What's new

Pakistan has failed when it comes to trade with China

China is just using us.
Simple as that. We have the potential to be better.
Instead of providing them with our resources we can utilize them but the problem here is we have a corrupt government and a corrupt army.

When did China exploit Pakistan? There are only two countries in the world who have stood with Pakistan through thick and thin. And China is one of them. And please do expand on your point how Pakistan will not benefit from CPEC? What industries do we actually have that will go under because of the Chinese products? Our successive governments have already destroyed what little industry we had. Through CPEC, our basic infrastructure is being developed, while also addressing the energy needs. Infrastructure and Energy dependency are the two most important facets for a developing economy like Pakistan. Once there is adequate infrastructure and the means to support it, local industries will no doubt spring up.

dont combine CPEC and FTA CPEC might be good for pakistan but free trade agreement will kill any industry in pakistan. You guys should promote CPEC but dont sign FTA unless u do research on it main goal of CPEC to china is to develop industry in west province and export it through gwador port yes it has a strategic angle also but that is a different story

We need to go exactly opposite direction what Britain has taken. while brexit is story of day in Europe, we should be looking for an economic and defence union with china...

When did China exploit Pakistan? There are only two countries in the world who have stood with Pakistan through thick and thin. And China is one of them. And please do expand on your point how Pakistan will not benefit from CPEC? What industries do we actually have that will go under because of the Chinese products? Our successive governments have already destroyed what little industry we had. Through CPEC, our basic infrastructure is being developed, while also addressing the energy needs. Infrastructure and Energy dependency are the two most important facets for a developing economy like Pakistan. Once there is adequate infrastructure and the means to support it, local industries will no doubt spring up.
meh.i agree with what you said.

We need to go exactly opposite direction what Britain has taken. while brexit is story of day in Europe, we should be looking for an economic and defence union with china...
Defence union with china means giving up kashmir.thats good for us,we will have an agreement with china like we have right now.

i will be happy if we marge pakistan with china and give our country to them

it is for someone who did not want to live under Hindus
yeah i know china has better government better security better services and better everything pakistan have so why not ? we are here to live a good life not for blood tears bullets corruption and torture .if i have choice to live i will live in china not pakistan . all this nationalism is BS propaganda .
you can immigrate to USA or Canada. life is good !!!

What the ! A sane voice in this forum that too from other side of the border !
That is what Chinese do. They come with smiling faces and dump their second quality products which they have been doing for decades. They need consumers for their surplus products. I am not linking the India-Pak-China angle here but just stating what the Chinese do all over the world.

If you could produce by yourself,you could have the option of not buying.Chinese enterprises don't force you to buy.You should know that.

China is just using us.
Simple as that. We have the potential to be better.
Instead of providing them with our resources we can utilize them but the problem here is we have a corrupt government and a corrupt army.

Country is sold to china after CPEC,

sigh!

I disagree. China never used and exploited Pakistan. They are our most finest and closest buddy along with Turkey....They are well wisher of Pakistan and we trust them. We will definitely learn a lot from China. Very interesting times ahead for us....:-)

Agreed with rest of comment.

I didn't get it. Can you please elaborate what is in your mind?

I disagree, you have very unrealistic views, countries DO use each other and act according to their national interest ( china has every right to do so), they are only taking advantage of pakistans location, once CPEC is done whatever is left of pakistan's local industries will bear the brunt. goodday.

Last edited:
Chinese is using Pakistan?It is the most ridiculous statement and I think some person is undermining the relationship between China and Pakistan.
What we need mostly is from market?It is not Cash but Confidence.It is like stock market.Once the investor has faith in this market,they will set up the plan to invest.For example,when Modi became the prime minister in the beginning,the India market is better immediately?Their high-tech industry is enhancing immediately?But why their foreign investment is more and more?The investors believed the government will transform and will give more favorable policy to the investors.Though a lot of policies is still on the paper.The protectionism is not improved a lot.But it is hard to impede the fast development.
Back to the topic about CPEC,it is a big feast and Pakistan and Chinese are the partners.We should show our confidence,power,capacity and vitality to other nations.When you want to make more money,you should resolve your infrastructure which could help you to reduce the production cost and improve the living condition,when you want to have more investors,you should show them our strongpoints like manpower,industry,environment and favorable policy.
Once the environment and policy is optimized,the investors will take initiative in finding us.We don't need to taunt us worldwide.
Some Indian members has been defaming Chinese products with low quality.I think you are cowards.If you have the capacity to buy high-quality goods,there are a lot.I have an Indian customer who buy a machine from China with 108,000USD,Indian customs will charge 27% as tarrif,but most of this machine in India is still imported from China in a large quantity.Don't always defame,just work hard and produce by yourself.Chinese product has been defaming,but Chinese product has been taking the market.When you want to buy high-quality product,you should feel your wallet,confirm if you could afford or you should have the capacity to produce by yourself.Or else shut up or don't use.Nobody is forcing you to buy.You should weigh your level of industrialization.China becomes better by working hard but speaking loud.

When corrupt politicians want family business to flourish & with zero commission on such trades, these bastards don't care.

We should have developed our own industry and ports and kept China out of Pakistan soil. But we could still be allies.

We should have developed our own industry and ports and kept China out of Pakistan soil. But we could still be allies.

Any nation needs foreign investment no matter it is Pakistan,India,China and EU.Keep open minded to foreign investment and it is a good way to learn because they bring morden management and technology into Pakistan.China is mainly helping Pakistan to build dam,power plant,bridge and road.If Pakistan could resolve those,Pakistan government won't cooperate with China.China is helping Pakistan to be more stable and bringing confidence.For sure that it is win win situation.
China was impoverished ever and we develop fast by openning the gate,not get in the way.Thousands of Japan,Korea,USA and EU companies is in China by the mode of joint venture and solo proprietorship.They help us to train millions of proficient technicians and workers and some of those run their own company to beef up the development of small busines which play the important role of employment.
Recently I heared of too many noise about CPEC,if Pakistan has no faith,how could China be?Don't ask your competitor laugh behind and miss the chance.Pakistan is Chinese brotherly neighbour and don't think too much.
You should understand one thing JF-17 is the most successful case and more and more win-win case would be implicated.

Trade with China is usually one sided story for almost every country because of the cost differential and scale at which Chinese companies operate... but that is slowly changing.. Pakistan needs to cease its moment and xploit Chinese trade connections to pull its economy out of doldrums. Pakistani labor is cheaper than Chinese.. its the other input costs that make Pakistani products less competitive...

Back
Top Bottom