What's new

Pakistan likely to buy China’s Z-10 Thunderbolt attack helicopters

wsFtQrA.jpg
YYnF9le.jpg
kPW7NoN.jpg

the last 3 pics are awesome

Both must have some similarities.. The only difference I find is that Mi-35 is also used for transportation. But I think this news is not relevant.

Z10 is light weight attack helicopter only , whereas MI-35 is middle weight multipurpose Helicopter. Both are different class. Russian class equivalent to Z10 is MI 28

Edge with what? That they could produce much heavier, maintenance nightmares in numbers and for 75% of the capability and 60% of the cost compared to the Super Viper and the Apaches? I believe that statement...

They can take more bullets then US, Radar and other sub systems and are better then US, Weapons choice is almost same as US. Russian radars and best in the world and know that lot of people came up with something fancy US alternative (US propaganda) but world knows that air defense system is best in the world and radar play very important role in it.

Z10 is light weight attack helicopter only , whereas MI-35 is middle weight multipurpose Helicopter. Both are different class. Russian class equivalent to Z10 is MI 28
WZ-10 is considered as medium weight class and not light weight. T-129 and Italy Augusta are considered light weight. Max take off weight is 5tons while WZ-10 max is 7tons.

Most importantly, China won't stop providing spares and components to PA under any circumstances.

WZ-10 is considered as medium weight class and not light weight. T-129 and Italy Augusta are considered light weight. Max take off weight is 5tons while WZ-10 max is 7tons.
I want to add that WZ10 heli is actually heavy weight when WZ16 turbo shaft is in place.

Most importantly, China won't stop providing spares and components to PA under any circumstances.

I want to add that WZ10 heli is actually heavy weight when WZ16 turbo shaft is in place.
the question remains can it be fitted with turkish weaponry?

Pakistan interested to buy China’s Z 10 helicopters
View attachment 180719

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s closest friend China is expected to give another gift this year in shape of their famous helicopter Z10.

According to reports, Three Z10 helicopters are expected to be included in Pakistan Army aviation fleet, which will be helpful in cleaning the terrorism in the county.

Pakistan shown interest in purchasing Z10 helicopters, sources said.

The helicopter is capable of targeting the enemy with a range of 3 to 4 kilometers without coming in reader. It is also capable of targeting in the air as well as on ground from air.

With the induction of Z10, Pakistan Army’s capability of targeting the terrorists will increase. Pakistan is already using the helicopters effectively in the war against terrorism.

On the other hand Pakistan is also interested to by Russian’s Mi-30 helicopters as well. This will not only strengthen the defence of the country but also help force to counter-terrorism effectively.

Looks like the "Rafale" of helicopters...

armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+abcdefexport+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+wz-10+radaraam+++WZ-9+turboshaft+engine+firing+4th+5+6+7+8+9akd-10+navy+%281%29.jpg

PC1334776812.jpg

Last edited:
They equipped Z-19 with one though:

View attachment 180852

Z-19 fitted with Longbow-style radar breaks cover - IHS Jane's 360

The first images have emerged of a new variant of the Harbin Z-19 light attack helicopter, equipped with a new mast-mounted active millimeter-wave (MMW) radar that appears similar to the Lockheed Martin AN/APG-78 Longbow fire control radar fitted to the Boeing AH-64 Apache.

Sources on Chinese military web pages have indicated it may be a lightweight version of a mast-mounted radar originally designed for the seven-tonne Changhe Z-10.

The sources have also suggested that Chinese MMW radar research began in the 1980s at the Xian Electronic Engineering Research Institute, and that the People's Liberation Army (PLA) was investigating its application for helicopters as early as 2003. It appears China made a deliberate decision to develop fixed active MMW technology for future helicopter radars, rather than for mechanically rotating radar systems.

An image of an early mast-mounted radar emerged in March 2007. In addition, the Harbin Z-9 has been used to test mast-mounted devices that could have been radar or optical systems. As elements of the Z-9, based on the French Aerospatiale (now Eurocopter) SA 365 Dauphin, were used in the Z-19's design, this would help explain the early appearance of a mast-mounted radar on the Z-19.

Sichuan Aerospace Industries Co displayed an 8 mm MMW radar for the C-701 small attack missile at the 2000 Zhuhai Airshow. Chinese sources have signalled that an MMW radar-guided variant of the Norinco AKD-10 air-launched anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) may be in development. The AKD-10 is used by the Z-10 and Z-19.

In order to compensate for the added weight of the mast-mounted radar, engine upgrades for the Z-10 and Z-19 may also be under consideration. So far, an estimated 100 Z-10 and 80 Z-19 attack helicopters have been produced for the army aviation branch of the PLA's ground forces.

Turkiye has been developing its own (MILDAR)

:Mildar: Advanced Milimetric Wave Radar - Kement(Lasso) Project

lol, that was supposed to make the Z-19 work like a OH-58 Kiowa. Not like an apache....

6815401776_aa0934f23d_b.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know much about aviation tech, and the stuff that I do know about is the stuff that I cannot tell you about....I can just say the longbow radar is a lot different and not only work at a radar like other rotor blade mounted Radar system. It have to do with how Apache communicate with ground troop. That's about all I can tell you at this moment....

the question remains can it be fitted with turkish weaponry?

Why must it fitted with Turkish weaponery? KD-10 a supposed heavy ATGM proves better than anything Turkey has. Plus KD-10 can be fitted on Wing Loong UCAV. So, its a weapon for many multiple platform.

I do not know what is the obsess of Pakistanis with Turkish weapon?

In fact, WZ-10 spec seems better than some of the contemporary attack helo but just too many bias opinion with basic stereotyping. The most important is WZ-10 is 100% sanction free. PA will never encounter the spare problem plague Cobra if they equipped with WZ-10 gunship.

Why must it fitted with Turkish weaponery? KD-10 a supposed heavy ATGM proves better than anything Turkey has. Plus KD-10 can be fitted on Wing Loong UCAV. So, its a weapon for many multiple platform.

I do not know what is the obsess of Pakistanis with Turkish weapon?

In fact, WZ-10 spec seems better than some of the contemporary attack helo but just too many bias opinion with basic stereotyping. The most important is WZ-10 is 100% sanction free. PA will never encounter the spare problem plague Cobra if they equipped with WZ-10 gunship.

That is a winning argument for WZ10, no strings attached.

Well if we finally choose this Helicopter we should have 60 in next few years but 12 really soon for TTP and BLA

Well if we finally choose this Helicopter we should have 60 in next few years but 12 really soon for TTP and BLA
where did u get this info?

[QUOTonatello, post: 6617621, member: 22032"]Abey, how many helicopters is Pakistan going to buy?[/QUOTE]

3 for evaluation purposes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom