What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

Well army already gave a 15 days deadline so makes sense to get the armoury ready.
This is not a new car. There are training and maintenance logistics issues that need to be handled. Don't you think so?

According to news going on live at Dawn TV, Pakistan has placed the order of Russian gunship helicopters. Which helicopters and what number of helicopters is not yet known. However, Mateen Haider has mentioned that ordered helicopters are of latest class.

According to report, helicopters will reach Pakistan in few days. That means they are to be used in war against terrorism and Indians wouldn't be able to make use of their tears.

Good news guys.. more news to follow.
That's really a grt news if it's true...hope they are mi/28 <3
but in no time order was placed and delivery is supposed to happen in few days? how is it possible!

but in no time order was placed and delivery is supposed to happen in few days? how is it possible!

Maybe out of few Russian stocks?? It's still not confirmed which version Pakistan has negotiated.

Possible if Russian would give of their existing stock. Number is not going to be huge and thus wouldn't hurt them by laying off about a dozen or so.

According to report, helicopters will reach Pakistan in few days. That means they are to be used in war against terrorism and Indians wouldn't be able to make use of their tears.
Wow! I wonder what the topic has to do with India? You guys are really paranoid, dragging India even into the air you breathe! Made you look quite silly with this brain fart of yours! :tdown:

wasn't turkey offering one? but first seriously what is wrong with you? everything that pakistan has is copied from others, so why are you getting so hyper at the mention of tot?
Yep they were, was a bit expensive though, but you can trust the machine.

Maybe out of few Russian stocks?? It's still not confirmed which version Pakistan has negotiated.
if they are mi/35/24...would we stick to only this platform for further purchase or this is just to fill gap! what say?

I request all readers to ban this word ToT in the posts
is not the chocolate cake recipe which someone is going to share with you.
you cant ToT everything in the world that you fancy.
Come on man i expect better from you, with our unis giving zero output towards research and no innovation in our defence sector what do you expect us to do?

The thing is that after a long time we are finally having defence relations with Russia. The deal has more effects then simple procurement of helicopters. This will start a good relations where we can start increasing our defence list from russia and perhaps one day ( a but far fetched but hey) build a joint weapon with them.

Come on man i expect better from you, with our unis giving zero output towards research and no innovation in our defence sector what do you expect us to do?
mera chand,

even the ToT application with need technical know how, you and I cant just pick up the manual and become designers although all knowledge is there. and as you said when universities are lacking the knowledge output what would that ToT do? not to mention the crippling energy crises... so how long is the load shedding in your area?

this thread is about the possible Russian helicopter gunship deal so lets stay on that I will answer your well deserving questions on a dedicated thread I promise you.

I think it is obvious Russia does not want to wait till all those uzbeks end up in Russia spreading terror. Tjhey will gladly provides us tools to stop them in Pakistan.

Arming our Mi-8 and Mi-17 Fleet is vital and effective in Operations against TTP.
some are done. recall the pictures of MG 1A3 on the sides of Huey's . but all cant / shouldnt be armed because their primary role is utility (transport, evac etc).

The thing is that after a long time we are finally having defence relations with Russia. The deal has more effects then simple procurement of helicopters. This will start a good relations where we can start increasing our defence list from russia and perhaps one day ( a but far fetched but hey) build a joint weapon with them.
thanks for a strategic view and not getting bogged down by specifics of a proposed deal.

Just a query ...

Mi-35 is a sturdy, albeit old, gunship helicopter.
Is it better better than our Cobras?
I think it is better and offers much better protection and has better survivability.
From what I have read ... they will be very useful in counter terrorism operations and will prove better than our existing Cobras in a war with another country.
It may not be better than what the enemy operates ... but does it matter that much?
If gunships have a go against each other then it would matter ... but does that happen?
Isn't it how we put this platform to use (in our scheme of things) that counts?

Back
Top Bottom