What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

it seems these F-16s also dont have BVR capability so they are pretty much useless just like the F-16 ADF which we got from jordan

Venezuela F-16s:
  • There airframes & Engines will be overhauled.
  • MLU-4 or any other Avionics package will be required.
Jordanian F-16s:
  • There airframes & Engines will be overhauled if needed.

Venezuela F-16s:
  • There airframes & Engines will be overhauled.
Jordanian F-16s:
  • There airframes & Engines will be overhauled if needed.
too many "WILLs". that means never.

A more logical argument is why would Pakistan even consider Venezuelan F-16s.
I mean if you really wanted to destroy Pak-US relationship that is the deal you would like to pull.
It's not like Pakistan is desperate to keep it's fleet of F-16s airworthy and want to induct those for cannibalisation.
That could have been an idea before the US lifted sanctions. But nowadays even to consider such a decision would be the height of stupidity.

I think Pakistan has lost all hoped for additional F-16s and pretty much in China’s camp. Anything new coming will be coming from China.

I think Pakistan has lost all hoped for additional F-16s and pretty much in China’s camp. Anything new coming will be coming from China.

The financial risk (of paying and not getting the product or your money back) and security risk(comprimised platforms with jamming codes provided to India) are so high that it is no longer worth the risk. Align that with the fact that the america wont give their top draw technology(AIM-260), if you want to roll the dice and take a chance that it is not worth it at any level..

The financial risk (of paying and not getting the product or your money back) and security risk(comprimised platforms with jamming codes provided to India) are so high that it is no longer worth the risk. Align that with the fact that the america wont give their top draw technology(AIM-260), if you want to roll the dice and take a chance that it is not worth it at any level..

Any purchase from USA will have the conditions and risk factor. It’s better to go with customized solution which will allow flexibility of Radar, Avionics and weapons but introducing new platform is not going to be easy because of cost, required infrastructure and training. Having said that, some jackass is spreading rumors that we are getting 18 to 24 block 70.

Last edited:
img_5344.jpg

Will there be a problem or no problem if PAF wanted to acquire used F-16s from Venezuela with US approval?
Will be a problem as it was an FMS program with Venezuela. Also Venezuela has been getting Israeli systems being upgraded into their Vipers. They are not that keen to let them go.

Will be a problem as it was an FMS program with Venezuela. Also Venezuela has been getting Israeli systems being upgraded into their Vipers. They are not that keen to let them go.

That's not possible the US is not allowing them to fly those F-16s and Israel won't be helping them with F-16s.

I'm not saying that Venuezvela is the only option for PAF, actually, USAF used Block-15s are the best bet for PAF with next-generation avionics.

That's not possible the US is not allowing them to fly those F-16s and Israel won't be helping them with F-16s.

I'm not saying that Venuezvela is the only option for PAF, actually, USAF used Block-15s are the best bet for PAF with next-generation avionics.
Venezuela is still flying Vipers without US support and they have Israeli manufactured systems installed a couple of years ago. Yes it will be an issue for PAF hence that option is not available. Plus Venezuela love their Vipers, not ready to let them go yet

Back
Top Bottom