What's new

Pakistan has deployed FN-6 MANPADS on western border with Afghanistan

MZ-PDF

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has has recently deployed Chinese 3rd Gen FN-6 MANPADS on Western Border with Afghanistan.

FN-6 uses IR homing guidance system.

Max range: 5.5km

Missile: uses 9K32 missile.

FN-6 is battle proven and has successfully shot down several rotary and fix wing aircrafts during Syrian war.

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

When did we get FN-6 .
and why aren't we using our locally produced anza is there a reason for off the shelf purchase.

Pakistan already had FN-6, deployed just recently.

FN-6 has a range of 5.5km, while Anza MK-III has a max range of 5km.

It’s firing unit is 9K38.

Okay good. I don't see Pakistan shooting down US drones any time soon but we can all pray

Pakistan can definitely bring down drones via PAF and SAMs. It is Government’s job to give the PAF and Army the green signal.

Plus, almost all the drone strikes in Pakistani territory are carried out from Afghan Air space.

It has already been upgraded like 2 times.

Anza MK-I( 1000 produced )

Anza MK-II( 1650 produced )

Anza KM-III( number produced unknown )
Anza MK-III range should be enhanced by adding more powerful and compact motors. We also need to develop a medium and longer range air defence systems.

Anza MK-III range should be enhanced by adding more powerful and compact motors. We also need to develop a medium and longer range air defence systems.

Yes, but what I believe is that Anza MK III is doing fine, considering the fact that it’s range has been improved by 5 km over the previous one, improved sensors, new firing unit which is similar to the Russian 9K38 IGLA (MANPADS), All-aspect attack capability, improved ECCM capability and It also has a vehicle-mounted launcher variant.

Because we have our heads up our asses. Anza was a great initiative and must have been further developed but our leadership lacks the vision...
Anza has 3 variants !

Anza MK II itself has over 5km range;

F64D9590-2A4E-4D1E-9B7E-BA5B1C4A2D1D.jpeg
58A22D0A-B9BB-4BBB-A001-EE2DB556A98E.jpeg

The MANPAD in picture isn’t FN-6!

But Anza MKIII.

Yes, but what I believe is that Anza MK III is doing fine, considering the fact that it’s range has been improved by 5 km over the previous one, improved sensors, new firing unit which is similar to the Russian 9K38 IGLA (MANPADS), All-aspect attack capability, improved ECCM capability and It also has a vehicle-mounted launcher variant.
Really? Anza II has the range that you are boasting about.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/paki...stem_technical_data_sheet_specifications.html

Pakistan can definitely bring down drones via PAF and SAMs. It is Government’s job to give the PAF and Army the green signal.
Pfft as if the military listens to the government.

Plus, almost all the drone strikes in Pakistani territory are carried out from Afghan Air space.
Yeah I've heard that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom