What's new

Pakistan interested in buying T-50 trainer and 1500 HP engines from South Korea

I wonder why we have to import Tank engines and transmissions? What's the point of HIT when it can't produce a simple tank engine or transmission and pump it up to 1500 HP? I know car mechanics who can pump up Toyota Supras to a thousand HP in Karachi using their small workshops, but HIT can't make or upgrade an engine...
Sure there is a small difference between a Tank engine and a Car engine, but still?

Most of the world can't produce Tank engines producing engine is not a easy job it takes years and years to do it.

In most polite words, HIT has not done what they could do, though reality is much more harsh.
It's no excuse, If many nations can't produce engine, so HIT is not capable.
But it's real shame that people are manufacturing engines since one and half century and HIT is unable to do that, if they can feel, but hopefully no like any other Pakistani institution.

In most polite words, HIT has not done what they could do, though reality is much more harsh.
It's no excuse, If many nations can't produce engine, so HIT is not capable.
But it's real shame that people are manufacturing engines since one and half century and HIT is unable to do that, if they can feel, but hopefully no like any other Pakistani institution.
Most are not manufacturing engines the amount it costs is massive not easy thing to do. But now they are first looking to get engine tech with TOT.

good move, diversify the assets......

USA
CHINA
FRANCE
TURKEY
UKRAINE
RUSSIA
SOUTH AFRICA
SOUTH KOREA??

Not really. Maintenance nightmare to be true. Take a look at all bigger powers, they've all wasted dozens of billions $$$$ over many decades in managing multiple platforms. Now everyone is consolidating......

So many platforms in Pakistan kind of defeat the purpose of the entire JFT program as it was created to standardized platforms and create an affordable platform. They should build additional JFT's, and turn block 1's into trainers. This way save hundreds of millions of dollars, and put that money into further R&D, block III and a stealthy block 4?

Once the JF-17b matures, don't be surprised to see it flying in our colors. :-):pakistan:
If you mean in colors of PAF, then they already said no to that.
They are making 2 seater version but not for PAF.

Most are not manufacturing engines the amount it costs is massive not easy thing to do. But now they are first looking to get engine tech with TOT.
If you look into today's world of specification and specialization, you will find every organiszation is manufacturing their own engines and gearbox, at least of their size.
In last comment what I actually by shame means is their general sarkari Pakistani culture of tea drinking, and sitting idle in offices. That's not the way an industry could work. They should learn something from industrialized nations.
Secondly, corruption is of course there in each and every sarkari institution. Some are fully corrupt, some are level down, but every institution has that virus.

We should be able to save enough money for R&D If you can stop Nawaz Sharif from taking foreign trip for next 2 years.

Does Pakistan make car engine & transmission?

Pakistan has invested Zero in auto industry. Even Iran has a better Auto industry than Pakistan.
Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia are ahead of Pakistan in manufacturing cars and car parts.
Exactly what i'm pointing out.
Lets forget Tank engines, instead how many vehicle engines does Pakistan make?

Even Romania produces its own reverse engineered Leopard 1 Tank engine they use in their TR85. Pakistan needs to work on it's industry, and the government/army needs to allow other people to set up arms and heavy equipment factories, Increasing competition and perhaps producing better stuff . POF can't even spell "Artillery" properly, as evident from their website.

Hell, POF can't even mount a magnifier correctly:
pof_g_3s-tfb.jpg

I remember they mounted a Holographic sight the wrong way on one of their G3 clones. Can't find the picture now.

Last edited:
i know its basti pak cant make engine. the worst part is they m ake those sh ity motor cycles with crappy engine that will burn out. dumbest nation i swear if you were building engine and you would make huge money up in azad kashmir from foreigners paks. Instead they importing and paying forced bribes to custom guy or give him small car as gift.

used Helicopters from ME and may be some new ones from EU/USA

50 EF-2000s
50 Rafaels
50 Grippen
32 Additional F-16s are on the way from US
150 Platius
150 T-50
used C-130s and may be some CN-235 and C-27s
may be P-3C based Hawkeye-2000s other than PN's ones
UAVs from China/EU/US

I don't think so that SU-35 can come. May be IL-76 would be coming from Russia.
Here we go,, AGAIN,,,,
You are absolutely right but you missed the need for 47 F-35 and 43 F-22 that PAF must also go for. Also since these are all western systems so PAF must also buy 41 Su-35 and 43 Su-30. Also with Indian relations with Russia at all time low, i guess PAF should also partner with Russia for the PAKFA 5th generation as F-22, F-35, J31 and J20 will not be enough in 5th gen category for PAF.

Transport is not a problem, we need to buy 50 heave transport planes,, we can easily request Airbus to make a military version of A-380 for us.

And while you are out getting all this,,myray lea 10 rupay ke gandarian b lyty aana.

Here we go,, AGAIN,,,,
You are absolutely right but you missed the need for 47 F-35 and 43 F-22 that PAF must also go for. Also since these are all western systems so PAF must also buy 41 Su-35 and 43 Su-30. Also with Indian relations with Russia at all time low, i guess PAF should also partner with Russia for the PAKFA 5th generation as F-22, F-35, J31 and J20 will not be enough in 5th gen category for PAF.

Transport is not a problem, we need to buy 50 heave transport planes,, we can easily request Airbus to make a military version of A-380 for us.

And while you are out getting all this,,myray lea 10 rupay ke gandarian b lyty aana.
I like how everything is in multiples of 50 or 2.

Good news. It will improve the bond between south korea

If you mean in colors of PAF, then they already said no to that.
They are making 2 seater version but not for PAF.
Sir, I meant us i.e. UAEAF.

Secondly, once it goes into production, why shouldn't the PAF use it as a "LIFT" aircraft, is debatable.

So any possibility of the deal for 50 T-50s soon? I also like to see some 100 Platius in PAF too.

Here are current options for advance trainer for PAF.

o881hy.jpg

1) KAI / Lockheed Martin T-50 Golden Eagle /FA-50.

2) Hongdu JL-10 / L-15 Falcon

3) Yakovlev Yak-130 (Mitten)

4) Guizhou JL-9 Shanying (FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle)

5) Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master

Back
Top Bottom