What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Just another day at office for Flt Lt Eisha at Anatolian Eagle 2023 in Konya . She is the first ever operational female F-16 pilot of Pakistan Air Force
Fvw8sQkaQAApdIK
Seeing her rank/seniority, I wonder if she's one of those pilots who were trained on No.19's F-16s right out of FCU.

IIRC, ACM Sohail Aman said he was trying to get younger pilots onto the F-16 via No.19 OCU. So, the guys/gals on No.19 can be as junior as Flying Officer.

Overall, I felt the PAF was moving towards permanency in fighter postings. Basically, after FCU, you're assigned to the 'F-16 track' or 'JF-17 track' or 'J-10 track' and, from there, you spend the bulk of your career on that fighter. In some cases, like the fact that you're given a custom-built HMD/S for the J-10 and JF-17 Block-3 (and, IMO, eventually Block-2), it makes sense to have you stick to one type. You also build a lot of familiarity with that jet over the long-term and, potentially, can be called upon much later on to provide training.

Seeing her rank/seniority, I wonder if she's one of those pilots who were trained on No.19's F-16s right out of FCU.

IIRC, ACM Sohail Aman said he was trying to get younger pilots onto the F-16 via No.19 OCU. So, the guys/gals on No.19 can be as junior as Flying Officer.

Overall, I felt the PAF was moving towards permanency in fighter postings. Basically, after FCU, you're assigned to the 'F-16 track' or 'JF-17 track' or 'J-10 track' and, from there, you spend the bulk of your career on that fighter. In some cases, like the fact that you're given a custom-built HMD/S for the J-10 and JF-17 Block-3 (and, IMO, eventually Block-2), it makes sense to have you stick to one type. You also build a lot of familiarity with that jet over the long-term and, potentially, can be called upon much later on to provide training.
Hi,

I thought that the Paf was weaning itself out of female pilots in combat aircraft due to " total non commitment " ---.

Recent graphic from Turkish Defence Industry shows potential of F-16 ÖZGÜR with Turkish Weapons and the capabilities they will bring, Thanks to indigenous avionics which will replace USA Systems. PAF's JF-17 also enjoyed same versatility due to its indigenous mission computers.
FwZvdROaEAE3kyc

Back
Top Bottom