by our religion. I don't see any rational justification beyond religion to have more than 1 wife. Nature created a 1:1 ratio keeping something in mind.

Not true. Women survive longer than men, and male death rates at birth are higher. If it were not for India and China, being a huge chunk of the world's populations, we'd more many more women than men.

Ram had 1 wife ... Sita. His father Dasaratha had three wives (3 figures could mean upto <1000...:eek:).

But that does not mean that we are allowed to have three wives. These are based on our constitution and general conscience, not permissible by our religion. I don't see any rational justification beyond religion to have more than 1 wife. Nature created a 1:1 ratio keeping something in mind.
I deleted it...because i wrongly wrote Ram and also could lead to flame..... It was Krishna ....Who's figure is in 3 figures or 4 .....

But the point is dont bring the religion in.......Or statements that we are defending it because its islam and if it was in hinduism we would be bashing it.

The marriage we are debating on is in Pakistan and Pakistani Constitution allow this....So what the point?

Last edited:
I think it was like one hindu god who had like thousands... I dunno...

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with it. It is miles better than cheating. It gives women their rites to husbands, and dignity along with it.

Not true. Women survive longer than men, and male death rates at birth are higher. If it were not for India and China, being a huge chunk of the world's populations, we'd more many more women than men.

Yes they do. But those surviving longer are in the 65+ age bracket. Improved healthcare, prolonged peace time, better food and income security have increased the life expectancy of males. Now there won't be many willing to marry a 65+ year old granny :rolleyes:
The *** ratio in the marriageable age range is now close to 1:1 with some slight variations. Generally, the developed countries have a slight favor in males as they have a better economic system, whereas in underdeveloped countries this male:female ratio would be lowered provided there isn't any infanticide that may skew the numbers.

A better argument in favor of polygamy is personal freedom and the fact that males have a generally higher sox drive with biological basis :devil: This can help prevent spouse cheating, adultery and divorces for some.

I deleted it...because i wrongly wrote Ram and also could lead to flame..... It was Krishna ....Who's figure is in 3 figures or 4 .....
Fair enough. :tup:
But the point is dont bring the religion in.......
The marriage we are debating on is in Pakistan and Pakistani Constitution allow this....So what the point?
Thats what I am trying to say... The Pakistan constitution allows multiple wives since the Holy Quran allows it... so in a way it is tied to the religious beliefs. India even allows it under the Muslim Personal Law although it is an arrestable offense for the Hindus.

The point is that there is no strong justification in today's world. This rule may have been created due to the fact that in early ages, it was usually men who fought the wars and as a result the ratio was heavily in favor of women (as @Clarifier pointed out). In today's society this isn't so.... it is more about equal rights given to men and women.

Lets just say it was a cheap attempt by someone who hates Muslims to make us look bad by bringing up this topic... but ultimately we have prevailed!!!!

Victory to Pakistanis on this one!!!! :))

Yes they do. But those surviving longer are in the 65+ age bracket. Improved healthcare, prolonged peace time, better food and income security have increased the life expectancy of males. Now there won't be many willing to marry a 65+ year old granny :rolleyes:
The *** ratio in the marriageable age range is now close to 1:1 with some slight variations. Generally, the developed countries have a slight favor in males as they have a better economic system, whereas in underdeveloped countries this male:female ratio would be lowered provided there isn't any infanticide that may skew the numbers.

A better argument in favor of polygamy is personal freedom and the fact that males have a generally higher sox drive with biological basis :devil: This can help prevent spouse cheating, adultery and divorces for some.

Well, I guess you're right about the 'granny' part. Nobody does that these days... the Prophet did marry old widows who needed some husband... but I guess that isn't applicable today. The main reason for this thing is, like you said, to avoid adultery, etc, etc...

I know a man who came to UAE and accepted citizenship decades ago. Now he's old, has 3 wives (with one of his wives often making fun of his others lol) and he gives them all equal rights. They're all happy. This is the main reason.

Anyhow, that's that. I'll log out now!

Fair enough. :tup:

Thats what I am trying to say... The Pakistan constitution allows multiple wives since the Holy Quran allows it... so in a way it is tied to the religious beliefs. India even allows it under the Muslim Personal Law although it is an arrestable offense for the Hindus.

The point is that there is no strong justification in today's world. This rule may have been created due to the fact that in early ages, it was usually men who fought the wars and as a result the ratio was heavily in favor of women (as @Clarifier pointed out). In today's society this isn't so.... it is more about equal rights given to men and women.
Its not that every muslim marries 4 wives....Also before marrying the 2nd women teh husband ask for first wife's permission. So basically there is no point of justification when the families themselves are happy. And the women who'll be 2nd wife is told that the guy is already married (Atleast in the one i was in) before the "Kabool hai".

Its not that every muslim marries 4 wives....Also before marrying the 2nd women teh husband ask for first wife's permission. So basically there is no point of justification when the families themselves are happy. And the women who'll be 2nd wife is told that the guy is already married (Atleast in the one i was in) before the "Kabool hai".
I know these cases are rare... but still just because the other wife is happy does not justify the reason behind marrying another one.

What would happen if the woman desires to marry 2 men. Do you think it would be ok (provided both men agree)

I had logged out did'nt see much of the 'debate'

The Clarifier said:
The reason of UAE having such a ratio is because most of the population is made up of Asian male workers coming from Asia.

Workers in the UAE aren't given citizenship, so they're not recorded in the surveys

The Clarifier said:
I think it was like one hindu god who had like thousands... I dunno...

:tdown: to the people starting hindu vs muslim debates, it's not about religion but about having modern humane laws (based on facts and science) rather than medieval ones (I'm not a Hindu)

The Clarifier said:
Not true. Women survive longer than men, and male death rates at birth are higher. If it were not for India and China, being a huge chunk of the world's populations, we'd more many more women than men

If it were not for India and China, being a huge chunk of the world's populations, we'd more many more women than men.

Again manipulating facts, just so it suits your interpretation, it has been shown by science that *** ratio always tends to be 1:1, read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher&#37;27s_principle

The Clarifier said:
and male death rates at birth are higher.

Completely false
The secondary *** ratio (*** ratio at birth) in humans is 105
boys to 100 girls (science and real data)

See dude, what you're trying to do is prove that all the 'old' laws in your scriptures are still eternal and the man made ones are false, well believe what you want to believe.

Thread closed as it has derailed way beyond the need for moderation

@People with argument that why women can't have more than one husband :sick:
People with childish mentality
if muslim men can marry with more than one women why you can't give your mom and sis more than one husband.
After all women have more *** hormones than men:rofl::rofl:
@Religious People
-How many wives Ibrahim had? 2
-How many wives musa had? 2
-How many wives Krishna had? 1600 or 16000
-How many wives David had? 99(According to jewish books)
@People who believe in science
1)Women can't available to you 30 days a month for ***.Depending on her periods which last from 2-15 days depending upon individual case.
2) Take 2 glasses of milk.mix water in one glass and leave the other.Now tell me which glass has pure milk and in which glass water is mixed.:azn:(only men has Y chromosome)
3)In islam it is duty of parents that mother of child breast feed him/her for 2 years.now tell me what is the solution if 2nd husband want child?
4)men remain lower in number than women because of wars etc etc
World war 2 is one of the major reason behind the moral death of europe.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom