What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I am referring to the days when it was used as a logistics and SOF base and the Americans had to set up even basic toilet facilities for their troops. All of it is well documented. You are talking about upgrades done after arrival of our F-16s.

Anyway my query remains unanswered
I'd say largely American influenced. The architecture style is very modern and reflects well for an airbase.

As per Alan Warnes, ''PAF's F-16 MLUs Consistently Beat Saudi Eagles and Typhoons During Manoeuvres in Taif, RSA... PAF were asked to Fly Red and Blue Air. The Saudi Typhoon CO Was Allegedly So Hacked off He Didn't Go To Debrief.

As per Alan Warnes, ''PAF's F-16 MLUs Consistently Beat Saudi Eagles and Typhoons During Manoeuvres in Taif, RSA... PAF were asked to Fly Red and Blue Air. The Saudi Typhoon CO Was Allegedly So Hacked off He Didn't Go To Debrief.
Why is it like that ?
Does RSAF lack the training or dedication?

That sounds like an alleged claim, probably enhanced with some spice.

Why is it like that ?
Does RSAF lack the training or dedication?
Not quite, they've gotten a lot better and have surprised the best in Red Flags. They rely less on training their flight cadets abroad, most are now trained in Saudi Arabia. A lot of foreign IP's are no longer required there, notably Pakistanis.

Wasn't the contest with Italian Typhoons?

That sounds like an alleged claim, probably enhanced with some spice.

Not quite, they've gotten a lot better and have surprised the best in Red Flags. They rely less on training their flight cadets abroad, most are now trained in Saudi Arabia. A lot of foreign IP's are no longer required there, notably Pakistanis.

Lots of Saudis still pass through Risalpur and Kakul. If they lack basic skills some of the fault is ours. From what I hear Saudi Armed forces are becoming more professional and long gone are the days when it was only Princes flying F-15Cs.

Number of Saudi cadets at Kakul around 50-60 every year.

In fact if you look at every Pakistani staff college intake you will see that of the 40 Foreign officers going through Pak Staff College every year (Major/Lt Col rank), almost half are from Saudi Arabia.

https://cscquetta.gov.pk/Hist_alumni.php?start=0&ctry=&sc=2014/15

Considering their entire armed forces are only 120,000 strong (and only 5,000 of these will be officers), that indicates that at a substantial amount, of all Saudi Officers cadets and mid level officers receive training in Pakistan.

Reason for this is 3 fold.

1) More and more middle class Saudis now occupying officers slots, often bright and with technical education. As mentioned, many trained to Pakistani standards
2) The abundance of advanced weaponry means Pilots/Soldiers must have at least a minimum skill set to operate
3) Even though they suffered casualties in Yemen they learned valuable lessons both on the ground and in the air. Pakistan has also shared many of it's lessons and still conducts large scale exercises with Saudi Air and Ground forces. Pak Mil and Saudi relationship is extremely close, I would say military to military closer then any relationship either country has with any other country.

IMG_20200712_181219~2.jpg

A lot of 'googling' is taking place around the world:sarcastic:

Anybody knows if it was materialized or canceled or the aircrafts are waiting to be delivered?

It dates back to 2016.
Been discussed a number of times.

You know the term: Water Under the Bridge.

Yeah well, this is something like that. Back in 2016, the US Congress had approved the Sale of those very Eight F-16's, but the deal didn't go through because the Foreign Military Financing (FMF).

https://thediplomat.com/2016/05/us-wont-subsidize-pakistans-purchase-of-f-16-fighter-jets/

Lots of Saudis still pass through Risalpur and Kakul. If they lack basic skills some of the fault is ours. From what I hear Saudi Armed forces are becoming more professional and long gone are the days when it was only Princes flying F-15Cs.

Number of Saudi cadets at Kakul around 50-60 every year.

In fact if you look at every Pakistani staff college intake you will see that of the 40 Foreign officers going through Pak Staff College every year (Major/Lt Col rank), almost half are from Saudi Arabia.

https://cscquetta.gov.pk/Hist_alumni.php?start=0&ctry=&sc=2014/15

Considering their entire armed forces are only 120,000 strong (and only 5,000 of these will be officers), that indicates that at a substantial amount, of all Saudi Officers cadets and mid level officers receive training in Pakistan.

Reason for this is 3 fold.

1) More and more middle class Saudis now occupying officers slots, often bright and with technical education. As mentioned, many trained to Pakistani standards
2) The abundance of advanced weaponry means Pilots/Soldiers must have at least a minimum skill set to operate
3) Even though they suffered casualties in Yemen they learned valuable lessons both on the ground and in the air. Pakistan has also shared many of it's lessons and still conducts large scale exercises with Saudi Air and Ground forces. Pak Mil and Saudi relationship is extremely close, I would say military to military closer then any relationship either country has with any other country.
I don't follow up with Army, but at Risalpur they're mostly aeronautical engineering cadets. They no longer send aviation cadets for flying, as they don't need to. They have their own courses and their training phases are far more advanced.

Aggression
Pretty aggressive during ops in the south against Houthis

I don't follow up with Army, but at Risalpur they're mostly aeronautical engineering cadets. They no longer send aviation cadets for flying, as they don't need to. They have their own courses and their training phases are far more advanced.

Pretty aggressive during ops in the south against Houthis
Inshallah all these myths built up around the PAF will shatter in front of the countrymen to really reveal the combination of luck/prayers and plain hard work that keeps it as effective as it has managed so far.

This idea that we deserve attention and respect because we are indispensable to other nations is a cancer to national mentality.

The only way Pakistanis will wake up is when everyone abandons Pakistan and there is no savior left except themselves. No Arabs “owing” us favors, no Chinese “mountain high” friendships... etc

India failed in its isolation attempts but they really would have been good to the general population in the long run - when the only options would be to cannibalize each other, commit hara kiri or finally take charge and move up.

Back
Top Bottom