What's new

Pakistan has been offered the Chinese 4th generation J-11 (SU27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Su-33 is like Mig-29K. Both are carrier-based fighters and both are derived from land-based fighters with obviously various modifications.

Sukhoi Su-33 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Sukhoi Su-33 (NATO reporting name 'Flanker-D') is carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft produced by Russian firm Sukhoi beginning in 1982. It is a derivative of the Su-27 'Flanker' and was initially known as the Su-27K. The main difference from the Su-27 is that the Su-33 can operate from aircraft carriers. Unlike the Su-27, the Su-33 is capable of aerial refueling".

(What I like about Wikipedia is its perhaps best for quick info, in 1 minute)

Su-33 is mostly compared to F-14, meaning that its a carrier-capable fighter.

See another link,
Sukhoi Su-33
oops sorry, my mistake.

Guy's how offical is this news does anyone know our its just a up in the air type thing ? and if so if we are offered this aircraft should we get some? your views please:coffee:

Guy's how offical is this news does anyone know our its just a up in the air type thing ? and if so if we are offered this aircraft should we get some? your views please:coffee:

PN has a plan to induct one squadron of multi role combat aircraft in its limited fixed wing fleet, and considering low prise tag of J-11 and Chinese upgrading plan for J-11 to Su-33 sea flanker i think J-11 is not a bad choice for PN.

suppose if it has been offered, it would be pretty complicated to induct 3 different weapons platforms into the PAF simultaneously. i personally think all PAF efforts and focus is on the induction of the JF-17 Thunder whilst negotiations / discussions are ongoing about the purchase of the F-20. PAF will first ensure that the JF-17 project comes on-line before diverting energies on the F-20. dont forget the PAF is already involved in the F-16 MLU program which is underway and preparing to induct the F-16C/D blk 52s. there is at the moment no official indications on the offer of the J-11. so the order of induction, time-frames and strength could be.

1. F-16MLU - 2008-10 - 60 (with chances of additional EDA stocks - 18)
2. JF-17 - 2008-14 - 150 (1st contract quantities)(2nd contract qtys - 100)
3. F-16C/D blk 52 - 2009-10 - 18
4. F-20 - 2011 - 38
5. J-11 (maybe) - 2013 - ?

suppose if it has been offered, it would be pretty complicated to induct 3 different weapons platforms into the PAF simultaneously. i personally think all PAF efforts and focus is on the induction of the JF-17 Thunder whilst negotiations / discussions are ongoing about the purchase of the F-20. PAF will first ensure that the JF-17 project comes on-line before diverting energies on the F-20. dont forget the PAF is already involved in the F-16 MLU program which is underway and preparing to induct the F-16C/D blk 52s. there is at the moment no official indications on the offer of the J-11. so the order of induction, time-frames and strength could be.

1. F-16MLU - 2008-10 - 60 (with chances of additional EDA stocks - 18)
2. JF-17 - 2008-14 - 150 (1st contract quantities)(2nd contract qtys - 100)
3. F-16C/D blk 52 - 2009-10 - 18
4. F-20 - 2011 - 38
5. J-11 (maybe) - 2013 - ?

Interesting outline Fatman - a possible 400 fighter fleet and the additional 5 AEW&C and possible Sino-Pak AWACS by 2015 - 2020.

A very potent one at that, if the upgrades on the JF-17 and developments on the FC-20, and some related weapons systems remain on track.

China will always behind Pakistan. Indians will be quite upset if PAF get J-11.

any official statement do u guys have that china offered pak these jets

China will always behind Pakistan. Indians will be quite upset if PAF get J-11.

Well India gets upset even if Pakistan decides to buy a needle from anywhere around the world.:lol:

Well India gets upset even if Pakistan decides to buy a needle from anywhere around the world.:lol:

Not if the needle is used to sew clothes and not to needle the Kashmiris. :cheers:

Guys i usually go on Wikipedia website for stuff research etc anyhow so i also check upon Pakistan Airforce there as well for updates . Today i saw the section in there for future plans for PAF and saw the wish list which includes 120-Shenyang J-11 B on the wish list so i guess something is in works it might be old news to some but thought i share it it wasnt there a few days ago!! i hope we get them soon.:pakistan::yahoo:

Guys i usually go on Wikipedia website for stuff research etc anyhow so i also check upon Pakistan Airforce there as well for updates . Today i saw the section in there for future plans for PAF and saw the wish list which includes 120-Shenyang J-11 B on the wish list so i guess something is in works it might be old news to some but thought i share it it wasnt there a few days ago!! i hope we get them soon.:pakistan::yahoo:

Right that means its probably not true.

Wikipedia articles can be edited by anyone and in the Pakistan armed forces section people tend to add wishlists which 120 J11s probably is.

:lol: easy boy.. wakopedia is not a official website... and plus the number is not realistic..

ALRIGHT BOY GOT IT BOY!! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom