What's new

Pakistan likely to buy China’s Z-10 Thunderbolt attack helicopters

Looks like the Chinese are souring the on-going talks with Russia for the Mi-35's. Good tactic to keep Pakistan in line with China by giving the Z-10's. One they will be tested in real time warfare conditions, Two payment terms will be very long term, Three success of these helicopters in Pakistan will open doors for exports as well! So everyone wins in the end!

Looks like the Chinese are souring the on-going talks with Russia for the Mi-35's. Good tactic to keep Pakistan in line with China by giving the Z-10's. One they will be tested in real time warfare conditions, Two payment terms will be very long term, Three success of these helicopters in Pakistan will open doors for exports as well! So everyone wins in the end!

But i believe we need the Mi-35 deal to be signed,for the sake of our relations with russia.

But i believe we need the Mi-35 deal to be signed,for the sake of our relations with russia.
Well I think that deal has already been signed. We were hearing news of Russia also offering MI-28 and few different Air Defence systems.

Well I think that deal has already been signed. We were hearing news of Russia also offering MI-28 and few different Air Defence systems.

The deal is expected to be signed this summer.

By selecting the best attack helicopter,keep in mind that it's opponent will be Apache, LCH, Mi-35 hind, Trishul &Tunguska.

Both Pakistan and China stand to gain from this deal. Pakistan gets a cheaper alternate to Cobra while China gets real time testing of her platform against hardened militants armed with RPGs and Anti-Aircraft Guns. With Pakistan's experience on both platforms, the Cobra and now Z-10, China will be able to make modifications and upgrades which will enhance the capability of their platform and help it mature to the level of western helos.

Are you sure about it ?
Another new engine, developed by China and Turbomeca, is the WZ16. Its maximum output power is 1500 kW, and it will be installed in the Z-10. After the installation of the new engines power would increase by 500 kW for Z-10. With WZ-9 turboshafts, Z-10 can carry 16 HJ-10 missiles with maximum take off weight, but the payload is very heavy for the Z-10 and engines and potentially risky for flying, so 8 missiles with other weapons serve as the maximum useful payload. After new WZ16 engines are installed in the Z-10, it can carry 16 of them like AH-64.

If we r getting these, they will be for evaluation purposes only. 3 helos can hardly make a difference in our aviation ops.
the canadian P&W engine was banned by canada after it found out that the use was for chinese attack helos.
The Chinese WZ9 has improved reliability but has not been tested under actual battle conditions.
I think the Russian deal is still on.

Not signed yet,i can confirm this
Takes time for such things.

These helicopters will rain death on Indians in Kashmir, forcing them to retreat.

2 different helos for same role(Counter Insurgency)??there are reports which suggests Pakistan is buying/China is gifting 3 helos.entirely different platform and such a low number,doesn't make any sense..

China given us these or we are Going for it instead of Super Cobra or Mi-28 or T-129?

The MI 35 deal was signed and I think deliveries should start this year....
plus Z-10 and MI-35 are of different class, it wont effect the russian deal,

lets hope we do get more of those Z-10's
it'll do wonders.

Are you sure about it ?
Yes as sources indicate..
CAIC Z-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
News are around that Pratt & Whitney engine will be used to power wz-10 but it was unlikely because after 1980 protest china would not get any equipment from west due to sanction but some US companies were involved in power plant development and it was confirmed
How US software ended up powering Chinese assault helicopters | Ars Technica
The engine on board wz-10 is latest in turbo shaft technology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom