What's new

Pakistan likely to buy 10 helicopters Mi-26 Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
compare this JF-17 showing off in Dubai

to this LCA ... needs a truck to move it around :p:

m02010012600004.jpg

@Irfan Baloch, Bro, what an achievement that even after two decades and help from all major aircraft manufacturers, the LCA even on the republic day is displayed on crutches.
As an aviation journo said, after the failure of their IJT, India is holding onto the LCA just for pride.

@Irfan Baloch, Bro, what an achievement that even after two decades and help from all major aircraft manufacturers, the LCA even on the republic day is displayed on crutches.
As an aviation journo said, after the failure of their IJT, India is holding onto the LCA just for pride.
careful with your posts that go against their pride, you will get -ve marking from their hot shots. threads after threads and pages over pages they would mock our ideology, our leaders and everything that defines us .. and if we even give a hint of their own "achievements" they will go bonkers.

speak to you soon buddy.. sorry i missed you before

Funny thing is that even after developing a plane with price tag of one third then others that super duper plan which impressed you so much is not able to find a single customer. Even country like Zimbambe not want this plane.

There are valid reasons for exports yet as

1- PAC is the only facility that can do production run for JF-17 and it's capacity is all being used to equip and evaluate for PAF. A massive undertaking itself.
2-The issue of Engines. Once WS13 becomes available it will give the buyers more leverage to bypass Russian influence

Now compare to your LCA, after 30 years, it is still being evaluated by IAF to see if it can really do anything other than fly around.

JF-17 was designed and built solely for PAF. Any exports are a bonus.

While your own planes have hard time finding IAF as a customer.

Nice jokes you post. Thank you and don't bother to come back again.

15rjfhi.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

First time to see this picture, can't believe it, see the front page "Ministry of Defence" and other some bad information. It is like they are bringing Idols carrying similarly in festival parade.

Edit: Oh I found truck driver hidding in huge truck. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
careful with your posts that go against their pride, you will get -ve marking from their hot shots. threads after threads and pages over pages they would mock our ideology, our leaders and everything that defines us .. and if we even give a hint of their own "achievements" they will go bonkers.

speak to you soon buddy.. sorry i missed you before
Hence i missed you here.

https://defence.pk/threads/no-to-geo-defense-forum.312008/

I cant relate the content of the original post and the title of the thread.

Is Pakistan interested in buying Mi-26? Or is it that Russia is interested in selling them to Pakistan and shortlisted us?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

First time to see this picture, can't believe it, see the front page "Ministry of Defence" and other some bad information. It is like they are bringing Idols carrying similarly in festival parade.

:rofl::rofl:

I dont understand where will this Tejas slot?

They are buying Rafales once the negotiations end, probably in next century. They are building this plane since last century.

Tejas are still not in production. By the time they are, they will be at least a generation behind.

Mister I am telling you you are wrong
because helicopters are meant to fly Mister
they dont float
because mister they have a big fan on their top sir
if you are not a sikh you shouldnt switch off the fan when you are flying the helicopter even if you are very cold mister
and What is your point Sir we need more Frigates and Fighter Jets for our forces first focus on them

this guy is one of the classic zombies who might have had his other account recently banned.

his butt hurt is evident

your standards seem very high .
do you sing Zimbabwean anthem everyday ?

compare this JF-17 showing off in Dubai

Irfan Saab,

LCA doesn;t need a truck to move it around, this was a static display unit at a parade, I am wondering why would you make this comment when you are well aware of the flights carried out by LCA...

Uses the same engines as f18's and gripen, has respectable aerodynamic surfaces. there is no reason for it not to fly i guess.

On topic, I am a big fan of Mi26 a/c's I hope pakistan will get few of them to help them in logitics and transport. Russain sales to pakistan is a positive development, Indian fears are to ensure, that strategic and offensive systems used by India are not proliferated to Pakistan.
Mister I am telling you you are wrong
because helicopters are meant to fly Mister
they dont float
because mister they have a big fan on their top sir
if you are not a sikh you shouldnt switch off the fan when you are flying the helicopter even if you are very cold mister
low blow!

and What is your point Sir we need more Frigates and Fighter Jets for our forces first focus on them

Sir Sir jee, we don't have economy to purchase more frigates and fighter jets, our economy is declining and our illiterate people went sucide bombing daily. We cancel to purchase J-10B and other big projects, go study more sir.

Russia needs to grow teeth and sell to whomever they want. Pakistan is a rising economy, they will have to do business one day or the other.
Grow teeth? The day Pakistan has a larger economy than India, Russia will do the logical thing and give Paksitan priority over India, until then Russia isn't going to upset the apple cart and throw away 10s of billions in business from India.

Grow teeth? The day Pakistan has a larger economy than India, Russia will do the logical thing and give Paksitan priority over India, until then Russia isn't going to upset the apple cart and throw away 10s of billions in business from India.

