What's new

Pakistan involved in the J-10B research and development.

The Mitsubishi F-2 also looks very similar to the F-16.

Gripen,Lavi,F2 are derived from F-16

I know about F-2 and Lavi but i doubt about Gripen . F2 clearly resembles with F-16 infact it was a joint venture b/w Mistubishi heavy industries and Lockheed martin , you can say that F-2 is a bigger form of f-16 with greater wingspan and external loading , same goes for Lavi, Israeli's added delta wings and canards to f-16 to make it Lavi but Gripen is a totally different concept with delta wings and canards while no resemblance with f-16, few of its features are mainly derived from Saab Draken and Saab vigen , there are many US subsystems on the gripen aircraft as well as engine but you cant call it a derivative of f-16.

Although F-16, F-20 and F-18 designs were studied before the evolution of gripen but then you cant call it derivative just because the designs were studied . Infact jf-17 LERX was adopted by studying F-18 but can you call it an f-18 derivative? the answer is no.

Even few mig-29's are with US and a careful study has been conducted to understand the aircraft in order to counter it also they serve as an aggressors

The Mitsubishi F-2 also looks very similar to the F-16.
GqpUa.jpg

iO8XW.jpg

b9Cbkh.jpg

b4Avs.jpg

TYJSo.jpg

F2, IDF(ChingKuo ),T50(Golden Eagle) all based on the design of USA F16

I know about F-2 and Lavi but i doubt about Gripen . F2 clearly resembles with F-16 infact it was a joint venture b/w Mistubishi heavy industries and Lockheed martin , you can say that F-2 is a bigger form of f-16 with greater wingspan and external loading , same goes for Lavi, Israeli's added delta wings and canards to f-16 to make it Lavi but Gripen is a totally different concept with delta wings and canards while no resemblance with f-16, few of its features are mainly derived from Saab Draken and Saab vigen , there are many US subsystems on the gripen aircraft as well as engine but you cant call it a derivative of f-16.

Although F-16, F-20 and F-18 designs were studied before the evolution of gripen but then you cant call it derivative just because the designs were studied . Infact jf-17 LERX was adopted by studying F-18 but can you call it an f-18 derivative? the answer is no.

Even few mig-29's are with US and a careful study has been conducted to understand the aircraft in order to counter it also they serve as an aggressors
F2andF16.png

Mistibushi F2 was a direct upgrade variant of F-16 block 40 , it has additional features than traditional F-16 like more range, fuselage modifications and it is only for Japan. Its first flight was on 1995 so US has no objections. It was costly as it added several features than F-16 B40 .
Lavi was developed from F-16 directly and it was stopped by US pressure since it would be dangerous for F-16 future . Is first flight was in 1986, close to F-16 . It costed less than F-16 and was mini variant of F-16 .

Gripen has a different case, a study has been conducted from F-16,F-18,F-20,Mirage 2000.
So it is a hybrid plane, most of the technology was derived from US planes especially from F-16 and F-18 .
The aircraft studied would be a single-engine, lightweight single-seater, which embraced fly-by-wire technology, coupled with an unstable design like F-16 but with canards. Not only design was studied but also many avionics were imported including sensors and radars . Gripen was intended to be easy to maintain and at the same cost of F-16.

Also US has Su27's for study but i wonder if Russians would give PAKFA to them . India would object then:rofl:

The F-2 was the development of a US study called F-16 Agile.. which was propose to counter newer soviet fighters such as the Su-27. Larger wing area, more hardpoints..
the Japanese took that.. Ichibanized it.. adding composites.. RAM and came up with the F-2.. however they tried to push too many frontiers at once and encountered some issues.

The LAVI was derived from the F-16.. almost looking like it from the front.. but the Canard studies were based off from another manufacturer.
The J-10 was continuation of the J-9 project with inputs and knowledge from the LAVI program.
The American's own only a handful of private su-27's .. and the Russian's fought very hard trying to make sure they did not get it but the dissolution of the USSR and the pro-western attitude of Ukraine an other splinter states left them handicapped in stopping this endeavor.

F2andF16.png

Mistibushi F2 was a direct upgrade variant of F-16 block 40 , it has additional features than traditional F-16 like more range, fuselage modifications and it is only for Japan. Its first flight was on 1995 so US has no objections. It was costly as it added several features than F-16 B40 .
Lavi was developed from F-16 directly and it was stopped by US pressure since it would be dangerous for F-16 future . Is first flight was in 1986, close to F-16 . It costed less than F-16 and was mini variant of F-16 .

Gripen has a different case, a study has been conducted from F-16,F-18,F-20,Mirage 2000.
So it is a hybrid plane, most of the technology was derived from US planes especially from F-16 and F-18 .
The aircraft studied would be a single-engine, lightweight single-seater, which embraced fly-by-wire technology, coupled with an unstable design like F-16 but with canards. Not only design was studied but also many avionics were imported including sensors and radars . Gripen was intended to be easy to maintain and at the same cost of F-16.

Also US has Su27's for study but i wonder if Russians would give PAKFA to them . India would object then:rofl:

Thats what i also said in my above post, i hope i was not speaking french in that post so it was so tough for you to get it. your this post directly contradicts your above post in which you said that Gripen is a derivative of f-16,

Here is what you said in your first post

tvsram1992;Gripen,Lavi,F2 are derived from F-16

Now here is what you said in your 2nd post

tvsram1992;Gripen has a different case, a study has been conducted from F-16,F-18,F-20,Mirage 2000.
So it is a hybrid plane, most of the technology was derived from US planes especially from F-16 and F-18

And thats what i said in my above post

mani2020;Although F-16, F-20 and F-18 designs were studied before the evolution of gripen but then you cant call it derivative just because the designs were studied . Infact jf-17 LERX was adopted by studying F-18 but can you call it an f-18 derivative? the answer is no.

so what was wrong with what i said so you felt a need to quote it and directly said what i said for you? there was no need to post F-2 pic from wikipedia , Try to accept the mistakes on your part and then learn it as it will help you to get more information and utilize it in a better way , Hope you will take it as a friendly thing and not offense

Thats what i also said in my above post, i hope i was not speaking french in that post so it was so tough for you to get it. your this post directly contradicts your above post in which you said that Gripen is a derivative of f-16,

Here is what you said in your first post

Now here is what you said in your 2nd post

And thats what i said in my above post

so what was wrong with what i said so you felt a need to quote it and directly said what i said for you? there was no need to post F-2 pic from wikipedia , Try to accept the mistakes on your part and then learn it as it will help you to get more information and utilize it in a better way , Hope you will take it as a friendly thing and not offense
I mean to say other aircrafts like mirage were considered but finally f-16 design was chosen which you contradict.
While f2 is a direct modification of F-16, gripen has many modifications in engines and other stuff.
Lavi <F16=griffen<F-2 in capabilities
Once again iam saying since you got misunderstood my post
Lavi and F2 are direct variants but gripen has derived technology from US planes especially from F-16.
Regarding the pic i mean to say both are one and the same like su27 and su30mki
Gripen has got negative static stability(dont know name exactly) purposefully and F-16 was the first ever plane to get such feature.
Please read my latter part of post which you quoted.
In fact griffen was made to be much smaller in size than F-16 but with more weight and thanks u didnt tag me a troll.
---------
I would like to hear senior chinese members comments here . I wonder what they say .

I mean to say other aircrafts like mirage were considered but finally f-16 design was chosen which you contradict.
While f2 is a direct modification of F-16, gripen has many modifications in engines and other stuff.
Lavi and F2 are direct variants but gripen has derived technology from US planes especially from F-16.
Gripen has got negative static stability(dont know name exactly) purposefully and F-16 was the first ever plane to get such feature.
In fact griffen was made to be much smaller in size than F-16 but with more weight and thanks u didnt tag me a troll.
---------
I would like to hear senior chinese members comments here . I wonder what they say .

If even gripen has some features adopted from f-16 then calling it derivative of f-16 doesn't make a right sense even gripen evolved by studying f-18 and f-20 so does it make gripen a derivative of f-18 and f-20 as well?going by that gripen is a derivative of 3 aircrafts at the same time wow isn't it amazing, most of the aircraft's features are adopted from other aircrafts , like i gave you an example of jf-17 LERX adopted by studying F-18 , so will that make jf-17 derivative of f-18? Gripen doesn't share any thing similar found on f-16 may be some further improvised stuff but both belong to different concept of fighters, if you say that gripen uses engine from the same source as used by f-16 then jf-17 would be a derivative of mig-29 as both uses engine from same series and technology .

Any way don't want to derail thread . so lets finish it here

WE dont want to give you the source, and if it makes you sleep well at night we dont have any expertise. Now happy!

Buzz off.
So J10-B is not indigenous as China claims?
Any Mods/senior members,
Can we skip the source? Can i post a thread with out source ?
By the way what minimum eligibility to post in kashmir section?

One simple question to the indians one a mege whining campaign what exactly are you trying to prove. That Pakistan cant be involved in R&D or dont have the infrastructure to do so. Well what will that achieve, are we still not going to get the J-10s are our boys still not be working with the Chinese on these. Well think again.
Congrats and All the best for the ambitious JV fighter programs.
On behalf on Indians i say only one thing.
Why some people always claim always Indian products are not Indigenous?
We assemble the world class fighters with full tot and why cant we produce a better fighter?
Obviously we prove the fact that our fighters are better than ...

Any Mods/senior members,

We assemble the world class fighters with full tot and why cant we produce a better fighter?

ToT is different. The SU-30MKI was a joint venture between HAL and Sukhoi. They are produced in India.

The Chinese developed the J-10 thoroughly with Israeli and Pakistani input. But still, much of the work behind the J-10 was carried out by the Chinese. The Lavi wasn't even operational.

You could say the HAL Tejas is indigenous, even though it runs on a GE engine :lol:

The bottom line is that India still imports much of their jets. There is a reason why it is the world's largest importer of foreign-made weapons.

---------

The Gripen has approx. 20% technology directly form the US, so you cannot call it F-16 derivative like the Mitsubishi F-2. It is clear as day and night.

Any Mods/senior members,

There is a difference between assembling and manufacturing IMO.

Back
Top Bottom