What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

Stumps Day-2
Pak: 331/9 & leads by 204 runs.

really pakistan played very well........ :tup:

i thought that yousuf will get atlest to 70 till know match is 50 50 we know ausies from here on match is on who play welll gonna win the test i hope we will face dangerous aussies in 2nd innings we are 50 to 80 runs short we need to bowl well again keep getting wickets in regular intervals

We could have done better but Misbah failed yet again and Faisal Iqbal was not impressive either.

I hope that Yuosuf declares first thing in the morning as Kaneria and Asif are not going to add anything special so why not take advantage of bowling conditions in the morning.

One big surprice = 33 extras from Austrailia (15 in nb and wides)

This is almost 10% of the Pakistani total

On the other hand Pakistan gave only 5 extras, amazing what Pakistan can do on their day.

We could have done better but Misbah failed yet again and Faisal Iqbal was not impressive either.

I hope that Yuosuf declares first thing in the morning as Kaneria and Asif are not going to add anything special so why not take advantage of bowling conditions in the morning.

One big surprice = 33 extras from Austrailia (15 in nb and wides)

This is almost 10% of the Pakistani total

On the other hand Pakistan gave only 5 extras, amazing what Pakistan can do on their day.

Yes a golden opportunity to hand aussies an innings defeat has gone to waste, almost. People dont know whether to criticise or praise the performance of Pakistan's batting today. Whatever was achieved today, is being taken as bonus considering how poorly we often perform in test matches. Chasing even a modest 150 odd runs in the fourth innings can be a daunting task. Had we had one more proper test batsman, we might have gone on to bat the first two sessions of the third day.

I dont know how this Faisal Iqbal guy gets to survive in our test squad and even make up the final eleven (he is in place of younis khan). So often he has disappointed the team and fans.

Nonetheless, I am thankful of the 204 runs lead, now lets see if Aussies can collapse twice in one match.

All the best and yea prayers will help loads.:pakistan:

Last edited:
I dont know how this Faisal Iqbal guy gets to survive in our test squad and even make up the final eleven (he is in place of younis khan). So often he has disappointed the team and fans.
Faisal Iqbal is technically much more sound than Imran Farhat. Farhat comes forward to every delivery, and then moves back if it's short. He also shuffles across to the off-stump, which means that if someone can bowl quick enough, or bowl short and then york him, he's presenting a golden opportunity for an LBW. Farhat also doesn't watch the ball all the way, on many occasions he takes his eyes off the ball. Lastly, Farhat pre-meditates all his shots, like the one he got out to, which clearly shows why most of his boundaries are unconvincing edges or lofts. There are glaring holes in Imran Farhat's game, and they all have to do with technique. Even when he scores a half-century or a century, his inning is anything but confident. Every time Salman Butt scores big, he always exudes confidence, and confidence can be distributed down the order.

Faisal Iqbal, on the other hand, has the technique down, but he lacks confidence. He doesn't dispose of the bad deliveries, and he is very predictable in his strokeplay. However, if we stick with him, he will definitely come out big for us, he's got all the ingredients of being the next Younis Khan.

12.5 Umar Gul to Watson, SIX, dropped, short ball down the leg side and Watson pulls and goes straight through Kaneria at long leg and goes over the fence. The third umpire is checking whether it is a six or a boundary, it is a six, a loud cheer from the crowd.

How is Pakistan going to win?:hitwall:

What was the name of that left handed middle order batsman, Asim Kamal?
I do not clearly remember the name but he had excellent technique and concentration...much better than Faisal Iqbal.
For the opening Yasir Hameed was a very promising stroke maker and certainly much more talented than the Axeman Imran Farhat...

Both these batsmen should have been retained but it would not be PCB without showing inconsistent planning.

Imran Farhat is technically the worst opener in our history...even when he makes a century it seems full of ugly shots and many close calls.

Faisal Iqbal, on the other hand, has the technique down, but he lacks confidence. He doesn't dispose of the bad deliveries, and he is very predictable in his strokeplay. However, if we stick with him, he will definitely come out big for us, he's got all the ingredients of being the next Younis Khan.

Oh Bhai, that is precisely why i want him out...:lol:

Would have been better for Pakistan to persist with guys like Muhammad Waseem, Asim Kamal and Yasir Hameed.
One should back talent...Faisal is certainly better than Farhat but that is not saying much now is it?
:)

I think it is time we bring Afridi in the Test side permanently...he is a very shrewd cricketer, we should have retained him in the test side on long term, his overall skills would really make him a huge boost...better late than never i say.

What was the name of that left handed middle order batsman, Asim Kamal?
I do not clearly remember the name but he had excellent technique and concentration...much better than Faisal Iqbal.
For the opening Yasir Hameed was a very promising stroke maker and certainly much more talented than the Axeman Imran Farhat...

Both these batsmen should have been retained but it would not be PCB without showing inconsistent planning.

Imran Farhat is technically the worst opener in our history...even when he makes a century it seems full of ugly shots and many close calls.

yeah you are right, he is Asim Kamal. he only played 12 test matches.
Asim Kamal | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

and no doubt he is far better than Faisal Iqbal.

Back
Top Bottom