What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

In all honesty, the genuinely shady deals have been the Damen OPV and Swift Corvette. Both ships have hulls and superstructures built of steel, so they aren't terribly complicated where if given the technical documentation KSEW couldn't have built them itself (albeit with imported materials).

IMHO the Damen OPV, Swift Corvette and PMSA 1,500 ton MPV could have been standardized onto a single platform design (with varying subsystems and weapons), which could have been an opportunity to have KSEW work with an experienced ship designer to come up with an original design for manufacturing and marketing from Pakistan.
apart from PAF no other group of armed forces have really wanted to push for indiginization...its unfortunately a mind set changed that is needed...

we do keep on spending billions and billion in maintaining a dysfunctional airlines but refuse to spend in critical areas related to technology transfer, i understand we dont have a sub base for complicated ship building but that can be achieved with govt investment and than privatization

the whole issue with pakistan econmy is balance of payment, not revenues, and what i see is that nothing is done to solve that

its here we can learn from india

Can someone please translate this tweet properly?

At the end of November contract has started to be prepearing for Pakistans MILGEM Ada Class corvette procurement. (Meaning they are working on the details). Dialog still going for construction of ships, 2 of them to be build in Turkey and 2 of them to be built in Karachi.

Source is reliable, not an official though, but he is mostly correct in his tweets.

I'm gonna say, Hayırlı Olsun. :-)

P.S: I can almost hear, you guys asking like "Which Block Milgem, is it going to have VLS," etc.....No one can know that as for know, we have to wait for the official statement.

@cabatli_53 How this development would effect our I-Class frigate production ?

At the end of November contract has started to be prepearing for Pakistans MILGEM Ada Class corvette procurement. (Meaning they are working on the details). Dialog still going for construction of ships, 2 of them to be build in Turkey and 2 of them to be built in Karachi.

Source is reliable, not an official though, but he is mostly correct in his tweets.

I'm gonna say, Hayırlı Olsun. :-)

P.S: I can almost hear, you guys asking like "Which Block Milgem, is it going to have VLS," etc.....No one can know that as for know, we have to wait for the official statement.

@cabatli_53 How this development would effect our I-Class frigate production ?

Cabatli brother, rumored that Pakistan will be getting the I-Class Frigate from Turkey ..

Cabatli brother, rumored that Pakistan will be getting the I-Class Frigate from Turkey ..
It might be.

Look, initially MİLGEM project referred to 12 Ada Class corvettes. Later on project evolved to;

- 4 Ada Class corvettes
- 4 İstanbul Class Frigates
- 4 TF-2000 Class Frigates

So, today "Milgem" might refer to any of these ships. Also some, use the word to refer Ada Class corvettes.....So, i think, we should wait for the official statement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom