What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Yall should calm down in regards to arab states, They are not you're friend.
Nobody is, there's a difference between being called allies and friends. Which also makes me wary of China's supposedly brotherly status with Pakistan, yet the "brother" was nowhere around during Feb 26th 2019 events. At least I'm unaware of it.

Nobody is, there's a difference between being called allies and friends. Which also makes me wary of China's supposedly brotherly status with Pakistan, yet the "brother" was nowhere around during Feb 26th 2019 events. At least I'm unaware of it.
That is true and same to speak of turkey, and the bulk of Arab nation's where our servicemen serve.

Yet our populous utter "Long live PAK ________ friendship", WE ARE ALONE WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN & WE WILL ALWAYS BE. In my personal opinion Pakistan armed forces, especial the Pakistan air force play's a vital role in the modernization of the Chinese forces and this seems to be a simple explanation along with trade developments.

You are right with regards to Egypt, but Qatar and Saudi have always stood by Pakistan. It insults them if you put them under the same hat as Egypt or UAE
Sending financial aid does not mean the same as being allies. If they have stood, it would've been out of their own interests.

That is true and same to speak of turkey, and the bulk of Arab nation's where our servicemen serve.

Yet our populous utter "Long live PAK ________ friendship", WE ARE ALONE WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN & WE WILL ALWAYS BE. In my personal opinion Pakistan armed forces, especial the Pakistan air force play's a vital role in the modernization of the Chinese forces and this seems to be a simple explanation along with trade developments.
They don't serve but work as civilians. Most of the officers don't wear ranks, and the ones who do are often sent on deputations from PAF.

And this ALONE term doesn't just apply to Pakistan, applies to every country out there.

Anyways let's keep the discussion to F-16s.

And they did just sell Horus Mirages.
Really, I thought that was just a hoax 'cause I haven't heard of us getting any since the news broke out. Some guys even stated that the deal is as good as dead.

But in all honesty, people here are placing orders for F-16's like I order Pizza.

"Yeah, Pizza Hut. I'll take some Block 72's. With some Aim-120D. Yeah, Targeting Pod. AESA - is it on offer?

[Wife: Hold the Mushrooms]

Aim-9X and EW Suite. Deliver it - or I don't pay up."

Seriously, WTF! Lets just manage the county - deal with this CoVID-19, first. Get out of FATF's grey-list. Pay off the IMF. Get our Economy running.

M.C. F-16 anay hoengay, tou ajaeyngay.

what's your take on this "designed for Pakistan developed in Pakistan" Indus Viper patch
Mairay bhai, that is a Design done on Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.

Here, I actually had Patches made for someone. Its no big deal.

- I can get the same Patch made
- Put it on the .net/Facebook/Twitter/Instawhatever
- Wait for someone to pick it up.
- Upload it on PDF.
- Mission Accomplished.

Here, see for yourself...

Really, I thought that was just a hoax 'cause I haven't heard of us getting any since the news broke out. Some guys even stated that the deal is as good as dead.

But in all honesty, people here are placing orders for F-16's like I order Pizza.

"Yeah, Pizza Hut. I'll take some Block 72's. With some Aim-120D. Yeah, Targeting Pod. AESA - is it on offer?

Seriously, WTF! Lets just manage the county - deal with this CoVID-19, first. Get out of FATF's grey-list. Pay off the IMF. Get our Economy running.

- Upload it on PDF.
- Mission Accomplished.

i know it can be easily done, i do that for living :) but my point is that the OP of that patch is not someone who goes around posting BS out of his a$$ so that stirred my interest

- Upload it on PDF.
- Mission Accomplished.

Agreed with everything except for source part,you wont find it on any Social media dated before my post.

Not saying news is totally legit or anything like that.Its just a patch.

Patches for High Mark 2019 were designed and even printed but HM 19 never happened.

107810215_3035777253196215_1961012342635194167_n.jpg

- Upload it on PDF.
- Mission Accomplished.

Where can i buy these Patches?

Sending financial aid does not mean the same as being allies. If they have stood, it would've been out of their own interests.

They don't serve but work as civilians. Most of the officers don't wear ranks, and the ones who do are often sent on deputations from PAF.

And this ALONE term doesn't just apply to Pakistan, applies to every country out there.

Anyways let's keep the discussion to F-16s.

You are a very confused person. Of course anyone who supports someone as an ally does so out of self interest. Do you think it is out of love?

We're approaching the 1000-page mark and the only good thing that has come out of it is a few pictures and occasional videos.

We lost Windjammer - who occasionally had some news to reveal. EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it.

Truth be told, its just been an emotional roller-coaster ride discussing everything from used F-16's to F-21.

But coming back to the Topic at hand (yet again)...

Lets say for the sake of argument and hypothetical situation..., why would the United States all of a sudden cozy up to Pakistan, now? What's in it for them?

They aren't gonna engage Pakistan out of the goodness of their heart. What's the angle?

- Does it have anything to do with Afghan Peace Process?
- Are they (finally) convinced that Pakistan has finally decided that we don't need their equipment and can now deal with China and look at their more advanced equipment and/or co-develop future 5th Gen Jets?
- Has CoVID-19 put such a dent in their Orders that they're looking for Cash?
[Seriously..., Pakistan?!!]
- Or is this a tactic to bring the F-35* in the equation?

*Its clear as day that India has given everyone the finger as far as the MRCA 2.0 is concerned. The US also know that India is not interested in their Boeing F-18 Super Hornet, nor, is it impressed by the newly packaged F-21. Now if (and that's a big IF) - the United States were to convince India to drop the S-400, they could be in a position to sell the F-35 to India.

Now all this may not pan out as I may have stated, but selling the F-35 shouldn't be that big of a deal 'cause lets face it - they're offering it to the Czech Republic. And India has deep pockets to place a big order.

This is where Pakistan and the F-16 could come in the equation. By selling F-35's to our adversaries - they would need to maintain a balance in the region. This is where they could offer us certain options.
1. Buy from 'em directly.
2. Assembly Line in Pakistan - although, I think it would be a deal similar to the one that was offered to India. Wings - Vertical Stabilizer (Tail section) with TATA Industries.

Lets see how it pans out in the coming days, but i'm not convinced...

We're approaching the 1000-page mark and the only good thing that has come out of it is a few pictures and occasional videos.

We lost Windjammer - who occasionally had some news to reveal. EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it.

Truth be told, its just been an emotional roller-coaster ride discussing everything from used F-16's to F-21.

But coming back to the Topic at hand (yet again)...

Lets say for the sake of argument and hypothetical situation..., why would the United States all of a sudden cozy up to Pakistan, now? What's in it for them?

They aren't gonna engage Pakistan out of the goodness of their heart. What's the angle?

- Does it have anything to do with Afghan Peace Process?
- Are they (finally) convinced that Pakistan has finally decided that we don't need their equipment and can now deal with China and look at their more advanced equipment and/or co-develop future 5th Gen Jets?
- Has CoVID-19 put such a dent in their Orders that they're looking for Cash?
[Seriously..., Pakistan?!!]
- Or is this a tactic to bring the F-35* in the equation?

*Its clear as day that India has given everyone the finger as far as the MRCA 2.0 is concerned. The US also know that India is not interested in their Boeing F-18 Super Hornet, nor, is it impressed by the newly packaged F-21. Now if (and that's a big IF) - the United States were to convince India to drop the S-400, they could be in a position to sell the F-35 to India.

Now all this may not pan out as I may have stated, but selling the F-35 shouldn't be that big of a deal 'cause lets face it - they're offering it to the Czech Republic. And India has deep pockets to place a big order.

This is where Pakistan and the F-16 could come in the equation. By selling F-35's to our adversaries - they would need to maintain a balance in the region. This is where they could offer us certain options.
2. Assembly Line in Pakistan - although, I think it would be a deal similar to the one that was offered to India. Wings - Vertical Stabilizer (Tail section) with TATA Industries.

Lets see how it pans out in the coming days, but i'm not convinced...

"They aren't gonna engage Pakistan out of the goodness of their heart. What's the angle?"

Realistically, selling us Arms is the best form of keeping us under control. It allows the US significant leverage over us. Say in a hypothetical situation, the Chinese decide they want a naval base at Gwadar, the US could use the leverage from the purchase to prevent this from happening, i.e a complete embargo on a bunch of VERY expensive and vital assets. This is a VERY extreme scenario however, but its just a way for the US to keep us under its sphere of influence without stepping over boundaries and confronting China.

"Does it have anything to do with Afghan Peace Process?
- Has CoVID-19 put such a dent in their Orders that they're looking for Cash?"

I feel like the APP wont gain us much leverage over the USA. It is a mutually beneficial agreement that brings us and the USA tangible benefits, if it was one sided im sure we could pull some things out of the bag. It will definitely warm relations that can lead to X or Y however.

I also am personally of the view that if the PAF could access some form of credit and have some cost subsidised, they would hop onto US arms purchases again, in some areas the US is very mature and others cannot match it yet. Missile tech, radars, engines, ew etc. Not to say others wont catch up, just for now, an easier option is to buy off the shelf, i think at least.

I also don't think that COVID has had a huge effect on the defense industry as a whole, literally today Japan announced an order for 109 F-35's so it definitely is not that either.

"Or is this a tactic to bring the F-35* in the equation?

Now all this may not pan out as I may have stated, but selling the F-35 shouldn't be that big of a deal 'cause lets face it - they're offering it to the Czech Republic. And India has deep pockets to place a big order."

India is really aiming towards self reliance, i feel like the Rafale will be their least imported fighter type. Also, India has always wanted large amounts of ToT, the nature of the F-35 will limit the amount of ToT they can get, they also have ridiculous requirements like making the OEM responsible for airframes that are produced at HAL, knowing HAL, this is a terrible idea for OEMs. There is also the security risk of the fact that India still operates mostly Russian equipment which opens up the issue of Espionage and surveillance on behalf of Russia to try to compromise the F-35 and learn about its capabilities. This could be done via their aircraft or even their air defense network for example.

"This is where Pakistan and the F-16 could come in the equation. By selling F-35's to our adversaries - they would need to maintain a balance in the region. This is where they could offer us certain options.
2. Assembly Line in Pakistan - although, I think it would be a deal similar to the one that was offered to India. Wings - Vertical Stabilizer (Tail section) with TATA Industries."

While the F-16V is not as secretive as the F-35 it still makes use of highly classified tech that the US would not want in the hands of adversaries, this would be a worry for the US considering our close relationship with China especially since the F-16V shares/makes use of derived components from the F-35 etc.

I think for the PAF to push for the V, all that is needed is CSF and a Loan lol, we love our vipers

Back
Top Bottom