What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

FmG2K86aMAA8b0F

The first batch that landed in Saudi Arab were initially refused by the PAF as it was found that they were incorporating a less capable radar, the aircraft remained there until they were fitted with the APG-68.

no.

There was no social media back in those days, remember reading it in the Jang newspaper something to the effect that F-16s are stranded in KSA as PAF is refusing to accept them due to them having less capable radar than the standard one. Some aviation magazine also said that first transatlantic experience for a few PAF pilots as some of them flew as GIBS from Fort Worth.

—---——---------------------------------------
PAF F-16 C/D Block-52 Vipers, formating on a USAF KC-135 Stratotanker for refueling during the Red Flag Exercise.

View attachment 910459

no.

You did not read anything in Jang akhbaar. You were not born in 1981.

APG-68 achieved IoC in 1981. USAF Block 25's were the first ones to get it.

Highly doubtful. Things can change within a decade
Perhaps but I think it is unlikely

We got these aircraft under very special circumstances and then additional ones with upgrades came during the Afghanistan debacle. Now with things being focused on countering China and our close relationship her, and US out of Afghanistan. What's the likelihood more special circumstances arise?

They probably do not want Pakistan leaking newer tech information to the Chinese or even just leaking tactical information on how to utilise certain tech in the most effective manner.

Something tells me these might be our final US origin fighter aircraft

Will these be Pakistan's version of Iran's F-14s 🤔

Most likely, One of the major reasons that JF-17 became reality were US sanctions on F-16s (pressler ammendment) during the 1990s. Now when its block 3 has arrived and even more when PAF has aquired J-10Cs all knowing that US is not dependable. Secondly, even if US allows some stuff that comes with lot of conditions & monitoring - basically taking away your sovereignty. I think PAF will be happy to maintain existing fleet.
However, it may not match Iran's F-14 story as those were left completely unchecked / unsupported by americans while PAF's fleet is getting continuous support.

Highly doubtful. Things can change within a decade

While things can change, but things will have to drastically change. Some serious strategic shift by the americans would be needed. Which we don't see at the moment. Today, India has monumental influence over US. The special defence agreements, QUAD and likes. Plus a very strong lobby in US politics, the tech sector, the indian decent politicians, businessman something which Pakistan cannot compete. Super unlikely that US would displease india and send more US made planes to Pakistan. I don't see it happening at all in foreseeable future. I see the Block-52s as last of most latest US made fighter jets in PAF inventory atleast in our lifetime.

Most likely, One of the major reasons that JF-17 became reality were US sanctions on F-16s (pressler ammendment) during the 1990s. Now when its block 3 has arrived and even more when PAF has aquired J-10Cs all knowing that US is not dependable. Secondly, even if US allows some stuff that comes with lot of conditions & monitoring - basically taking away your sovereignty. I think PAF will be happy to maintain existing fleet.
However, it may not match Iran's F-14 story as those were left completely unchecked / unsupported by americans while PAF's fleet is getting continuous support.

While things can change, but things will have to drastically change. Some serious strategic shift by the americans would be needed. Which we don't see at the moment. Today, India has monumental influence over US. The special defence agreements, QUAD and likes. Plus a very strong lobby in US politics, the tech sector, the indian decent politicians, businessman something which Pakistan cannot compete. Super unlikely that US would displease india and send more US made planes to Pakistan. I don't see it happening at all in foreseeable future. I see the Block-52s as last of most latest US made fighter jets in PAF inventory atleast in our lifetime.
I still think PAF will get additional F-16s down the line, but its not just fighter aircraft. We just acquired from C-130s with US nod. Very likely will get special mission aircraft, and potentially helis down the road too. Pakistan is in no position to cut off from the US, and the Americans will keep us engaged just enough.

Back
Top Bottom