What's new

Pakistan has placed order of Russian Gunship Helicopters - Dawn

i have never jumped nor do I cry like whatever you think I do... As I said I think low of much of the russian stuff , let alone downgraded stuff they will sell you

congrats on using image pasting function?

russian aint gonna give you stuff for free

bhai using an image pasting function is like a big deal to you?- you guys congrats each other on this?- :lol:-
Russia is not giving us mi-35 for free- we buying it- eat that :D-

Serious questions: Is pakistan going for new ones or are they going to get them in fly-away state given the urgency?

Serious questions: Is pakistan going for new ones or are they going to get them in fly-away state given the urgency?

i dont know about that but i will love to see flying mi-35's taking part in soon to be launched Operations is Waziristan-

Buying Mi-35 in this day and age!:lol:
Mi-35 is obsolete (especially without the Israeli electronics that IAF version has) for attack helo role, it only makes for one attractive target for missiles.

There is so much miss-representations of facts here, its crazy. Just because Pakistan is buying MI's and the Indian members hate the fact. Here's a simple explanation. Long Bow's are the top end combat helis in the world. No doubt about it and good for India that she's getting some.

Hinds have their own niche and purpose. For aerial / rural / urban combat, Hinds can fly with insane amounts of firepower, in some cases, similar to or more than almost two choppers. That's a lot of firepower in ONE trip. Plus its cost effective in numbers. So for Pakistan's situation in the Northern part, this is ideal with quick availability. Also remember, the PAF or the PA can turn this into a troop carrying heli with lighter payloads after the mission ends in the North. These will get better avionics from China overtime, no doubt about it.

Next, the payload in Hinds is a lot. Frankly speaking, in anti-tank role, 16 anit-tank missiles being fired from a heli 5 or 7 miles away beats a many manpad, short distanced AAM system's ranges as well as AAA shells and still delivers a LOT of payload from distance. Can it lose to the Apache in a dog fight? Absolutely. Can both Apache and the Hind fire AAM's towards each other and get hit....Absolutely (as long as the AAM's being fired are good ones). Heli's, even with their protection, armor and speed are still slow moving platforms.

Last but not least, Hinds are the need of the hour for Pakistan. It'll become a supportive platform eventually for combat with troop transport capability with lighter payloads. The Pakistanis are making a smart move here. They need time to finalize their top tier choppers between Super Viper, Chinese Z's and T-129's of the world. Then there will be some (or long) wait to fulfill these orders. Hinds would easily make do till then and help with the WOT in the Northern areas. I'd personally like to see Super Cobras here instead of Hinds but that's because I am biased towards all American military products. But Hinds are not a bad choice at all for Pakistan's needs and requirements for a tier two chopper (temporary tier 1).

Most likely 200 choppers at least we had a acute shortage we need to make up for 200 choppers

It was a pleasure reading some old posts about this.

Why does PA need Longbow to attack cave rats? Mi-35 will do a better job for PA because it is low cost, decent armament, and durability.
PA may still may acquire T-129 for eastern front. So Mi-35 and T-129 will be a great combo for PA.

Mi-35 is a gunship used in the skies of plain lands and horizontal terrain while T-129 is more flexible in high altitude. You're looking at it the other way around.

Funny how Indian posters are obsessed with this pretty normal medium tech helicopter to be used (according to the seller) to stop drug transports... It either means Indians want not to stop drug transports or the fact that Indians are less dangerous then drug transports... For Indians we can use what we already have and for drug transports we need rugged attack helicopter. ;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom