What's new

Pakistan in Pictures

Krash doesnt one need some sort of training or somethin to climb these peaks? plus wats the overall cost of such an adventure?

191020071894.jpg

181020071782.jpg

19102007352.jpg

hunza.jpg

hunza1.JPG

hunza5.jpg

hunza2.jpg

hunza7.jpg

HUNZA

The first four pics are of Lower Kachura or Shangrila Lake (You can see the Shangrila lodge in the pics) Its about 1-2 hours ride away from Skardu. Realy beautiful place!

Sir could you please tell me the name of this mountain?

Amazing pictures !! I really liked style of trucks ... :D why are they colorful like that?
Its a trucking culture here to color the trucks like this. The truckers decorate their trucks in what ever way they can.

It will be useful for people (like me) who are going to visit Pakistan !! And thanks for these beautiful pictures !!

Do come sir you have un-imagined beauty waiting for you here, still untouched by man.

Krash doesnt one need some sort of training or somethin to climb these peaks? plus wats the overall cost of such an adventure?

Sir it absolutely does. Iv attempted Sling peak (5700meters) and Hom Broq peak (5900 meters). Both the times I was unsuccessful. The first time by 200 meters and the second time by about 900 meters. It was by far the most difficult thing I have ever attempted. I had trekked upto 4500+ meters 6 times before (supposedly an extensive experience) but going further than that is unbelievably difficult. Above 4000 meters something as simple a task as breathing becomes impossible. You cant even process your thoughts at around 5000 meters.

Now if we compare them with the 7000 meter peaks let alone K-2 (8611 meters) they are mere dwarves. The difficulty of the climb increases exponentially with each vertical meter. Climbing serious mountains takes years and years of training. Specially the ones we've got in our backyard. The peaks here rise more precipitously than anywhere else in the world (acclaimed by all the well known mountaineers out there). These mountains cannot be climbed by mere mortals.

But that said trust me you can still do allot without putting your life at peril. You can go trekking to more places than one can count, literally! The sadist thing is that our own people dont know about these places and instead they spend allot more money going to Switzerland etc. I guarantee you we have tons more than Switzerland has.

And sir the costs wary, majorly, with each and every trip. It all depends on where your going, what time of the year you are going, what you are going to do, how many people are going, who is your guide and how good are your negotiating skills :P But just to give you an example my university's adventure society took 13 of us (20 were supposed to go) to Barrah Broq (4300 meters) right up the mountain behind Barrah village (about a 4-5 hours drive from Skardu) on an 8 day trip this december. It cost us 15000 per person (exclusive of the expenditure on the gear and clothes). Each porter was payed Rs.500 per day and the guides were payed around Rs.1000. We had 10 porters and two guides for 5 days. But, again, this is a specific example.

Last edited:
Pakistani Nationalist I also forgot to tell you that last year I went to AHAS (army high altitude school) Rattu and the colonel there told us that they were soon going to start different courses their for civilians which included mountaineering, skiing, trekking, etc. And the cost too I remember was extremely low. I remember him telling me that the mountaineering course would be of arround 10-15 days in which they would train you and then take you up till 6000 meters! I'll inform here when ever these courses start.

The thin line dividing Pakistan

assassination-postevents-1.jpg

Pictured on top – People stand next to burning tyres holding banners and chanting slogans during a protest in support of Mumtaz Qadri, alleged killer of Punjab governor Salman Taseer, in Islamabad, Pakistan, Monday, Jan. 10, 2011.Pictured above – Christians gather in a Cathedral in Lahore on January 9, 2011, for special prayers for the late Punjab Governer Salman Taseer.

assassination-postevents-5.jpg

assassination-postevents-4.jpg

2_7277.JPG

ISLAMABAD: Jan19 – Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani, Federal Minister for Education & Information Technology Sardar Assef Ahmad Ali and others posing for a group photo during a ceremony organized by PTA to celebrate 100 Million Mobile Subscriptions in Pakistan.

thumb-amb_munter_11012001_320.jpg

U.S. Ambassador Cameron P. Munter, accompanied by his wife, Dr. Marilyn Wyatt, visited the Eidgah Shareef Shrine in Ralwalpindi and met with Pir Naqeeb ur Rehman, the Custodian of the Shrine. During their meeting, Ambassador Munter expressed appreciation for the messages of peace, harmony, and tolerance.

2_7317.JPG

ISLAMABAD: Women taking keen interest in the pieces of art displayed during the press preview of an exhibition at Nomad Art Gallery.

2_7292.JPG

PESHAWAR: January 19 - A person who sustained injuries after bomb blast at Nothia Jadeed being treated at Lady Reading Hospital.

20110119_19.jpg

Students cheer for their team during a netball match of Inter Collegiate Girls Netball Championship organised by the Lahore Board at the Queen Marry College. daily times

20110119_23.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Argentinean Ambassador Rodolfo J Martin visits National Martyrs’ Monument at Police Lines Headquarters to lay floral wreath as tribute to the martyred souls. app

Polo_pakistan.jpeg

The teams from the mountainous regions of Chitral and Gilgit meet annually to claim the crown of the “King of the Games”. The venue is the Shandur Pass; a beautiful natural stadium amidst the snowy peaks of the rugged mountains.

20110125_05.jpg

Lahore: A gridlock on the Canal Bank Road on Monday. daily times

Back
Top Bottom