What's new

Pakistan have no Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma

Reaction score
Country
India
Former Pakistan captain, Mohammad Yousuf believes the national team is facing batting woes because of absence of any proper role model and blamed skipper Misbah-ul-Haq for the present problems in the side. Yousuf said sadly at present Pakistan didn't have any batsmen of the caliber present in Indian cricket these days. "We don't have any compact batsmen like Rohit Sharma or Virat Kohli simply because we have developed wrong role models for our new batsmen and that is now beginning to show," he said.

Yousuf, one of Pakistan's top batsmen, said he idolized greats like Javed Miandad and Inzamam but in the last few years Pakistani youngsters had started following the wrong role models.

"In India they have developed compact and quality batsmen because their youngsters followed proper role models. Plus their selectors and system recognizes and allows their young batsmen to develop and move forward with confidence. I don't think there is any favoritism or bias involved in their system," he added. Pakistan who lost the one-day series to South Africa by 1-4 on Monday after another batting collapse has been facing batting problems for the last few months. Yousuf also minced no words in attacking captain, Misbah-ul-Haq, blaming him for the present problems. "He is the wrong example for the other batsmen to follow because technically he himself is suspect against fast bowlers and doesn't have the range of strokes to come and bat higher up the order as captain to play the role of a motivational leader, neither does he have ability for big scores or to finish a match," Yousuf said. "Misbah has a strange batting technique and he is someone who consumes lot of balls to get going and is yet not capable of playing a impact innings. The selfish nature of his batting is now beginning to show in our other players," Yousuf said. "Our batsmen are now just not playing down the ground strokes and they get bogged down ... Misbah is also now scoring more runs in one day cricket because of the change in rules. "Misbah seeing the state of affairs in the team should have been batting at number three but he has refused to do so and as a result we are now seeing a generation of batsmen who are not technically correct and who are satisfied with just a half century or more. There is no one to play match winning innings like the Indian players have become used too." Yousuf also brushed aside suggestions that too much T20 cricket had spoilt the technique and mentality of Pakistani batsmen and cricket. "I don't agree with that. Are we playing more T20 cricket than India but they are still producing quality batsmen. They have batsmen fit for every format of the game. "Look at De Villiers today he batted in three different gears today because top players and captains set benchmarks for themselves and their team. Unfortunately our players and team is lacking in that," he said. Yousuf urged the board to appoint Inzamam as batting coach as he feels until Pakistan's batting woes were addressed the team would continue to struggle as it is doing at present. "I don't know whether we need a head coach but we definitely need a batting coach as soon as possible and there is no better person than Inzamam to do this," he said.

Read more at: Pakistan have no Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma: Mohammad Yousuf

No shit!

We have film industry promoting T-20 batsmen like Shahid Afridi then there is no hope for batting in this country.

We generate world class bowlers because of the rich history of Waseem, Imran, Waqar, Ajmal, Saqlain, Mushtaq.

Only if we promoted batsmen like Inzimam, Yousuf, Saeed Anwar, youth will want to play like them.

No kid wanted to be Inzimam cause he was fat.

i totally agree with Yousef, sadly gone are those days when batsman used to be selected based on their technique and ability to handle pressure, we got player like Razzaq sitting out who's batting avg is higher than the current all rounder playing in team... we got likes of Hafeez who had played number of games for Pakistan and is still having a batting avg of 28.... :hitwall:

The biggest problem is the kind of money Pakistani Players make... India players make a lot of money.. not only from Cricket but from other avenues as well.... so they see it as a viable career.. and families also go to a great length to support the players.... I guess thats' missing in Pakistan.

its time to drop this 'mafia' of players permanantly from the T-20 and one-day squads. give a chance to the new lads to perform, come what may so that they can hone and upgrade their skills required at the international level. stick with them win or lose. these new lads need the assurance and confidence that they will be in the team for the long run and you will see their performance improve.

get rid of the afridis, razzaqs, shoaibs, akmal brothers, wahab riaz,(idiot cant field for crying out loud)
azhar ali, shafiq are guys for tests only

The biggest problem is the kind of money Pakistani Players make... India players make a lot of money.. not only from Cricket but from other avenues as well.... so they see it as a viable career.. and families also go to a great length to support the players.... I guess thats' missing in Pakistan.
but they still make more than any average guy,dont they? :what:

i totally agree with Yousef, sadly gone are those days when batsman used to be selected based on their technique and ability to handle pressure, we got player like Razzaq sitting out who's batting avg is higher than the current all rounder playing in team... we got likes of Hafeez who had played number of games for Pakistan and is still having a batting avg of 28.... :hitwall:

Razzaq is better than both of these Indian clowns put together, but he has been sitting out due to politics from Hafiz.

Hafiz should be kicked off the team for sacrificing team performance for his greed to becoming named captain. 
its time to drop this 'mafia' of players permanantly from the T-20 and one-day squads. give a chance to the new lads to perform, come what may so that they can hone and upgrade their skills required at the international level. stick with them win or lose. these new lads need the assurance and confidence that they will be in the team for the long run and you will see their performance improve.

get rid of the afridis, razzaqs, shoaibs, akmal brothers, wahab riaz,(idiot cant field for crying out loud)
azhar ali, shafiq are guys for tests only

Listen sir. Razzaq is a world class player, who has not played forever, because of team politics by Hafeez. I feel that you mentioning his name with the rest of the trash is not justified.

Hafeez, Akmal, Shafiq, Afridi should all be done from ODI. But who will replace them?

Malik and Razzaq. Okay. :rofl:

Respect my friend respect...

I initiated this thread with intention for a genuine debate .. and for good of a game our countries love the most. ...

Razzaq is better than both of these Indian clowns put together, but he has been sitting out due to politics from Hafiz.

Hafiz should be kicked off the team for sacrificing team performance for his greed to becoming named captain. 

Listen sir. Razzaq is a world class player, who has not played forever, because of team politics by Hafeez. I feel that you mentioning his name with the rest of the trash is not justified.

can some one who is better than me on computer :D make a chart of all the top all rounders currentli in india and pakistan cricket teans with there number of matches played , batting avrage & world ranking ..Thanks in advance

i totally agree with you, i remember the last series we played against SA in Dubai and it was Razzaq who single-handedly helped Pakistan win the match, he is having high batting Avg is all forms was game compared to few in current team.. a combination of Old faces + new ones is what we need......

Respect my friend respect...

I initiated this thread with intention for a genuine debate .. and for good of a game our countries love the most. ...

Put nationality aside, and talk strictly cricket.

There are many good Indian players, but I don't have respect for any of them except Kapil Dev.

He was the only gentleman from India.

These Kohli Sholis might have talent, but none of them have class.

I can put Kapil in the same category as Imran Khan.

"We don't have any compact batsmen like Rohit Sharma or Virat Kohli simply because we have developed wrong role models for our new batsmen and that is now beginning to show," he said.

Pakistanis does not like Virat at all,

I went to see the match of S.A Vs Pak, the second ODI at Dubai Stadium where I saw a Pak guy in Pakistani jersey "Virat Kohli Ka Baap" written on it. lol. That too in the match fo SA VS PAK.!

Put nationality aside, and talk strictly cricket.
There are many good Indian players, but I don't have respect for any of them except Kapil Dev.
He was the only gentleman from India.
These Kohli Sholis might have talent, but none of them have class.
I can put Kapil in the same category as Imran Khan.
Just because you don't have respect for them... that does not mean they are not good...

Truth is that despite of political turmoil withing BCCI .. they have been able to nurture talent in Indian Cricket...something that PCB has failed to do...

Back
Top Bottom