What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

Just a query ...

Mi-35 is a sturdy, albeit old, gunship helicopter.
Is it better better than our Cobras?
I think it is better and offers much better protection and has better survivability.
From what I have read ... they will be very useful in counter terrorism operations and will prove better than our existing Cobras in a war with another country.
It may not be better than what the enemy operates ... but does it matter that much?
If gunships have a go against each other then it would matter ... but does that happen?
Isn't it how we put this platform to use (in our scheme of things) that counts?
you answered your questions yourself
valid reasoning.

wasn't turkey offering one? but first seriously what is wrong with you? everything that pakistan has is copied from others, so why are you getting so hyper at the mention of tot?

I am not sure you know what the word ToT means for a mentally and physically bankrupt country.

pakistan should buy our LUH, LCH and Dhruv.
no thanks
pehle khud to le lo
agr luh itna he acha hota to indian apache na lete

no i think usa will give surplus cobras from Afghanistan most probably ah-1w

Last edited:
Wow! I wonder what the topic has to do with India? You guys are really paranoid, dragging India even into the air you breathe! Made you look quite silly with this brain fart of yours! :tdown:

Looks you are frustrated more than surprised. Let me help you a little if you are prepared to learn.

India could spoil the deal by using its influence over Russia - do we agree? Look at the cautious attitude of Pakistan until few days ago and it refrained from commenting on the deal when Russia announced it. But this incident has asserted our need to take action against terrorists and helicopters are pivotal in the terrain where they operate. Thus our need is magnified and likelihood of India playing b! is reduced. got it?

I don't know that it is so easy to procure high tech weapons in just with in few days as has been cited in the above post. No mentioning of specifications, requirements, tender, user trails, ............................
If it is so kudos to Pakistani defense procurement policy! :pakistan:

used ones are being sent, most probably.

Looks you are frustrated more than surprised. Let me help you a little if you are prepared to learn.

India could spoil the deal by using its influence over Russia - do we agree? Look at the cautious attitude of Pakistan until few days ago and it refrained from commenting on the deal when Russia announced it. But this incident has asserted our need to take action against terrorists and helicopters are pivotal in the terrain where they operate. Thus our need is magnified and likelihood of India playing b! is reduced. got it?
russia already clarified that the above said deal is very initial stage, Like PAK send letter to Russia shown its interested in buying copter, after that many rounds will held , specifications, nego, price, timeline etc... its long process.

And you already buys copter.... wow man

So you mean this incident was a false flag operation to force the Russians to deliver the choppers for fighting the terrorists even if India whines? Now why didn't I think of that? Silly me!

mera chand,
even the ToT application with need technical know how, you and I cant just pick up the manual and become designers although all knowledge is there. and as you said when universities are lacking the knowledge output what would that ToT do? not to mention the crippling energy crises... so how long is the load shedding in your area?
this thread is about the possible Russian helicopter gunship deal so lets stay on that I will answer your well deserving questions on a dedicated thread I promise you.
So, how did we build submarines? Cruise missiles? Nuclear tech.?
I'll tell you because it was a matter of our existence, a helicopter is serious tech. indeed but serious than the one i mentioned just now, you gotta be kidding me. Unis. are not up to the mark i accept but some of our research institutes are like PIEAS and NUST are and believe me they are enough for our defence needs.
Having a thousand engineers or scientists does not help, managing them in proper teams and giving them adequate resources, giving them them freedom of innovation and doing mistakes does, source Lockheed Martin. One fundamental problem is that we do not take ideas seriously and poke fun at people because we think every body is lazy and stupid like us, also we ridicule to death anybody who does mistakes and give the project to somebody else thinking he'll do it better.

So you mean this incident was a false flag operation to force the Russians to deliver the choppers for fighting the terrorists even if India whines? Now why didn't I think of that? Silly me!

Definitely silly you when you fail to acknowledge Indian role in Russia, Pakistan equation. Why didn't you hear India when Pakistan was dealing on T-129 with Turkey or for Z-10 with China? Take it easy, this deal with Russia is not India eccentric as number procured will not be in 100s. We are talking of a squadron or perhaps half of it.

Things happen differently in Pakistan unlike India where your entire bureaucracy is involved and hence its very effective in procuring things and while maintainig secrecy.
Well, at least now this is no more a secret! The secrecy is only in few cases like this. This is a requirement which is Ad hoc in nature prompted by pressing need from Pakistani Army to fight the terrorists with these machine's.

Well, at least now this is no more a secret! The secrecy is only in few cases like this. This is a requirement which is Ad hoc in nature prompted by pressing need from Pakistani Army to fight the terrorists with these machine's.

Of course its no more a secret but when did you become aware of this going on and from that moment, measure the amount of time taken to finalize and place an order. You will understand just how quick our defense procurement process is.
You can also study Pakistan buying Jordian F-16s. This will give you the idea of what i am talking about.

Congrats to Pakistan! :pakistan:
Looks like Pakistan is gathering and placing all the required pieces before they can begin their <o.p>. I hope this one goes even more efficiently and successfully than the swat o.p.

Back
Top Bottom