What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

pakistan is getting aim-9m not aim-9x.....
we should have gone for aim-9x cos r-73/74 archer is way better than aim-9m...
pakistan is getting 200 aim-9m

buddy i posted that picture b/c that f16 model of PAf is fitted with AIM-9x.......i wan to know y?:what:
i know very well that PAF is getting Aim-9m not x.well take a look at that pic again.

MKM has many new technologies included on request of Malaysian Air force, similar to what India did with MKI, either way, point is that you cannot call MKI the ultimate SU-30 variant when MKM is around.
Block 52s will come with CFTs which is a standard fit for all advanced blk 52 configuration.
As I said, the MKM is a MKI without the Israeli techs! They replaced most of it with French techs, the only techs that the MKI don't has yet, are the MAWS and LWS, but that won't equalise the advantage on the Israeli EWS right? It is definitely the closest MK version, but technically the MKI will remain the best, especially after the upg.

However, I know that the B52s will get CFTs, but are there any new news about what CFTs it will be? The normal, or the new one with retractable refueling probe, that are on offer in MMRCA too. Would be a good addition for PAFs new B52s and they wouldn't need a special tanker anymore.

5bc7c1c15a74bb71a5d197435260cd10.jpg

Just a pic of a F-16 i though you guys would enjoy!

APG68v9 radar used in PAF F-16 blk 50/52+

9ece3b4c9b5a34ebc6e0c7eb991f588f.jpg

The APG68v9 radar can simultaneously track upto four targets and boasts a synthetic aperture radar (SAR) processing capabilities. In addition, the radar also has auto-calibration capabilities and interactive interference filtering. The so-called auto-calibration capability means that the radar could be the aircraft inertial navigation systems for continuous automated calibration; while the interaction interference filter is to make band radio frequency interference to a minimum, thereby significantly improve the radar anti-jamming capability.

http://military.ouhua.info/warhistory/2010/02/24/1210158_6.html

pakistan is getting aim-9m not aim-9x.....
we should have gone for aim-9x cos r-73/74 archer is way better than aim-9m...
pakistan is getting 200 aim-9m

whatever it would be it is bound to come by mid of this year,,
hopefull it does!!

regards!

buddy i posted that picture b/c that f16 model of PAf is fitted with AIM-9x.......i wan to know y?:what:
i know very well that PAF is getting Aim-9m not x.well take a look at that pic again.

dear i was also 1st confused after watching that pic but reality is that we are getting m not the x....

the AIM9X is a great leap forward to the aim9m that we will be getting. Considering that if we really are US best frined and strong ally we must have tried for AIM9X indeed.
here is some description from not so authentic source, that is, wikipedia but trust me it is fine enough when it comes to such less detiled description of systems. i mean no one bothers to edit such harmless info....;) :lol: so here you go!!

AIM9M
The M model has improved capability against infrared countermeasures, enhanced background discrimination capability, and a reduced-smoke rocket motor. These modifications increase its ability to locate and lock-on to a target and decrease the missile's chances for detection. Deliveries of the initial AIM-9M-1 began in 1982. The only changes from the AIM-9L to the AIM-9M were related to the Guidance Control Section (GCS). Several models were introduced in pairs with even numbers designating Navy versions and odd for USAF: AIM-9M-2/3, AIM-9M-4/5, and AIM-9M-6/7 which was rushed to the Persian Gulf area during Desert Shield to address specific threats expected to be present. The AIM-9M-8/9 incorporated replacement of five circuit cards and the related parentboard to update infrared counter counter measures (IRCCM) capability to improve 9M capability against the latest threat IRCM. The first AIM-9M-8/9 modifications, fielded in 1995, involved deskinning the guidance section and substitution of circuit cards at the depot level, which is labor intensive and expensive—as well as removing missiles from inventory during the upgrade period. The AIM-9X concept is to use reprogrammable software to permit upgrades without disassembly.
388e1eb3a0eaf7676c027ccfaca0a6cc.jpg

regards!

AIM9X
After looking at advanced short range missile designs during the AIM portion of the ACEVAL/AIMVAL Joint Test and Evaluation at Nellis AFB in the 1974-78 timeframe, the Air Force and Navy agreed on the need for the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile AMRAAM. But agreement over development of an Advanced Short Range Air-to-Air Missile ASRAAM was problematic and disagreement between the Air Force and Navy over design concepts (Air Force had developed AIM-82 and Navy had flight-tested Agile and flown it in AIMVAL). Congress eventually insisted the services work on a Joint effort and AIM-9M became the result thereby compromising without exploring the improved off boresight and kinematic capability potential offered by Agile. In 1985, the Soviet Union did field a SRM (AA-11 Archer/R-73) that was very similar to Agile. At that point, the Soviet Union took the lead in SRM technology and correspondingly fielded improved IRCM to defeat or reduce the effectiveness of the latest Sidewinders. As relations improved in the aftermath of the Soviet Union, the West became aware of how potent both the AA-11 and IRCM were and SRM requirements were readdressed.
For a brief period in the late '80s, an ASRAAM effort led by a European consortium was in play under a MOA with the United States in which AMRAAM development would be led by the US and ASRAAM by the Europeans. The UK working with the aft end of the ASRAAM and Germany developing the seeker (Germany had first hand experience improving the Sidewinder seeker of the AIM-9J/AIM-9F). By 1990, technical and funding issues had stymied ASRAAM and the problem appeared stalled so in light of the threat of AA-11 and improved IRCM, the US embarked on determining requirements for AIM-9X as a counter to both the AA-11 and improving the IRCCM features. The first draft of the requirement was ready by 1991 and the primary competitors were Raytheon and Hughes. Later, the UK resolved to revive the ASRAAM development and selected Hughes to provide the seeker technology in the form of a high off-boresight capable Focal Plane Array. However, the UK did not choose to improve the turning kinematic capability of ASRAAM to compete with AA-11. As part of the AIM-9X program the US conducted a foreign cooperative test of the ASRAAM seeker to evaluate its potential and an advanced version featuring improved kinematics was proposed as part of the AIM-9X competition. In the end, the Hughes evolved Sidewinder design featuring virtually the same seeker as used by ASRAAM was selected as the winner.

what is more imortant is that:

The AIM-9X Sidewinder, developed by Raytheon engineers, entered service in November 2003 with the USAF (lead platform is the F-15C; the USN lead platform is the F/A-18C) and is a substantial upgrade to the Sidewinder family featuring an imaging infrared focal plane array (FPA) seeker with claimed 90° off-boresight capability, compatibility with helmet-mounted displays such as the new U.S. Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System, and a totally new three-dimensional thrust-vectoring control (TVC) system providing increased turn capability over traditional control surfaces. Utilizing the JHMCS, a pilot can control the AIM-9X missile by simply looking at a target, thereby increasing air combat effectiveness. It retains the same rocket motor, fuze and warhead of the "Mike," but its lower drag gives it improved range and speed. AIM-9X also includes an internal cooling system eliminating the need for use of nitrogen bottles (U.S. Navy and Marines) in the launch rail or argon internal bottle (USAF). It also features an electronic safe and arm device similar to the AMRAAM allowing reduction in minimum range and reprogrammable InfraRed Counter Counter Measures (IRCCM) capability that coupled with the FPA provide improved look down into clutter and performance against the latest IRCM. Though not part of the original requirement, AIM-9X has demonstrated a Lock on After Launch capability, allowing for possible internal use for the F-35, F-22 Raptor and even in a submarine launched configuration for use against ASW platforms. Combined with the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System this delivers combined kill ratios exceeding 50:1 against nonhigh-off-boresight equipped fighters.

As of September 2008, Raytheon has delivered 3,000 AIM-9X missiles to the armed services and has begun testing the Block II version of the missile.The Block II adds lock on after launch and a datalink so the missile can be launched first and then directed to its target afterwards by an aircraft with the proper equipment for 360 degree engagements, such as the F-35 and F-22.

also there are some more important advantage, like:
China Lake experimented with Sidewinder in the air-to-ground mode including use as an anti-tank weapon. Starting from 2008, the AIM-9X demonstrated its ability as a successful light air to ground missile.

so i could not guess why the US are not supporting there closest ally??

regards!

Last edited:
so i could not guess why the US are not supporting there closest ally??

The AIM 9-X has not been produced in large enough numbers yet is my guess. After the U.S. NATO countries would get priority. The missile is an effective deterrent though to the Su-30. It negates the Su-30 thrust vectoring ability to a certain extent.

some people are not getting the point...watch this picture of f16 model of PAF.

PAF f16 blk-52 model fitted with AIM-9X :what:
aim-120 at wing tip and next to it is aim-9x.can any body explain..?
DSC02842.JPG

c618e14388846466fea6c4bd59fc468e.jpg

Its just a model at an defence exhibition.

LM guys may be trying their latest missiles in the show and they put it on the F-16 model which had Pakistan flag as the show was in Pakistan. I bet the same model without the flag would have been used in another country.

Marketing techniques. The model doesn't means we have bought them or are gonna get them soon.

Back
Top Bottom