What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Its just a model at an defence exhibition.

LM guys may be trying their latest missiles in the show and they put it on the F-16 model which had Pakistan flag as the show was in Pakistan. I bet the same model without the flag would have been used in another country.

Marketing techniques. The model doesn't means we have bought them or are gonna get them soon.

i guess the above post by tamimkhan explains it all. the model by no means assure that we are getting the AIM9X especially when it is claimed by officials that we are going to get Aim9M!!

i hope you are clear now!

regards!

Please any one tell me how many total number of aircrafts PAF is currently operating.
f-16s
mirage
f-7
c-130
please tell.........

Please any one tell me how many total number of aircrafts PAF is currently operating.
f-16s
mirage
f-7
c-130
please tell.........

F16 43 plus the newly arriving blk52z
mirage III-----------121 (ROSE I)
mirage V------------60 (ROSE II and ROSE III)
F-7------------------192 out of these 42 anr F-7P
C-130---------------18

these are not exact numbers and can differ by plus minus four to five planes.
you might Google this list and you can find them every where on net!!
these are the thing that you should try to search for yourself on net as it is then that you might come accross a lot of other intresting information!!
i hope you understand!!

regards!

are we getting JHMCS and also plz tell what is the range od AIM 9x or M ?

Well yeah JHMCS is coming with Blk 52s and the range of M series is somewhere 18Km and for the X model somewhere above 35+KM slated.

What about the MLU kits that we are getting, do we have JHMCS included in those for the planes undergoing MLU?

What about the MLU kits that we are getting, do we have JHMCS included in those for the planes undergoing MLU?

Item 3: F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits - $1.3 billion

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 60 F-16A/B Mid-Life Update (MLU) modification and Falcon Star Structural Service Life Enhancement kits consisting of:

* APG-68(V)9 with Synthetic Aperture Radar or the APG-66(V)2 radar;
* Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS);
* AN/APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Systems;
* AN/ALE-47 Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser Systems;
* Have Quick I/II Radios;
* Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals (MIDS-LVT);
* SNIPER (formerly known as AN/AAQ-33 PANTERA) targeting pod capability;
* Reconnaissance pod capability;
* Advanced Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation Units (for training);

Well if they are gonna go to Blk 52 standard, the JHMCS would be able to work with them, it depends if PAF orders them and the US gives them.

One question in my mind: Is there going to be any Significant structural changes to the air frame ie Dorsal spine or possible CFT's ??

One question in my mind: Is there going to be any Significant structural changes to the air frame ie Dorsal spine or possible CFT's ??

Not sure about CFTs, but in the MLUs there would be no dorsal spine as per my read so far. Normal body design with some structural upgrades, but the electronically a lot of things rather nearly fully would be changed.

Back
Top Bottom