What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1684737405218.png

how the hell we got F16 number upto 111 ?

FwqrYg0WYAE5N5b

View attachment 930923

how the hell we got F16 number upto 111 ?

FwqrYg0WYAE5N5b
Wrong data for a number of countries. Pakistan, UAE and Bahrain Viper numbers are not at all close to what they have in that picture.

The original plan was to have 111 F-16s for PAF from Peace Gates I, II, III and IV with 40 between I and II followed by 71 between III and IV.

Pakistan Air Force carries out regular air to air refueling training with TurAF and USAF tankers. The reason remains absence of a Flying Boom compatible Tanker in PAF. PAF IL-78 is integrated with Probe-Drogue Refueling Systems which is compatible with JF-17, J-10 and Mirages.
FwtM5ZsaAAEHN7o

77 is the number I recall for Pakistan currently.

Had all the Peacegate deals gone through, then we were projected to have 111 F-16s in service.

77 is the number I recall for Pakistan currently.

Had all the Peacegate deals gone through, then we were projected to have 111 F-16s in service.
110 F-16A/Bs. But in the 1990s, ACM Pervaiz Mehdi Qureishi indicated to Flight International that the PAF would've started negotiations for an additional 50 or so F-16s (likely Block-32 or 42 as those were the variants available in the mid-1990s). So, by the mid-2000s the PAF would've had 150 F-16s (with 10 more as attrition reserves).

Basically, the PAF was going all in on the F-16 (just like many other countries, e.g., Turkiye, Greece, Egypt, etc). It was supposed to be the workhorse of the PAF fleet as the go-to multirole fighter. The F-7P and Mirages would've stayed to take on niche roles, but I'd wager they would've also been gone by the 2005.

Ironically, I think having the F-16s as the workhorse (i.e., 160 units) would've opened the pathway for the PAF to induct the JH-7A as its dedicated strike fighter. The amount of flexibility from having an excellent multirole fighter provides a lot of space for specialized assets.

That said, the 'dream team' combo was the F-16 and A-7 in the multirole and attack roles, respectively.

110 F-16A/Bs. But in the 1990s, ACM Pervaiz Mehdi Qureishi indicated to Flight International that the PAF would've started negotiations for an additional 50 or so F-16s (likely Block-32 or 42 as those were the variants available in the mid-1990s). So, by the mid-2000s the PAF would've had 150 F-16s (with 10 more as attrition reserves).

Basically, the PAF was going all in on the F-16 (just like many other countries, e.g., Turkiye, Greece, Egypt, etc). It was supposed to be the workhorse of the PAF fleet as the go-to multirole fighter. The F-7P and Mirages would've stayed to take on niche roles, but I'd wager they would've also been gone by the 2005.

Ironically, I think having the F-16s as the workhorse (i.e., 160 units) would've opened the pathway for the PAF to induct the JH-7A as its dedicated strike fighter. The amount of flexibility from having an excellent multirole fighter provides a lot of space for specialized assets.

That said, the 'dream team' combo was the F-16 and A-7 in the multirole and attack roles, respectively.
Alas, the best laid plans of mice and men...

what if Pakistan sells its F16's to Ukraine?
Only way that happens is if Pakistan gets guaranteed replacement fighters that are as good or better than the F-16.

Pakistan is okay with selling/trading light arms and ammo, but F-16s are a no-go.

The F-16 continues to be Pakistan's main front line fighter aircraft. It already has a very limited amount, no way Pakistan gives them up for mere promises.

Hi,

Billu beta---did you happen to smoke what I used to---o_O

Back
Top Bottom