What's new

Pakistan in Pictures

The annual Urs of Data Ganj Bakhsh

data_ganj_002.jpg

Devotees light candles at the shrine of Sufi Saint Data Ganj Bakhsh in Lahore. – AFP

data_ganj_008.jpg

data_ganj_001.jpg

A devotee dances outisde the shrine of Sufi Saint Data Ganj Bakhsh in Lahore on January 23, 2011. The three-day celebrations of 967th festival of Hazrat Ali Bin Usman popularly known as Data Gunj Bakhsh started with traditional zeal with 'chaddar' laying ceremony at the shrine after the after noon prayers. – AFP

water24fo3_jpg_782190gm-e.jpg

A boy and a family of buffalo enjoy the waters of the Indus River near the town of Kotri in southern Pakistan.

17_OprImg.jpg

I wonder if he is trying ti find a brain in there? Looks disappointed though

Dreaming of Bombay in Karachi.

The musical Bombay Dreams opened this week in a riot of lights and color on January 27 in Karachi.

The play – that will run till February 20 – is directed by Shah Sharahbeel who previously produced versions of Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera. It is a local rendition of an Andrew Loyd Webber production that opened in 2002 and ran for two years in London, followed by a Broadway production in 2004.

bombay-dreams-8.jpg

bombay-dreams-9.jpg

hindu-pic-ap-543.jpg

A Hindu woman arranges earthern lamps near to Hindu Goddesses to celebrate ‘Diwali’ the festival of lights, at her home in Lahore, Pakistan on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009. Hindus living in Pakistan are celebrating Diwali where people decorate their homes with light. – AP Photo

kulfi-walla-Lahore.jpg

Lahore. kulfi wala (Ice Cream Man) :D

Images from the second and third day of the Islamabad Fashion Week where some 90 models, mostly newcomers, are participating in the four-day event which aims to promote Pakistan’s textile industry. – AFP photos

isl_fashion_006.jpg

A creation by Pakistani designer Rehana Saigol.

isl_fashion_004.jpg

isl_fashion_003.jpg

lahore_rally_543.jpg

Supporters of the religious and political party Jamaat-e-Islami hold a banner that reads “Pakistani Demand to Hang Raymond Davis Immediately” while praying during a protest rally in Karachi January 30, 2011. – Reuters

The bad and ugly side of pakistan!

Yeah right, without due processes, lets hang him.:rolleyes:

20110208_39.jpg

MURREE: Snow caps buildings in Murree on Monday. online

20110207_42.jpg

Karachi: A girl shouts slogans while holding a defaced poster of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak during a rally in support of Egyptian anti-Mubarak protesters on Sunday. ap

20110208_29.jpg

Lahore: Newly graduated Rescue 1122 officers parade during their passing out ceremony on Monday. online

20110207_34.jpg

Lahore: People enjoy boating at a lake in the Racecource Park as sun sets, on Sunday. iqtidar zaidi

thx i'm glad atleast somebody is seeing them this thread hardly gets any participation it goes ages without any comments other than me posting pics i have posted thousands of epic pics of pakistan which have gone unviewed :undecided: nonetheless i will still keep posting anyway stay tuned for more.

No Khanz. You will always have one viewer and that is me.:P

More than green areas, i love Pakistan glaciers. Green ice and clear reflecting water. It's a totally different world.

pakistan___k2_glacier_1_by_pakdev-d37ox66.jpg

K-2 glacier

3619562730_6e5416b8c5_o.jpg

Great Abruzzi glacier

passu-pakistan-and-the-passu-glacier-gilgit.jpg

Passu Glacier

BaltoroGlacier3corbis.jpg

Baltoro Glacier

pakistan_glacier_wall_in_mountains_29010001512.jpg

Glacier wall

concordia_glaciers.jpg

Concordia

333568612_74e2fcd7c2.jpg

Batura glacier

Biafo-Glacier-2.jpg

Biafo glacier

I would say instead of posting pictures anyone can google, users should try to post pictures taken by themselves. I believe most of us must have visited Islamabad and Muree at least and I for one am more interested in capturing natural beauty instead of taking pictures of people. So i'll start posting from tomorrow inshaAllah and i would like people to chip in.

I would say instead of posting pictures anyone can google, users should try to post pictures taken by themselves. I believe most of us must have visited Islamabad and Muree at least and I for one am more interested in capturing natural beauty instead of taking pictures of people. So i'll start posting from tomorrow inshaAllah and i would like people to chip in.

You are right but it's not easy to go all such places. Besides they are present all over the internet and here you can view all of them in at one place. Frankly i came to know about many of these places after viewing this thread. So in a sense it is a good introductory thread for even Pakistanis.

However your idea is not bad. Looking forward to you input.

Back
Top Bottom