What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I am not sure how this could have happened (if we are talking about the very first F-16s) because the same initial pilots that went to train on the F-16s ferried our blk-15s back. Unless you are suggesting the USAF ferried them to KSA and then our pilots flew them back to Sargodha. Don't recall that to be the case.
GD & USAF pilots ferried the aircraft to Saudi Arabia. A few days later PAF pilots flew them to Pakistan, KSA stop was also significant as they had financed most of the deal. My dad was part of the group that arranged the arrival ceremony at Sargodha, and then was part of the first cadre of Flight Lieutenants to convert on the Viper. According to him, the arrangement was done between PAF & USAF as part of the FMS deal to have the handover at Saudi Arabia.

As always you seem too sure of yourself... And you are not.
I may have got the radar designation wrong but it certainly was reported as one of the issue for the delay.
You may have been a maternity nurse at some point but you certainly don't know when I was born and even if I was born in 1981, that would have made me less than two year old at the time... unable to read anything let alone The Jang. So your judgement like all else is blank... However I did read the news in the Jang. Maybe it was in 80s or was it an archive... I leave you to ponder on that. As I said, I may have got the Radar type wrong however it's never late for you to learn either.

@SQ8 I guess some schooling is required.
He was part of the group at PAC Kamra in making sure PAF have JF-17 Block IIs. And as per a very recent conversation, soon to be a professional full-time defence consultant.

His feedback is welcome, as is yours. No harm in getting some corrections.

Last edited:
Its just history ... no point fighting over it.
Here PG1 were the 6 aircraft that were re-routed from USAF order and later retrofitted with ALR-69 and changes to the ANG-66 radar to bring them to the same standard as PG2 aircraft in 84.

1674275802010.png

GD & USAF pilots ferried the aircraft to Saudi Arabia. A few days later PAF pilots flew them to Pakistan, KSA stop was also significant as they had financed most of the deal. My dad was part of the group that arranged the arrival ceremony at Sargodha, and then was part of the first cadre of Flight Lieutenants to convert on the Viper. According to him, the arrangement was done between PAF & USAF as part of the FMS deal to have the handover at Saudi Arabia.

He was part of the group at PAC Kamra in making sure PAF have JF-17 Block IIs. And as per a very recent conversation, soon to be a professional full-time defence consultant.

His feedback is welcome, as is yours. No harm in getting some corrections.
Hi,

They do that for insurance / damage / loss during delivery process---.

Air Vice Marshal Ghazanfar Latif (then Wg Cdr) was among the pioneer aircrew selected for F-16 Block-52+ training in USA. Its encouraging to note that fighter pilots with first hand experience on modern BVR fighters have now reached the top echelon of PAF's Brass.
Fm-7foWXkAAy6mD
PAF Viper drivers have been training with BVR tactics since the late 80s once it became part of the CCS syllabus. And they have had exchange pilots at Turkey who have had BVR exposure both at the operational and instructional levels.

Hi,

They do that for insurance / damage / loss during delivery process---.
Yes it was part of the FMS deals

Back
Top Bottom