What's new

Pakistan Marines

wilco aug is in use with the ssg mountain warfare battalion. and from the pics ive seen the pakistani marines hv soo far carried g3's mp5's those german machine guns but no ak 47's

wilco aug is in use with the ssg mountain warfare battalion.
no it is not only used by mountain Warfare but for all kind of operations in SSG.

Regards
Wilco

The Pakistan Marines should be broken off and made into a separate branch of the military. That would insure higher standards and better equipment and training for the Pakistani Marines. Currently, how many Marines are in service?

Blain,

Do you know how large of a force is going to maintained - short term and long term?

Last I looked at it, their strength was around a Battalion plus. I am pretty sure that eventually it will grow...would it be to a brigade level or Div. level? Now that is any body's guess on the outside.

What amphibious capabilities do they have?

I mean are there any LPDs or landing ships in PN and also are they going to be as heavily equiped as the USMC with MBTs etc?

The PN Marines have been equipped with 1000/8000 TD Hovercrafts. For Marshy areas, those are ideal. Its going to be a long while for PN Marines to get to where USMC currently is, a bigger possibility is that we may never be anything like the USMC.

Assalamoalikum :

if anybody tell me about Marines contribution in Militry or about their histroy n important as a force.n their purpeses.

i will be received all post n articals with open arms.
if u gonna mail me some articals abuot marines especials Pak Marines so plz mail me at
love_pakistan520@yahoo.com

Your Thankfull:smitten::

XTIVE:pakistan:

DUDE can you tell me that what types of latest equipment they acquired for their Navy. i guess that may be new AK. 47 or G3 or might be MP5...am i right.

ya dude on 27 january 2007 i was there at the passing out of 27 batch of marines.there they r armed with G.3. n i also saw marines on duty r holdin MP5.& in a documentry released by Geo Tv about PN Marines i saw that the marine demonstrate n trainned with AK.47 ,Anti Aircraft Gun n MG.3. n i think they are armed with all of that.

Pakistan Marines was founded in 1990 and is about 2,000 strong, with plans to grow to brigade strength by 2015.

History

Pakistan established a Marine in June 1971, consisting of a Marine Battalion and a Amphibious Wing to support operations in former East Pakistan. However, after the loss in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, the force was disbanded in order to reorganize the Pakistan Navy. However it was re-established on April 14, 1990.

Port Qasim

Port Qasim is the naval base for Pakistan Marines. It is responsible for general administration and logistics requirements of the marines. Its roles include:
•Act as logistics base for Marines.
•Operational readiness of all segments of Marines.
•Defence of designated operational area in Creek.
•Provision of security coverage to VA/VPs of PN and sensitive projects of national importance.
•Aid to civil power and rendering of assistance in case of natural calamities.
•Provision of Air Defence cover to designated PN units and Karachi complex through deployment of Mistral Missiles and Air Defence Balloons.
•Responsible for conduct of basic and mid career course for Marines.
•Maintain liaison with other PN and Army Institutions for coordinating various courses of instructions.
•Supervision/career management of Marines.
•Ceremonial duties.

Marines Training Center

The Marine Training Center was established in 1990 to impart Basic and Advance training to Pakistan Marines. Marine Training Center is equipped with modern training aid facilities to facilitate the conduct of various basic and advance level courses.

The PN Marines have been equipped with 1000/8000 TD Hovercrafts. For Marshy areas, those are ideal. Its going to be a long while for PN Marines to get to where USMC currently is, a bigger possibility is that we may never be anything like the USMC.
I think the purpose of our Marines would be to become an expeditionary extension of the PN in terms of peacekeeping missions & international exercises. It will be a while before it reaches such strengths, but we're not talking USMC level...perhaps along the lines of 1-2 LPDs, a few LSTs, a fair number of hovercraft, a squadron of helicopters and support from PN Aviation fighter aircraft.

I think the purpose of our Marines would be to become an expeditionary extension of the PN in terms of peacekeeping missions & international exercises. It will be a while before it reaches such strengths, but we're not talking USMC level...perhaps along the lines of 1-2 LPDs, a few LSTs, a fair number of hovercraft, a squadron of helicopters and support from PN Aviation fighter aircraft.

Actually the PN Marines (ex-SSGN) is a complete branch in itself in the PN. It is equipped with UK Griffon TD-2000 hovercrafts to patrol the creeks. Its weapons include the recently inducted Colt 5.56mm Semi-Auto Rifle. The Marines are also equipped with FPV's and RHIBS for VBSS. The Steyr AUG is still in service, though being phased out slowly from the Marines. They are also equipped with RBS-70, Russian RPG's, HALO and HAHO equipment, depth charges etc. Being relatively a new set-up coming from the SSG, the Marines role is going well in the PN.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom