What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

Hope we get some good news regarding our attack helicopter procurement very soon. It is more than overdue at this point.

Concerning the fact that the J-10CE has been unveiled and delivered ... any news concerning the Pakistan Army Z-10ME deal?
Maybe Chinese are still working on the things PA wants them to be improved? those things can take time right?

Just a refresher, but the PAA's attack helicopter requirements are 2-fold:

1. a durable platform for anti-armor ops in our desert environments

2. a lighter platform for high-altitude ops

Back in 2015, the PAA chose the AH-1Z and T129 for requirements #1 and #2, respectively. In looking at the Z-10ME's main optimizations, it seems that it would go for requirement #1.

The interesting thing however is whether the PAA will fold requirement 2 into the Z-10ME too. In other words, use one helicopter type instead of two.

Just a refresher, but the PAA's attack helicopter requirements are 2-fold:

1. a durable platform for anti-armor ops in our desert environments

2. a lighter platform for high-altitude ops

Back in 2015, the PAA chose the AH-1Z and T129 for requirements #1 and #2, respectively. In looking at the Z-10ME's main optimizations, it seems that it would go for requirement #1.

The interesting thing however is whether the PAA will fold requirement 2 into the Z-10ME too. In other words, use one helicopter type instead of two.
That essentially means 40-50 helicopters. We are still interested in Atak II, what role would it play then?

That essentially means 40-50 helicopters. We are still interested in Atak II, what role would it play then?
I suspect it'd be for the high-altitude requirement (albeit as a heavier platform than the originally sought T129).

The PAA's attack helicopter fleet requirement was around 60 in the late 1980s. I don't know if it has gone up since then, but there's a case for it as a quick response asset to Cold Start-type maneuvers. OTOH, armed drones such as Shahpar-2 and TB2 may have offset the capability gap, so we're back to around 60.

:blink: Western suppliers are not reliable during a conflict. Pakistan will stick with MENA, China or local production for defense needs going forward.
But we have very good experience with European as well as American helicopters.

But we have very good experience with European as well as American helicopters.
But not when supply and spares cannot be easily secure and guarantee. World is keep evolving, Pakistan need to adapt to changing environment and cannot keep living in past or so called track record.

Boeing used to be a very safe and world class aviation company. Nobody can believe they can put a lemon B737 Max into market for sake of profit. European and American used to have very high standard of products but they will decline too and so as their product as world is keep evolving with rising China.

https://twitter.com/ForumStrategic
@ForumStrategic

Update on Z-10ME For the first time a Z-10 was seen carrying a mast-mounted radar as shown on this updated Z-10ME. Visible upgraded features are as follows
~ MAWS.
~ Upgraded IFF.
~ DIRCM.

1648601445846.png

https://twitter.com/ForumStrategic
@ForumStrategic

Update on Z-10ME For the first time a Z-10 was seen carrying a mast-mounted radar as shown on this updated Z-10ME. Visible upgraded features are as follows
~ MAWS.
~ Upgraded IFF.
~ DIRCM.

View attachment 828545

Engine is upgraded, I guess.

Very well, Z-10 Longbow

Powerplant:
AH-64A
2 × General Electric T700-GE-701 turboshaft engines, 1,690 shp (1,260 kW) each

AH-64D
upgraded to 1,890 shp (1,409 kW) T700-GE-701C

AH-64D engine increased 11.8% power for longbow.

Last edited:
Engine is upgraded, I guess.

Very well, Z-10 Longbow

Powerplant:
AH-64A
2 × General Electric T700-GE-701 turboshaft engines, 1,690 shp (1,260 kW) each

AH-64D
upgraded to 1,890 shp (1,409 kW) T700-GE-701C

AH-64D engine increased 11.8% power for longbow.
Z-10M already had an engine upgrade over Z-10K and Z-10ME already had a further engine upgrade over Z-10M, so they might not have needed to change the engines again.

:blink: Western suppliers are not reliable during a conflict. Pakistan will stick with MENA, China or local production for defense needs going forward.
The war in Ukraine has shown the the assets seizure of wealthy Russians by the west is nothing but piracy. They all gang up together and this is worrying for countries like Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom