What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

Looks like pakistan is in a real hurry to buy these helis. I am more interested in why they need it in few days? And how many did they buy?

I don't know that it is so easy to procure high tech weapons in just with in few days as has been cited in the above post. No mentioning of specifications, requirements, tender, user trails, ............................
If it is so kudos to Pakistani defense procurement policy! :pakistan:

Exactly the same I thought, not in days but in month.
In case the tribals co-operate there won't even be a need for one....
They are the locals they know these people, they are either afraid of them or their supporters, hence have no right to claim collateral damage....
Golden rule of insurgency, it cannot boom without local support....

I don't know that it is so easy to procure high tech weapons in just with in few days as has been cited in the above post. No mentioning of specifications, requirements, tender, user trails, ............................
The secret recipe is to keep quiet and not make a fuss about it.....
I don't like the Russian attitude though, should have kept their mouths shut!

Most probably this is the plan-B which is being executed at the moment. Pakistan is interested in a join-venture or transfer of technology for which it has been evaluating multiple platforms.

My analysis is that Pakistan must had asked USA for the supply of Apache or similar class to act against terrorists which Americans wouldn't be prepared to supply and thus they would have suggested and devised a way for us. our need of helicopters is legitimate and so is USA's concerns for supplying top-notch tech to Pakistan (hint China). Thus this Russian deal is a perfect choice for USA, Pakistan and for Russia where Pakistan is fulfilling its need, USA not compromising its technology and Russia making some money, thus all sides are a winner. I think this number of supply would be around 12-16 Helicopters at best and will be fully funded by USA.

There is another good aspect to this deal that Pakistan would be able to break Taliban's notion of Pakistan assisting Americans in waging a war upon Islam. Well this wouldn't be the first reason for not buying from USA but this is nevertheless a positive aspect of this deal.

Last edited:
approval problem, delay etc in order to keep its apache sell on track
that doesnt apply dear
both irrelevant to each other (Russian Hinds purchase and Apache). Americans are not keen to sell them to us and we are not interested either we would go for Turkish ATAK T-129 instead for more complex roles not the Russian Havoc.

Mi-35 will serve us well for its duel role in the fight against the taliban

Things happen differently in Pakistan unlike India where your entire bureaucracy is involved and hence its very effective in procuring things and while maintainig secrecy.

According to news going on live at Dawn TV, Pakistan has placed the order of Russian gunship helicopters. Which helicopters and what number of helicopters is not yet known. However, Mateen Haider has mentioned that ordered helicopters are of latest class.

According to report, helicopters will reach Pakistan in few days. That means they are to be used in war against terrorism and Indians wouldn't be able to make use of their tears.

Good news guys.. more news to follow.

if this is true, then the helos are old or on lease.

Yes looks like they will be used ones but you don't place "order" for the items which you lease. you simply "lease" them when you do.

they will still hurt hurt the taliban physically and our eastern neighbors mentally

Yes looks like they will be used ones but you don't place "order" for the items which you lease. you simply "lease" them when you do.
our media is least informed in technicalities and facts when choosing the wording

Back
Top Bottom