What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

Funny how Indian posters are obsessed with this pretty normal medium tech helicopter to be used (according to the seller) to stop drug transports... It either means Indians want not to stop drug transports or the fact that Indians are less dangerous then drug transports... For Indians we can use what we already have and for drug transports we need rugged attack helicopter. ;)
No , Indian is not obsessed , It was PAK who think its attempted a coupe and got world class technology from Russia and chest beating like it got super weapon.

India has not reason worry , as IAF ad RAF already phasing out these MI-24/35 from their Airforce for better ones.

No , Indian is not obsessed , It was PAK who think its attempted a coupe and got world class technology from Russia and chest beating like it got super weapon.

India has not reason worry , as IAF ad RAF already phasing out these MI-24/35 from their Airforce for better ones.

Well, if they start screaming like a little child not to deliver to Pakistan... If almost every poster here from India (or NRI) is screaming this or that... How would you call that? Normal behavior? Maybe for apes. Not humans.

Indian buys 100+ rafales... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys makhi... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys Poseidon... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys C130... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys latest Apache... Pakistani says nothing.

Sure we have corrupt and failed politicians but atleast we have pride.

Mi-35 is a gunship used in the skies of plain lands and horizontal terrain while T-129 is more flexible in high altitude. You're looking at it the other way around.

I am not sure about that. But the idea is simple. You need kalashnikov in a rugged terrain. Not something that has tons of electronics but jams when temperature raises... I agree that Apache is a superb heavy attack chopper but would you use that against terrorists? An in case of Pakistan. Would you trust Americans?

woot? ?? how you gonna pay for 200 gunship ??? lol....

money.jpg

I am not sure about that. But the idea is simple. You need kalashnikov in a rugged terrain. Not something that has tons of electronics but jams when temperature raises... I agree that Apache is a superb heavy attack chopper but would you use that against terrorists? An in case of Pakistan. Would you trust Americans?

The Apache IMHO was the biggest disaster we ever bought. It is truly a remarkable machine but comes with strings that UPA regime caused us. MI-28N was perfectly capable of taking care of our needs.

But Apaches will be used for anti-armour operations in the plains in case we have a serious war, but LCH will be our prime counter terror gunship.

Well, if they start screaming like a little child not to deliver to Pakistan... If almost every poster here from India (or NRI) is screaming this or that... How would you call that? Normal behavior? Maybe for apes. Not humans.

Indian buys 100+ rafales... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys makhi... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys Poseidon... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys C130... Pakistan says nothing.
India buys latest Apache... Pakistani says nothing.

Sure we have corrupt and failed politicians but atleast we have pride.
Sir ji,

India buy Rafales : PAK poster :- we should buy J-10 /J-11 in large number.
India build Nuke subs :- Pak started building nuclear sub,

Its not India , Its PAK follow "me too policy" What ever india get PAK keep on asking give to us also. Like Nuclear deal, or any organisation seat along with india.

All this you mentioned in not for PAK, its for china deployment weapons. PAK has limited influence on anything. When india get Nuke deal , PAK is first one asking "me too". Read what americans says, anything we deal with India , PAK start coming to us asking for same thing;)

Moreover Indian govt didn't said anything unlike PAK. Also Indian poster didn't claim that they got Super weapon and not with single plane shot down all planes and enemy worries .

This is all artificial myth created by PAK itself , moreover Indian is not worried ...at all.

Last edited:
The Apache IMHO was the biggest disaster we ever bought. It is truly a remarkable machine but comes with strings that UPA regime caused us. MI-28N was perfectly capable of taking care of our needs.

But Apaches will be used for anti-armour operations in the plains in case we have a serious war, but LCH will be our prime counter terror gunship.

If I was an Indian I would exactly say this. India does not need Apache (though it is superb to get hands on!). Better evolve Indian products. But then again, getting latest will raise Indian knowledge of latest and one way or the other it will get better inhouse products. Trust me. Wise move.

If I was an Indian I would exactly say this. India does not need Apache (though it is superb to get hands on!). Better evolve Indian products. But then again, getting latest will raise Indian knowledge of latest and one way or the other it will get better inhouse products. Trust me. Wise move.

Nope, US technology comes with seals , which US keep on coming to check seals ...... they don't want to share technology. LCH MK-11 will get better ... India is on the learning curve .india should buy LCH instead of Apache...

What are you trying to imply? Pakistan should just keep using its ageing Cobras?

Relations between U.S and Pakistan has reached all time low. I don't remember the last time we got anything from the U.S. Technically, the attack helis are needed to fight against terrorism. I really don't see any new equipment from the military aid we receive. More or less what we have now are what we received in the 80s and 90s... How long can we wait? Some where down the road, changes will have to be made. I believe these are the options left: MI-35, T-129, and WZ-10.
I Agree

I
I don't think Mi series are stealthy like Cobra not wise-tech but with dynamics/shape and maneuver, I think Mi is lacking. Also really big and easy to counter via rocket/hand launcher missiles.

Supra Cobra is the best option for PAA. Like we know that our relation with the US not going good so the better option is Turkish...
I hail your opinion

@Icarus don't you know difference between joke and insulting... lol give negative ratings to those who insulting others....

Mi-35 is a gunship used in the skies of plain lands and horizontal terrain while T-129 is more flexible in high altitude. You're looking at it the other way around.

That's not true. In fact the first combat use of these choppers that got them famous was the Afghanistan war. And people who know Afghanistan here, also know that its anything but flat. The places is a mountainous mess connecting the mountains to North Pakistan and then continue towards Kashmir and upwards towards China.
Second and again, if you read any of my posts, this is a tier II chopper as Pakistan is already discussing acquiring super Cobras or T-129 or higher end Z series. This is really a bomb or missile truck that has the crazy payload delivering capability into different war zones, specifically with the WOT torn Northern areas.
Also, majority of war theaters between India and Pakistan will be on flat surfaces. Kashmir is the only theater with mountains, etc. And India isn't really buying 500 Apaches either so majority of the war theaters from the India side will still have Hinds and other platforms supporting the ground forces.So useless objections.
Lastly, the IA is phasing these out as they've expired their life span and India has to buy some stuff from the US. This doesn't mean anyone else can't acquire these new ones, which will last for the next 15-20 or 30 years. There are many countries like Taiwan, Pakistan and UAE that are still acquiring F-16's, while others are phasing them out for other platforms like Euro fighters, or Rafale or JSF. Doesn't mean the F-16 platform has become "obsolete". Cray logic going around here like flu!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom