What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Sir interoperability may have much deeper meaning considering your defense related experience I assume you understand it much clearly in Pak -China vs India scenario.
Yes - even more so; this means entire squadrons can be moved over either ways; similar shared doctrine and operating practices, data links, as well as sending manpower or machines or both.

Once a PAF Viper Commander told me how his Jordanian counterpart was green with envy as how PAF crew keep their fleet maintained. A close look at the business end of this over 35 year old PAF Viper proves this theory.

1610672791868.png

1610672846449.png

Once a PAF Viper Commander told me how his Jordanian counterpart was green with envy as how PAF crew keep their fleet maintained. A close look at the business end of this over 35 year old PAF Viper proves this theory.

View attachment 706940

View attachment 706941
PAF is very much an effective force because of its underrated maintenance group. They have even fixed Vipers when GD couldn't determine problems with the jets back in the 1980s.

PAF is very much an effective force because of its underrated maintenance group. They have even fixed Vipers when GD couldn't determine problems with the jets back in the 1980s.
That also has to do in large part to the realization that those 40 odd vipers were the sharp edge of the sword. However, maintenance errors have occurred leading to the loss of a viper by installing a Mirage part.

It all comes down to effective training and leadership.

What are the possibilities of buying F-16s from the USA with the new Govt. in the White House?

Hi,

Zero to None---.

The problem is not in buying---the problem is in delivering---US is not a trusted supplier anymore---. Any govt to govt agreement---signed documents do not mean anything in the US anymore---. Any congressman / senator can challenge a signed agreement and place sanctions----per President Duterte of Phillipines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom