What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

Just not to make more threads...

Expecting 25 JF17 block 2 to be sold to Myanmar with follow on order of 50. There is a very decent chance that this will be the first export for Pakistan in the magnitude of 600+ million USD. There is no official info but enough signs to be translated to...

There were such news of Egypt having serious interest in the plane but then those reports just fizzled out.

Just not to make more threads...

Expecting 25 JF17 block 2 to be sold to Myanmar with follow on order of 50. There is a very decent chance that this will be the first export for Pakistan in the magnitude of 600+ million USD. There is no official info but enough signs to be translated to...

If true, 75 JF-17s would be 1.8 billions making roughly 24 millions a piece. But Myanmar? what about Indian influence they have?

some are done. recall the pictures of MG 1A3 on the sides of Huey's . but all cant / shouldnt be armed because their primary role is utility (transport, evac etc).

thanks for a strategic view and not getting bogged down by specifics of a proposed deal.
Sir,a little query about your MI-17 fleet,can they be armed with the 9A4172Vikhr (At-16 Scallion)anti-tank missiles like their Indian counterparts(no intention of trolling sir,i am just a bit curious about your MI-17 fleet)??

Sir,a little query about your MI-17 fleet,can they be armed with the 9A4172Vikhr (At-16 Scallion)anti-tank missiles like their Indian counterparts(no intention of trolling sir,i am just a bit curious about your MI-17 fleet)??
valid question dear and please dont be defensive
its a valid question

as far as I am aware . I have not seen any evidence of arming them because gunship job is mainly done by dedicated cobras and to some extent by the Huey's with a side MG.

I am sure Mi 17s can be fitted with grenade launchers or Rocket pods. but we have not seen such need yet. although we did see something very strange ,. on one Mi17 picture there are like 3 tanks on the wings on either side.

with the purchase of Mi35s we wont be needing to modify Mi-17s because they are mainly for our troops and equipment transport.

valid question dear and please dont be defensive
its a valid question

as far as I am aware . I have not seen any evidence of arming them because gunship job is mainly done by dedicated cobras and to some extent by the Huey's with a side MG.

I am sure Mi 17s can be fitted with grenade launchers or Rocket pods. but we have not seen such need yet. although we did see something very strange ,. on one Mi17 picture there are like 3 tanks on the wings on either side.

with the purchase of Mi35s we wont be needing to modify Mi-17s because they are mainly for our troops and equipment transport.
Sir,thanks for the reply.Indian Air Force have a considerable no. of MI-17 in their arsenal and their war time doctrine is to arm these fleet with anti-tank missiles and rocket pods and use them for dual role i.e. as troop carriers and in anti-armor role in bulk (probably because we didn't have any dedicated gunships till the arrival of Dhruv "Rudra").So as your country has got a sizable fleet of MI-17 won't they serve your purpose in anti-armor role apart from using them as troop carriers considering the fact that India has got a large tank fleet.I do admit that with the arrival of the MI-35 Hind you'll have two different attack helicopters for anti armor role but still the MI-17 can pack a punch on its own.It will be like icing on the cake for the P.A.What's your take in this matter??

If true, 75 JF-17s would be 1.8 billions making roughly 24 millions a piece. But Myanmar? what about Indian influence they have?

Indian would probably offer LCA. That is a 4.5 generation and maybe they will offer LCA-2 that seems to be 6.0 according to Indian website... Seriously, It is not in the interest of India to stop it. Nobody takes them seriously and it would become even worser.

Sir,thanks for the reply.Indian Air Force have a considerable no. of MI-17 in their arsenal and their war time doctrine is to arm these fleet with anti-tank missiles and rocket pods and use them for dual role i.e. as troop carriers and in anti-armor role in bulk (probably because we didn't have any dedicated gunships till the arrival of Dhruv "Rudra").So as your country has got a sizable fleet of MI-17 won't they serve your purpose in anti-armor role apart from using them as troop carriers considering the fact that India has got a large tank fleet.I do admit that with the arrival of the MI-35 Hind you'll have two different attack helicopters for anti armor role but still the MI-17 can pack a punch on its own.It will be like icing on the cake for the P.A.What's your take in this matter??
Mi-17s are currently serving in COIN operations and we hope that India and Pakistan dont open up any hostilities because the terrorists will benefit and harm the citizens of both states

Mi-17s are currently serving in COIN operations and we hope that India and Pakistan dont open up any hostilities because the terrorists will benefit and harm the citizens of both states
Sir,i think you misunderstood me.I wasn't rooting for an Indo-Pak war in the near future,i was just asking about the Pakistan Army wartime doctrine regarding the usage of MI-17 in case of a full fledged war.I also don't want the two of our countries to fight each other unnecessarily as it will hurt us both economically and ultimately terrorists will be the biggest benefactor in this type of a conflict.Anyways i won't derail this thread further on,thanks again for those replies :-)

As per your OWN reminder...the discussion was "PAF getting attack helicopters....:confused:". Why are you trying to derail the thread???
I am so much on the American side that you can consider me Christopher Columbus part II. Hope this answers. Now if you cared to read my posts here, instead of just going all Indian emotional on me, you'd see that in one of the main posts, I've said it multiple times that personally, I'd like to see Super Cobras here in numbers. I'd ALSO like to see India buying jets from us instead of paying for the Rafale. But you guys are clearly not on the American side while we help you strengthen your country.......

Does anyone know how many MI's Pakistan is buying?

And it can smash a lot of tanks and leave them shmokay.......does the job. Wish Pakistan was getting Super Cobras or Apaches!
I wish the same my brother but I wouldn't engage the enemy with Super cobras or T-129. Mi-35 is the best thing to use against them as of right now.

I heard expected rumor that our mil transport choppers will receive upgrade soon to be armed.

220.jpg but then a lot of weapon instead of fuel... We just opened maintenance facility for Mil... That should be a hint how far the negotiations are...

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom