What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me

R.I.P

F-16 you served us well

a foolish decision indeed to buy f-16s in 1980s when we had fighters blocked in 60s, than 90s and than even during the era of early bush admin when it was repeatedly blocked yet a huge amount of money was poured in to 18 new jets, with no upgrades in site this was indeed a foolish decision

you never purchase an aircraft with no mid life upgrade plans in sight

well army is doing the same with Zulus guess they never learn what happned with the cobras in 1990s

How much of the following comment applies to PAF F-16s?

I think folks need to read before blindly commenting. Customization has degrees. There are inherent capabilities allowed and disallowed depending on where you sit on the ladder. Take the block example. Not all nations will get the same capabilities depending on the clearance available (example DRFM and AShM integration exclusion from blk52s for some customers). There are capabilities and openness in the architecture allowed for partner nations to leverage or further exploit. However there are restrictions placed on exporting these capabilities and only lifted on a case by case basis. This goes all the more with the more advanced, software centric platforms.

Hi. haven't signed in here since ages! gotta post some excerpts from somethin' I've been reading

Pakistan Viper Kills
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Untitled.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viper Pilot with 6,000+ hours!
4.jpg

Daddies hit it off
5.jpg

Viper with AIM-7 Sparrow
6.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi. haven't signed in here since ages! gotta post some excerpts from somethin' I've been reading

Pakistan Viper KillsView attachment 438411 View attachment 438412 View attachment 438414 View attachment 438415

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------

It was Wing Commander A. Javed, not Squadron Leader. The pilot who was shot down is seen here flying an F-6 almost a year later after the incident in my profile pic. Also the details about Abbas Khattak shooting down an aircraft is somewhat a mystery, he did get checked out on the F-16 but did not fly operationally with No.14 squadron.

On a related note. In wiki leaks, Czech officials discussing with their US counterparts how to control the export of VERA-E Radar to Non-Nato countries. Since US was a stakeholder in VERA-E Radar

Poloff met October 26 with Czech MFA Common Foreign Security and Policy Director Vaclav Balek to discuss exports of sensitive Czech military technology. Balek shared that the Czech Government is considering issuing a preliminary opinion on applications from several (unnamed) Czech export companies to negotiate sales of radar and/or passive surveillance technology to Indonesia, Ecuador, Nigeria, and Vietnam. Balek highlighted that these were not formal license applications but were instead "preliminary applications for the start of negotiations with partners." He was keen to point out that these applications were subject to a degree of uncertainty. The applications indicated neither a destination country's definite interest in purchasing a system nor that an eventual
export license application would be approved by the Czech Government.

3. (S/NF) Balek said that any future exports of the VERA would be subject to a range of nonproliferation controls, including the incorporation of chips that would cause the
system to self-destruct if operated outside of the destination country. (Note: We believe that applications to purchase the "VERA" refer to the slightly limited ASDD-01 version of the system that is normally offered to non-NATO countries. End note.) Balek outlined the following requests
and probable Czech Government decisions:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-history-of-downgraded-vera-e-radar-purchase-by-paf.530145/

One's conspiracy mind might think about the rumors of restrictions placed on F-16 of not leaving Pak airspace without permission of US.

Yea SUb Fraudia humein hey kyun tuker they hein ,some time i wonder we criticize every one from grade 7 to PM but all frauds are done on us ,I dont want to know the kill switches theory in the event of war

On a related note. In wiki leaks, Czech officials discussing with their US counterparts how to control the export of VERA-E Radar to Non-Nato countries. Since US was a stakeholder in VERA-E Radar

Poloff met October 26 with Czech MFA Common Foreign Security and Policy Director Vaclav Balek to discuss exports of sensitive Czech military technology. Balek shared that the Czech Government is considering issuing a preliminary opinion on applications from several (unnamed) Czech export companies to negotiate sales of radar and/or passive surveillance technology to Indonesia, Ecuador, Nigeria, and Vietnam. Balek highlighted that these were not formal license applications but were instead "preliminary applications for the start of negotiations with partners." He was keen to point out that these applications were subject to a degree of uncertainty. The applications indicated neither a destination country's definite interest in purchasing a system nor that an eventual
export license application would be approved by the Czech Government.

3. (S/NF) Balek said that any future exports of the VERA would be subject to a range of nonproliferation controls, including the incorporation of chips that would cause the
system to self-destruct if operated outside of the destination country. (Note: We believe that applications to purchase the "VERA" refer to the slightly limited ASDD-01 version of the system that is normally offered to non-NATO countries. End note.) Balek outlined the following requests
and probable Czech Government decisions:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-history-of-downgraded-vera-e-radar-purchase-by-paf.530145/

One's conspiracy mind might think about the rumors of restrictions placed on F-16 of not leaving Pak airspace without permission of US.
PAF F-16 Block 52s cannot fly or land outside Pakistan without US permission. Heard this from one of the first pilots who flew the Block 52. Not sure what's the status these days but this was back in 2011.

Bahi jaan the best way is to apna banao tey apna khao. Simple

Yea SUb Fraudia humein hey kyun tuker they hein ,some time i wonder we criticize every one from grade 7 to PM but all frauds are done on us ,I dont want to know the kill switches theory in the event of war

Back
Top Bottom