What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

That's not true. In fact the first combat use of these choppers that got them famous was the Afghanistan war. And people who know Afghanistan here, also know that its anything but flat. The places is a mountainous mess connecting the mountains to North Pakistan and then continue towards Kashmir and upwards towards China.
Second and again, if you read any of my posts, this is a tier II chopper as Pakistan is already discussing acquiring super Cobras or T-129 or higher end Z series. This is really a bomb or missile truck that has the crazy payload delivering capability into different war zones, specifically with the WOT torn Northern areas.
Also, majority of war theaters between India and Pakistan will be on flat surfaces. Kashmir is the only theater with mountains, etc. And India isn't really buying 500 Apaches either so majority of the war theaters from the India side will still have Hinds and other platforms supporting the ground forces.So useless objections.
Lastly, the IA is phasing these out as they've expired their life span and India has to buy some stuff from the US. This doesn't mean anyone else can't acquire these new ones, which will last for the next 15-20 or 30 years. There are many countries like Taiwan, Pakistan and UAE that are still acquiring F-16's, while others are phasing them out for other platforms like Euro fighters, or Rafale or JSF. Doesn't mean the F-16 platform has become "obsolete". Cray logic going around here like flu!!

Well.... When US decided to Phase out F-16 and replace it superior platform that F-16 live is life and its time to move on superior thing which can take of F-16 anytime.

India and Russia phase out Mi35 against superior platform and Mi-35 is not longer viable and it will be replaced by small , smart , quicker platform of similar capability.
those country accruing F-16 because they not getting another technology form US. like F-22 etc

Indians have shown their real insecurities and pathetic again, worst mentality. :disagree:

strange world these days.

Pakistan buys a russian helicopter and uses a russian engine to power Thunder

India uses a American engine in Tejas fighter and buys Apache helicopter and C17 globemasters.

its almost swop scenario

@Icarus don't you know difference between joke and insulting... lol give negative ratings to those who insulting others....

If you have a problem with my rating or feel that it was issued for a reason you deem unjustified, you are more than welcome to refer your case to the Administrators. Whenever I give a rating, I also take the past record into consideration to determine whether it is only me who finds a particular post in poor taste or if indeed the member has a history of making less than impressive posts.

On second thought, I think I'll reconsider anyway.

Well, if they start screaming like a little child not to deliver to Pakistan... If almost every poster here from India (or NRI) is screaming this or that... How would you call that? Normal behavior? Maybe for apes. Not humans.

Indian buys 100+ rafales... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys makhi... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys Poseidon... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys C130... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys latest Apache... Pakistani says nothing.

Sure we have corrupt and failed politicians but atleast we have pride.
Sir stop saying to Indians they will not stop crying when ever we would buy some weapon they are born to cry

That's not true. In fact the first combat use of these choppers that got them famous was the Afghanistan war. And people who know Afghanistan here, also know that its anything but flat.The places is a mountainous mess connecting the mountains to North Pakistan and then continue towards Kashmir and upwards towards China.

And that is precisely why Soviet VVS found it difficult to take off directly and launch attacks beyond 10,000 feet in altitude which was easily reachable from tree-tops for Taliban.

Second and again, if you read any of my posts, this is a tier II chopper as Pakistan is already discussing acquiring super Cobras or T-129 or higher end Z series. This is really a bomb or missile truck that has the crazy payload delivering capability into different war zones, specifically with the WOT torn Northern areas.

Hind!? Tier-2?? :woot:

Do you even know the Mi-35M variant is the latest modernized version compared to Mi-35 of the Soviet era?

It is the meanest machine available alongside AH-64, Ka-52 and Mi-28N gunships in the heavy attack helo category.

The firepower it can carry is more than any other gunship can (only Mi-28N can carry that load).

Tier-2, :rofl:.

Also, majority of war theaters between India and Pakistan will be on flat surfaces. Kashmir is the only theater with mountains, etc. And India isn't really buying 500 Apaches either so majority of the war theaters from the India side will still have Hinds and other platforms supporting the ground forces.So useless objections.

Our Hinds are from late 80s and early 90s, which are due to be retired due to their old technology and structural fatigue. Even if this hypothetical conflict takes place, a total of 60 AH-64s will support the conflict along with 180 LCHs (IAF: 65, Army: 115).
LCH is our primary gunship due to our two borders being mountainous.

Lastly, the IA is phasing these out as they've expired their life span and India has to buy some stuff from the US. This doesn't mean anyone else can't acquire these new ones, which will last for the next 15-20 or 30 years. There are many countries like Taiwan, Pakistan and UAE that are still acquiring F-16's, while others are phasing them out for other platforms like Euro fighters, or Rafale or JSF. Doesn't mean the F-16 platform has become "obsolete". Cray logic going around here like flu!!

You can buy anything you want of course. But the analysis that is going around here is based on the fact that your military wants to use this again TTP who are based out of high altitude mountains.

I think, Indians are very high expectations so that Russia will not do anything to sell to Pakistan but they realize they are idiots and shame that they insulted Russia to purchase Western equipments.

You can buy anything you want of course. But the analysis that is going around here is based on the fact that your military wants to use this again TTP who are based out of high altitude mountains.

The Hind is particularly suited for COIN Ops, it carries an entire section with their kit to site, can provide CAS to ground troops and evacuate casualties. The reinforced underside of the helo also make it exceptionally resistant to ground fire.

In short, its ideal for use against TTP in an LIC sit.

A
Hind!? Tier-2?? :woot:

Do you even know the Mi-35M variant is the latest modernized version compared to Mi-35 of the Soviet era?

YOU ARE RIGHT.
its not just your own Modernized" Hinds.. but anything from SU30s and to Mig 29s.. that is Indian is at par with space age technology and without that its just just old Soviet era junk of a lost empire.

I know you are right because on the other forums I read Indians saying that Malaysian, Vietnamese or any other country that was operating SU-30s.. were crap, junk and old rusty crap. anything that becomes Indian .. actually gets a remarkable transformation

If you have a problem with my rating or feel that it was issued for a reason you deem unjustified, you are more than welcome to refer your case to the Administrators. Whenever I give a rating, I also take the past record into consideration to determine whether it is only me who finds a particular post in poor taste or if indeed the member has a history of making less than impressive posts.

On second thought, I think I'll reconsider anyway.
neither I care about your rating ... my response depending upon others .... I will not take it easy when others insulting my country.... I pointed many times the deal is for anti narcotics trafficking terrorists. .. still many members from your side especially those two... quoting like we are furious and burning... so I take on them... I stated in lot posts.... These is used against Afghan terrorists etc... which is nothing but helping our investment in Afghan region... still those two talking arses burning peanuts so and so.. repeatedly... so I suggested them look at the mess in your country first ... ain't it... moreover he posted pic of money .. so I replied you could get lots gunship pics.... any how.. you give me 100 negative rating doesn't matter to me..

YOU ARE RIGHT.
its not just your own Modernized" Hinds.. but anything from SU30s and to Mig 29s.. that is Indian is at par with space age technology and without that its just just old Soviet era junk of a lost empire.

I know you are right because on the other forums I read Indians saying that Malaysian, Vietnamese or any other country that was operating SU-30s.. were crap, junk and old rusty crap. anything that becomes Indian .. actually gets a remarkable transformation

You really need to come out of your 'not India' mentality.

Russia has modernized its Mi-35 gunships to M standards. If you are so ignorant and childish like a hormone crazed teenager to not know something, then take the pains to at least learn before arguing.

Oh and just for that peanut brain of yours, we don't operate Mi-35Ms. Ours is the old Soviet variant which are being phased out.

how about Z-9?

z-9g.jpg

Z-9WA%2BAttack%2BPeople%252527s%2BLiberation%2BArmy%2Bpla%2Bplaaf%2Bairforce%2Bgunship%2Bhelicopter%2B%2525286%252529.jpg
A transport / rescue helicopter modified and has no value. Except launching few rocket it has no role.....any helo can be modified for this type of purpose...

It is the meanest machine available alongside AH-64, Ka-52 and Mi-28N gunships in the heavy attack helo category.
The firepower it can carry is more than any other gunship can (only Mi-28N can carry that load).
Tier-2, :rofl:.

I am sure readers are already seeing some as*s on fire. Your post definitely comes across as such. You repeatd pretty much everything I said about Hinds and about India acquiring AH-64's and War theaters. Not sure what "NEW" you brought to the table out side of wondering "Hind Tier 2"?
If you reread your countrymen, they all think Hind is obsolete. You JUST contradicted everyone. Why don't all Indians decide if Hind is obsolete or the meanest hi-tech among all as you suggested :) and let the world know as 1.3 billion people need to agree on something before all of us can agree with it???

Next, YES, Hind is a tier 2 Heli. No matter how much fire power it can take. It's avionics aren't that great (same reason y'all used Israel's avionics), it has some serious flaws in performance. BUT, for the capability that Pakistan is seeking and for a war that may be fought right on the border, it's flaws disappear.
But Super Cobras, T-129 or Z series will make up of the tier1 attack helos in Pakistan's case (unless the US gives them AH-64). Watch it for the next year or so if not sooner. These three birds are much faster, higher technology and multi-role than a Hind carrying twice the payload. That has its own advantages but it doesn't compete with the three I mentioned tech wise.

Well.... When US decided to Phase out F-16 and replace it superior platform that F-16 live is life and its time to move on superior thing which can take of F-16 anytime.

India and Russia phase out Mi35 against superior platform and Mi-35 is not longer viable and it will be replaced by small , smart , quicker platform of similar capability. those country accruing F-16 because they not getting another technology form US. like F-22 etc

1) The US always maintains a much higher tech military force. Countries like India, Pakistan, China and Russia and even Europe, if they try to match the US with 1 to 1, they'll go bankrupt if not flat out lose billions of dollars. So try not to compare the situation in India or Pakistan with what the US is doing as it has 0 relevance.

2) India is phasing out its Hinds because they've ended their shelf life. Not because its a crappy heli. AH-64 is a great capable platform if you are the US or NATO. But in India and Pakistan's case, I don't see how AH-64 has such tremendous advantage as the military doctrine, war theaters, supportive equipment are entirely different than how the US / NATO deploys the Apache. India is also buying the Apache helis as they kind of have to. They've ticked off a lot of senior US leadership folks by not buying the jets from the US (Rafale saga), when the US's pumped trillions in the Indian economy. Speaks volumes to the "Strategic Friendship"....you give one party trillions and they don't even buy a billion worth of jets, which is .0001 % of the money we put into their economy.

It seems like there are so many emotional fan boys that don't understand strategy and how a complete warfare machine works as a system like the US military. But yet, you guys look at two pictures and basic comparisons and start jumping to conclusions as to how one may be superior and the other platform is worth shi*t.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom