What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

View attachment 713246
Sir you look young for your rank :D :D

Don't know, but I do try to analyse whatever is happening around me..... Sheer innocence you see.
Ahahaha Sir it`s an honor to know that after an year of knowing you.
I can't believe no one took your username until December 2020...
LOL

Untitled.png

Don't know, but I do try to analyse whatever is happening around me..... Sheer innocence you see.
Last year, at the beginning of Nov, a GTO had told me I should become a defence analyst, after I was done doing my Command Task.
Not sure who rejected me.

Can you explain this then? Because that's not the right way to mount an aim120

Edit : Screen grab from Parwaaz hy Junoon
View attachment 713147

It's mounted on a dual rack launcher that is not specific to AMRAAM, but does its work.

F-16 ADFs of 19 sqn can technically carry AMRAAMs but we choose not to do it. The radar of these ADF's is not suited for AMRAAMS potential. Until or unless, Saab 2000 gets behind these ADF's, PAF will be losing these AMRAAMs along with the ADF aircraft if these fighters go in without AWACS support against a well coordinated air attack by lets say, Rafales.

They can yield the 120 but still carry the APG-66A variant which is not as effective in combo vs the APG-68 on the MLU’s.

The 498 Amraams are focused on the MLU and block-52 fleet letting these airframes be run up as the OCU.

The Jordanians asked for the upgrade in late 90’s - would assume the C’s are compatible with B launch protocols.

In a sep 6 program at 19 sqn the pilot did specify they carry up to 6 amrams

rest my case, program was by the famous military correspondent on ccs and should be available on YouTube

rest my case, program was by the famous military correspondent on ccs and should be available on YouTube

Unless he is mixing up things mlu ans adv
They can yield the 120 but still carry the APG-66A variant which is not as effective in combo vs the APG-68 on the MLU’s.

The 498 Amraams are focused on the MLU and block-52 fleet letting these airframes be run up as the OCU.

The Jordanians asked for the upgrade in late 90’s - would assume the C’s are compatible with B launch protocols.

Last edited:

Unless he is mixing up things mlu ans adv

I would echo the earlier sentiment that while these can use the AMRAAM, they wont be as effective with them as the MLU’s would. They are good as OCU and even OCA assets, best to not waste them in A2A unless absolutely necessary.

Yes, load out doesn't make sense.
I would echo the earlier sentiment that while these can use the AMRAAM, they wont be as effective with them as the MLU’s would. They are good as OCU and even OCA assets, best to not waste them in A2A unless absolutely necessary.
HOw do you make an OCU out of 12 single seaters and 1 dual seater?

Yes, load out doesn't make sense.

HOw do you make an OCU out of 12 single seaters and 1 dual seater?
The load out is fine in practice, but PAF does not use that targeting pod. Its from a game no doubt. Some other telltale signs as well.

The load out is fine in practice, but PAF does not use that targeting pod. Its from a game no doubt. Some other telltale signs as well.
I see, but why would you put a targeting pod on a mission with dumb bombs?

With all the current problems and issues, I am still hopeful that PAF will bring the remaining 14 F-16s back with an upgrade package of MLU-4 for all of the F-16 fleet.

Just, I have a question - is there any country open to selling off their F-16 Block-52s?

Back
Top Bottom