What's new

Pakistan has been offered the Chinese 4th generation J-11 (SU27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't like the J10, and the FC20 is only reality on paper, unless I'm mistaken. There are gaps in the wishlist!!!

Superb two para analysis mate.

Speaking strategically "Cold Start" is geared towards crippling Pakistan's warfighting and operational capabilities-not eliminating the country as a going concern.

In theory, yes. But it all depends on the intensity, duration and tempo of the conflict. These variables cannot in normal peacetime conditions be calcuted. There is also an unspoken truth that Pakistan cannot "win" a full fledged conflict with India. At best both countries would lie in a smouldering nuclear ruin.

So what does 5-6 Erieye platforms or Y-8 mean to the warfighter? Or to the policymaker given warning of Indian mobilisation +72hrs and FCR +48hrs?

Unless you are prepared to intitiate pre-emptive strike or interdiction without a doubt that hostile intent is intended you will be left at an immense strategic disadvantage a la' Poland, 1939 as the weaker party facing a stronger adversary.

For the record the Erieye is purely an AEW(C) platform offering limited C2BM as opposed to a pure AWACs platform such as the E3. Of the Y-8 I am unsure as yet.
what is 'COLD START' doctrine of IAF

In theory, yes. But it all depends on the intensity, duration and tempo of the conflict. These variables cannot in normal peacetime conditions be calcuted. There is also an unspoken truth that Pakistan cannot "win" a full fledged conflict with India. At best both countries would lie in a smouldering nuclear ruin.

This is your opinion and i strongly differ from that.

Unless you are prepared to intitiate pre-emptive strike or interdiction without a doubt that hostile intent is intended you will be left at an immense strategic disadvantage a la' Poland, 1939 as the weaker party facing a stronger adversary.

As far as the pre-emptive strikes are concerned, well they certainly are not out of the context and history proves it.

For the record the Erieye is purely an AEW(C) platform offering limited C2BM as opposed to a pure AWACs platform such as the E3. Of the Y-8 I am unsure as yet.

I think enough debate is done on this particular issue about it being an AWAC or AEW and the intended role it will serve in the PAF. Murad posts can be checked in this regard. I dont think i need to go any further into its details in this particular thread.

there is no mention of the J-11 in the interview given by PAF-ACM to AFM and DAWN. so why do we keep on harping on this subject.
The FC-20 is still a works-in-progress but at least the PAF has finalised its requirements for this platform - they just need to be approved and then the negotiations with the suppliers will start but not before 2010 in my opinion.

there is no mention of the J-11 in the interview given by PAF-ACM to AFM and DAWN. so why do we keep on harping on this subject.
The FC-20 is still a works-in-progress but at least the PAF has finalised its requirements for this platform - they just need to be approved and then the negotiations with the suppliers will start but not before 2010 in my opinion.

Well i hope we decide to get it if it really has been offered to us?

Did PAF have it currently or this youtube video is just a promo ?

Last edited:
No its just a Chinesse AF video on j-11 sir!

its 100% posible we get this bird if usa make any drama in f-16 deal

i sure hope so Imran sir lets face it we would need it if the drama comes !!!

i sure hope so Imran sir lets face it we would need it if the drama comes !!!

now they know very well world in 80s and world in 2008 is difrent

this not time for west or east block its trade time every one needs to sale there pruducts.only usa is on state who have these kind of drama seen billl go congress bill go to presedent bill go to house BS and bill some times go to hell.whole world now thirsty of dollers give money and take what ever you need:cheers:

now they know very well world in 80s and world in 2008 is difrent

this not time for west or east block its trade time every one needs to sale there pruducts.only usa is on state who have these kind of drama seen billl go congress bill go to presedent bill go to house BS and bill some times go to hell.whole world now thirsty of dollers give money and take what ever you need:cheers:

i guss, we shouldnt waste our time even thinking of IRON EAGLE, we have enough of these brids, we have to move forward, the chances are that OBAMMA been elected as new president of USA .
OBAMMA sitting in white house, i dont see a single screw been send to pakistan in any way.
it would be better we should give up, our hopes for more of these brids, it would be better to have 60 of J-11 s in PAF inventry with modifications.
as soon as posible?:tup::agree::azn:

i guss, we shouldnt waste our time even thinking of IRON EAGLE, we have enough of these brids, we have to move forward, the chances are that OBAMMA been elected as new president of USA .
OBAMMA sitting in white house, i dont see a single screw been send to pakistan in any way.
it would be better we should give up, our hopes for more of these brids, it would be better to have 60 of J-11 s in PAF inventry with modifications.
as soon as posible?:tup::agree::azn:

man you know very well person wich is out of white hous and inside white house think much difrent when he inter he know very well whats pkistan is he just now want to happy his doners.whats OBAMA or SHUBAMA we seen much more like this birds.you will see who can't he stop parts to pakistan after a breefing from CIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom