What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

As per Turkish officials during IDEAS 2016, Pakistan will decide around July 2017.
why is it that the armed forced dont care to much about the navy? im sure cpec needs a navy to safe guard it and a few 600/1500 tonne coast guard ships aint gonna cut it.

call it trolling but i wont be surprised if the indian coast guard is bigger than pakistani navy.
the only good thing they have is the a90b subs and thats it.

why is it that the armed forced dont care to much about the navy? im sure cpec needs a navy to safe guard it and a few 600/1500 tonne coast guard ships aint gonna cut it.

call it trolling but i wont be surprised if the indian coast guard is bigger than pakistani navy.
at least you agree to one thing, and that all needed to fix the enemy's goat.

The PN's A2/AD strategy is built on SSPs and FACs. The SLOC interdiction and defence strategy is based on SSPs. That's basically the wartime element, the surface ships (at this time) are being sought for policing the SLOCs during peacetime.

The PN's A2/AD strategy is built on SSPs and FACs. The SLOC interdiction and defence strategy is based on SSPs. That's basically the wartime element, the surface ships (at this time) are being sought for policing the SLOCs during peacetime.
i would love for you to cut it out with the acronyms. i dont know if you've noticed but im not a military guy.
so what does:
A2
Ad (Air defence?)
ssp
fac (fast attack craft)
sloc

mean?

at least you agree to one thing, and that all needed to fix the enemy's goat.
come again?

i would love for you to cut it out with the acronyms. i dont know if you've noticed but im not a military guy.
so what does:
A2
Ad (Air defence?)
ssp
fac (fast attack craft)
sloc

mean?

come again?
A2/AD - anti-access and area denial, which is to prevent the enemy from accessing littoral waters and coasts.

SLOC - sea lines of communication I.e. trade routes and sea lanes.

SSP - conventional AIP subs

A2/AD - anti-access and area denial, which is to prevent the enemy from accessing littoral waters and coasts.

so kind.......

anti access......... there just general purpose frigates (f22p) the c802's are beasts yes but thats about it.
anti air?? not so much
the tariq class are relics and the perry frigate is basically a training vessel
theres nothing else. chinese type 057's would do just nicely.

PN may field South African SAM or possibly Sea CAMM on Turkish ships if procured. Also DK-10 from China is also good option.

If you look at the conversation, what u are saying is what i have advocated but the PN is unlikely to do that. It seems with MILGEM they are interested only in Antishipping /Antisubmarine capabilities and dont care about air defense.

The fact that no deal has yet beem signed
is actually the best news you can hope for. Maybe you have some time for PN Brass tp come to their senses about what reality they are living in where air defense doesnt matter. That is a problem across the board in Pakistan's military. No-one believes in aor defense. They think offensive weapons for minimum credible deterence is a real thing. It not. You need to protect your assets too. It enables you to survive longer.

Hazrat @Zarvan another flop from your informants!
These were not my informants. Turkish Journalists were talking about this on twitter and not one but lot of them so I started this thread. This news was not my informants. My informants are quite solid

These were not my informants. Turkish Journalists were talking about this on twitter and not one but lot of them so I started this thread. This news was not my informants. My informants are quite solid
Hazrat @Zarvan we all know this was NOT a state visit! This was a personal visit! as Quwa pointed out the deal is likely to be finalised in July!!

jumping for joy too early can cause you to fall flat on......

Hazrat @Zarvan we all know this was NOT a state visit! This was a personal visit! as Quwa pointed out the deal is likely to be finalised in July!!

jumping for joy too early can cause you to fall flat on......
It wasn't a personal visit. 10 MOU have been signed at least including on Military Corporation.

I think expectations were for the 4-6 Corvettes and T-129 Helicopter order , certainly a disappointing Tour if such items were not announced in a formal Press Release

We should pay attention to what officials say regarding known programs.

The MILGEM and T-129 are not all that secret where final MoUs will be signed as a surprise, we have STM and TAI people giving clear ideas as to where both programs stand.

STM thinks the MILGEM will be signed after July, and TAI is saying "coming months" - neither is actually concrete yet, but officials on both sides are actively negotiating and trying to work a plan.

Pakistan took 4-5 years to work out the Hangor submarine program with China. The new POF rifle program is clearly taking years. Even the F-16 Block-52+ deal went from 2004 to 2008 before contracts were signed.

What ever policy PN has is clearly not effective so far just like we faced disaster during 1971 war. (Attack on Port/Oil stores along with destruction of other naval assets). Now perhaps we have enough assets to sop any naval incursion however our SAMS deployed both on naval ships and at port are insufficient to counter any any air attack or to intercept missiles. Our F21 calss frigate numbered 5 are now almost incapable even to survive themselves meanwhile F22s have on short range SAM, the OHP even has no SAM coverage.

Back
Top Bottom