What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Well most of the projects that we are talking about started during Zakaullah.

You obviously dont have inside track of PN. Z was the most indecisive and short sighted CNS in a while, though PN has had much worse too. I am confident Admiral Abbasi is the force PN needs to prepare for the developing threat.

It might be.

Look, initially MİLGEM project referred to 12 Ada Class corvettes. Later on project evolved to;

- 4 Ada Class corvettes
- 4 İstanbul Class Frigates
- 4 TF-2000 Class Frigates

So, today "Milgem" might refer to any of these ships. Also some, use the word to refer Ada Class corvettes.....So, i think, we should wait for the official statement.

A small correction brother. Milgem refers construction of 12 corvettes, later, The project seperated into other variants based on additional requirements.

4 Ada class corvette (1-2-3-4)
4 Istanbul class frigate (5-6-7-8)
4 TF-100 frigate (9-10-11-12)

TF-2000 will be a 7000t AAW destroyer project proceeding with a different path than regular Milgem project.

A small correction brother. Milgem refers construction of 12 corvettes, later, The project seperated into other variants based on additional requirements.

4 Ada class corvette (1-2-3-4)
4 Istanbul class frigate (5-6-7-8)
4 TF-100 frigate (9-10-11-12)

TF-2000 will be a 7000t AAW destroyer project proceeding with a different path than regular Milgem project.
Bro, are you sure ?

As far as i know it was first TF-100 then they changed it's name to Istanbul Class.

The Istanbul-class frigates are a planned group of four frigates for the Turkish Naval Forces. Developed under the MILGEMnational warship program as the TF-100-class frigate, the Istanbul class is an enlarged variant of the Ada class anti-submarine corvette, with enhanced endurance and the fitting of a Mark 41 vertical launch system for a multi-role capability. Also known as the I-class frigate and the MILGEM-G-class frigate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul-class_frigate

At the end of November contract has started to be prepearing for Pakistans MILGEM Ada Class corvette procurement. (Meaning they are working on the details). Dialog still going for construction of ships, 2 of them to be build in Turkey and 2 of them to be built in Karachi.

Source is reliable, not an official though, but he is mostly correct in his tweets.

I'm gonna say, Hayırlı Olsun. :-)

P.S: I can almost hear, you guys asking like "Which Block Milgem, is it going to have VLS," etc.....No one can know that as for know, we have to wait for the official statement.

@cabatli_53 How this development would effect our I-Class frigate production ?

Bro, First ship of I class is being constructed in military shipyard right now and Rest will be transfered to one private shipyards. Most probably, The private shipyard will be able to construct two I-class simultaneously While Empty dock in military shipyard will be used to construct first TF-2000 destroyer. If nothing changed, It is not possible to seperate additional dock to construct costumer ships in Istanbul shipyard command center since ÇAFRAD radar units of TF-2000 is near to compilation by 2018. Most probably, The ships ordered by costumers will be constructed in same private shipyard that is going to construct I- class frigates.

You obviously dont have inside track of PN. Z was the most indecisive and short sighted CNS in a while, though PN has had much worse too. I am confident Admiral Abbasi is the force PN needs to prepare for the developing threat.

I have to agree. The only thing he was good at were sailing competitions. What a waste and good riddance.

Last edited:
Bro, are you sure ?

As far as i know it was first TF-100 then they changed it's name to Istanbul Class.

The Istanbul-class frigates are a planned group of four frigates for the Turkish Naval Forces. Developed under the MILGEMnational warship program as the TF-100-class frigate, the Istanbul class is an enlarged variant of the Ada class anti-submarine corvette, with enhanced endurance and the fitting of a Mark 41 vertical launch system for a multi-role capability. Also known as the I-class frigate and the MILGEM-G-class frigate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul-class_frigate

TF-100 is still alive bro but she is positioned in mid/long term planing since It is planned to replace Barbaros and Gabya class frigates.

Naval ships constructed in Military shipyards.
6XqkXN.jpg

Naval shipsconstructed/ to be constructed on private shipyards.
2B3AFE8B-2FA5-4F79-A64D-F199C47E6545.jpeg

Last edited:

I would think buying a US$ 300 million warship without VLS is short sighted as well, while others are buying better ships with CODAD propulsion (like the Gowind 2500) at a slightly smaller price.

Last edited:
I would think buying a US$ 300 million warship without VLS is short sighted as well, while others are buying better ships with CODAD propulsion (like the Gowind 2500) at a slightly smaller price.
Or inconsistently deciding when to go for tested or untested designs, eg get the PNFT (untested) but then stick to the Ada with no VLS instead of the LF-2400.

Or inconsistently deciding when to go for tested or untested designs, eg get the PNFT (untested) but then stick to the Ada with no VLS instead of the LF-2400.
i class is not untested, its beingbult for turkish navy

what is being said is that its better to buy 3 i class frigates rather than 4 basic ada class given strong IN airarm and air threats, this is especially true if RAM is not coming with it

The war at sea (and on land) has changed dramatically with Brahmos. You cant comment on the final configuration till you actually see it. Trust the boys in white to have done their work.

The war at sea (and on land) has changed dramatically with Brahmos. You cant comment on the final configuration till you actually see it. Trust the boys in white to have done their work.

How effective Point AD systems like RAM and FL-3000 will be against Brahmos ?

Not too sure I can trust them in white, some of their recent decisions are very haphazard. And very not cost effective. For example , Damen opv and swift Corvette. Now Ada class without vls. I hope PN goes for melgim 2 with vls missiles. This is the version with 24 or 32 vls missile and is 105 meters not to be confused with iclass frigates

Not too sure I can trust them in white, some of their recent decisions are very haphazard. And very not cost effective. For example , Damen opv and swift Corvette. Now Ada class without vls. I hope PN goes for melgim 2 with vls missiles. This is the version with 24 or 32 vls missile and is 105 meters not to be confused with iclass frigates

I believe the Swiftships corvettes will be the successor's of Type 21's Harpoon's, which the Americans refused to allow on the MRTP 33.

Despite being an all steel vessel, there is no comparison with Damen OPV in armament, sensors and CMS.

I believe the Swiftships corvettes will be the successor's of Type 21's Harpoon's, which the Americans refused to allow on the MRTP 33.

Despite being an all steel vessel, there is no comparison with Damen OPV in armament, sensors and CMS.
But one could theoretically fit the Damen OPVs in the same manner.

so it means PN is building a ship around harpoons, logic does not fit it. dont we build missile for a boat not boat fro a missile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom