What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The first line was for the person who posted this on social networking sites, as I have seen this earlier, corrected the mistakes, but the person apparently did not correct his mistakes. :)

thanks for correction but i post this because i want to know that we didn't have JHMCS up till but there is something different?

Poor reporting. Sorry, I blame the one who initially posted this from the source you got.
It is a F-16C in the first picture and F-16D in the latter(Not C/D as people generally tend to write it that way) with CFT (Not CTF).
It was carrying a AIM-120C5, AIM-9M, GBU-31 (JDAM) and another 500KG laser-guided munition, I cannot recall.

The helmet, HMD, is not 'JHMDS' it is 'JHMCS' standing for 'Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System'.
:)

i know it is CFT and JHMCS but i didn't notice because i'm surprised by JHMCS!!

Pakistan doesn't even have a ZDK-03. ;)
Pakistan didn't have any AIM-120. ;)

Hope you get what I mean. :)

SORRY i did not get it elaborate a bit...

249620-Pakistan-Air-Force-In-Izmir-Air-Show-Turkey--255657-119649744787893-115677641851770-168954-1079048-n.jpg

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will receive 18 F-16 block 52 aircraft from Lockheed Martin later this month as part of a foreign military sale (FMS) of 36 F-16C/D block 50/52 aircraft announced in June 2005.

Under the US-Pakistan F-16 programme, Lockheed was awarded a contract for 12 F-16C and six F-16D block 52 aircraft in December 2006. The delivery comes at a time when military aid for Pakistan has been almost completely halted by the US in the wake of a series of crises affecting the bilateral relationship between the two nations.

Date: Jan 21, 2012.
Source: Asia Defence News.

We are getting more sources and more concrete to confirm that 36 F-16s are present at Shahbaz Base.
Still, no official word yet. I did see F-16s flying for 3 continuous nights, from 17 Jan, but it was out of context as I saw them over Lahore, not Jacobabad.

Hi Guys!

I notice that The Pakistani F-16A/B use a slightly different color compared to standard F-16's colors( H305, H306, H307 & H308 in gunze paint code).

What is the fs number for this color perhap in Gunze paint code? Or it's just my eyes?
some pictures are
111img0876.jpg

11f1628iz.jpg

ae03.jpg

Hi Guys!

I notice that The Pakistani F-16A/B use a slightly different color compared to standard F-16's colors( H305, H306, H307 & H308 in gunze paint code).

What is the fs number for this color perhap in Gunze paint code? Or it's just my eyes?
some pictures are

atleast americans have allowed us to use paint scheme of our own choice;)

At times I do get the impression that people at defence.pk are a lot smarter than the ones sitting at the air headquarters. Perhaps we should include some from this forum in the next negotiations for a fighter deal. Then we shall see how quickly we close the deal and what we actually get.
EVERY MEMBER THINK THAT HE HAVE MIND BUT PERSON IN AIRFORCE CHOOSES WRONG
THEY NEVER THOUGH THAT THEY ARE BEST

EVERY MEMBER THINK THAT HE HAVE MIND BUT PERSON IN AIRFORCE CHOOSES WRONG
THEY NEVER THOUGH THAT THEY ARE BEST
Yes Bro - They should listen to smart people here - They should get rid of F-16's and buy modern Khota Garis to fight India...
You people keep repeating same JF chinese bs again and again.Jf-17's wont stand a chance against SU30's.Why don't you people just understand this point?F-16's are essential for defence against SU30.What other jets you think Pakistan could field?JF-17 - Won't be able to fight alone - Rafale and Eurofight Pakistan could not afford.So without F-16's Pakistan would have been BVR-LESS and deprived of the most potent BVR Missile ( AIM 120).

Using Block specific naming convention for F-16s sometimes confuses the subtle differences between one same block range (F-16 variants)(case being F-16 C/D Block 50/52/Plus) – Most probably this has already been posted in the forum but it becomes hard to navigate through 100s upon hundreds of Posts and threads to find what one is looking for, so I thought would be nice to share what is my understanding in the differentiating between the Variations of F-16 Block 50, 52 and 52+
Obviously there has to be a reason for calling one Block 50 another Block 52 and yet another Block 52+.

F-16C/D Block 50 and 52

The aircraft are equipped with improved GPS/INS, and the aircraft can carry a further batch of advanced missiles: the AGM-88 HARM missile, JDAM, JSOW and WCMD.
Carries a APG-68(V9) radar,
Power plant wise difference is that a Block 50 aircraft would carry the F110-GE-129 engine while the Block 52 jet would use the F100-PW-229.

F-16C/D Block 52 Plus

This variant, which is also known as the Block 52+. Its main differences are the addition of support for conformal fuel tanks (CFTs), a dorsal spine compartment on F-16 D 52+, the APG-68(V9) radar, an On-Board Oxygen Generation (OBOGS) system and a JHMCS helmet.
All two-seat "Plus" aircraft have the enlarged avionics dorsal spine compartment. The dorsal fairing was designed, mocked up, fabricated and installed during regular routine assembly while these aircraft were on the production line in Fort Worth. The dorsal spine is believed to accommodate Wild Weasel equipment (amongst others Elisra's SPS-3000 self-protection jammer) for Israeli F-16s, which detects emissions from enemy radar sites and pinpoints their locations, and specialized weapon delivery systems, such as 'smart bombs' guided using the back seat's side stick for control. Israeli Air force only confirms that it has various electronic systems (think they did not confirm Wild Weasel equipment).

The Block 52 Plus is a version which has special provisions for the adverse weather delivery of the Boeing JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition). The update includes an add-on tail unit containing a synthetic aperture radar, providing guidance to 1,000lbs Mk.83, 2,000lbs Mk.84 and the 2,000lbs BLU-109 warhead.
F-16 52 Plus is also powered by F100-PW-229.

Content references :
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article9.html
Cheil Ha'avir Israel Defense Force/Air Force - IDF/AF

Without the Block 52s and MLU F-16s, Pakistan won't have the lead in the region in BVR technology.
AIM-120C is better than the BVR missiles India uses. Without those, our chances are minimized.

JF-17 is getting mature so is J-10B. It will take time for them to be as capable as the F-16 and get better variants of SD-10 and better BVR capability. We cannot wait for that day to come, likely to be after three years. F-16s are essential. 14 more F-16Cs are heading to Pakistan in December 2012 making the total Block 52s to be around 50. (18+18+14).

With these and MLU updates, PAF gets a might over Su-30s in BVR technology and would allow more time for JF-17 and J-10B to get mature and enter service in large numbers, including setting up two other production lines of JF-17 as planned.

Back
Top Bottom