India is not going to throw away 10s of billions of business. India is over reliant on Russia to ditch anything Russian.

India is not going to throw away 10s of billions of business. India is over reliant on Russia to ditch anything Russian.
Is India really? Russia has lost successive deals to Western bids- AAR (A330 MRTT selected over IL-78MKI), Heavy-lift helo (CH-47F selected over Mi-26 T2), Heavy attack helo (AH-64E selected over Mi-28N), MMRCA (Rafale selected over MiG-35), RSH (AS550 selected over Ka-26). India has shown it CAN and WILL look to others if the conditions are right. The good old days of the Cold War are over, the Russians themselves have been whining that India isn't giving them enough business anymore.

And I am talking about purely defence deals, if we look at the civilian side Russia has more business interests in india than it does in Pakistan- a LOT more.

It's simple business and the Russians understand this all too well, who are they going to want to hitch their wagon to? India or Pakistan? The Russians know which side their bread is buttered. Come on, let's be real.....

India is not going to object to certain deals such as unarmed helos and such but that is about all Pakistan can hope for. If the roles were reversed does anyone really think Pakistan wouldn't be leveraging its position to block certain sales by Russia to its historic rival India?

anyway @Topic unless Russia is wiling to provide some sort of soft loans to Pakistan, how is the PAF expected to afford 10 of these?

International relations do not remain static, Please bear in mind India has always had access to European made defense articles since it became a republic, and thus traditionally used sporadic german, spanish, Italian, british and french made systems alongside russian made ones.

Now Indian relation with russia is more than that of just business, both nations have shared friendly relations, Soviet Union and Russia subsequently have supported India on international forums and militarily supported us in 71 for which we will remain eternally grateful.

As far as over dependence is concerned, let's try to understand that defense systems have longer shelf life than other articles of international trade as we see. Our bisons and your F16's have seen more winters that most members on the forum in their national colors. Republic of India for most part of it's existence has been an extremely poor but a very proud country. We did not have the money to buy the most expensive jets and the shiniest toys in the market, as we couldn't pay with money or compromise our pride, there was no other alternative but to buy what we could afford, which were essentially russian systems. Thus bread and butter of our armed forces have been mig21's, Su30's, pkm rifles, russian arty, and russian ships. We could not afford to let US or UK camp in our airfields thus we could not allow to get top of the line gizmos by signing every treaties that were sent to us.

Russian military philosophy was to overwhelm with numbers in every area it entered, which made their systems cost effective, this was a win win for us, what ever we could manage was put into premium products like german subs, british ships and a/c's in small quantities. So much that we weren't able to source thier top of line products in the past like the mig31's or their missile cruisers.

This changed in late 90's with the surge in Indian economy, but as I said shelf life of defense articles are significantly longer, we couldn't just trash our existing system, and along with that russia had emerged from the dissolution trauma, and was anxious to get back in the defense development market. India saw this as the opportunity to ensure that we have long term symbiotic synergy to ensure that both countries benefit in this equation. Thus development with russia have never taken a back seat, but our premium product buying power has increased, thus we have also expanded our defense trade with western countries purely based on product specific efficacy and projection envelope.

Over dependence on russia in the past was because of lack of options, Current defense development is strategic and well planned one.

Is India really? Russia has lost successive deals to Western bids- AAR (A330 MRTT selected over IL-78MKI), Heavy-lift helo (CH-47F selected over Mi-26 T2), Heavy attack helo (AH-64E selected over Mi-28N), MMRCA (Rafale selected over MiG-35), RSH (AS550 selected over Ka-26). India has shown it CAN and WILL look to others if the conditions are right. The good old days of the Cold War are over, the Russians themselves have been whining that India isn't giving them enough business anymore.

And I am talking about purely defence deals, if we look at the civilian side Russia has more business interests in india than it does in Pakistan- a LOT more.

It's simple business and the Russians understand this all too well, who are they going to want to hitch their wagon to? India or Pakistan? The Russians know which side their bread is buttered. Come on, let's be real.....

India is not going to object to certain deals such as unarmed helos and such but that is about all Pakistan can hope for. If the roles were reversed does anyone really think Pakistan wouldn't be leveraging its position to block certain sales by Russia to its historic rival India?

anyway @Topic unless Russia is wiling to provide some sort of soft loans to Pakistan, how is the PAF expected to afford 10 of these?
It will be a huge folly for India to look at russia as just another vendor. Russia is an ally and a friend, and there is a stretegic vision to this relations.

Now I dont want to compare numbers but the instances including MMRCA is chum change in contrast to MKI, Shivalik, PMF FGFA, MRTT, Possible Amur, Second Charlie class sub, INS Vik'ya,and various other subsystems and munitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom