What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1610028653770.png

Sir more cost effective way perhaps shall be to get V upgrade for existing two squadrons of F16 instead of going for new Block 72 squadron.

On other side PAF also has fairly large number of old jets which though due to PAF strategy and tactics are still relevant yet may lose their relevance in full scale war where qualitative platforms in large numbers do matter. If even want to use Mirage V for longer time even then there are 110+ app F7P/pg Mirage III required to be replaced.

If this report is to be reviewed; it is interesting to see J11BG appears to be showing some interest;

Again, it all depends how urgent the need is.

If this report is to be reviewed; it is interesting to see J11BG appears to be showing some interest;

Again, it all depends how urgent the need is.
Hi denel thanks for this nice post but my Q is to you is why J11 why not J16 with a air refuelling probe also and offcourse more lethal and new technology wise as compare to J11BG if deino doesn’t get offended better option should be J16 as my understanding is with the stealth J20 Chinese will partner J16 more often
have any comparison info between the two Js
thank you

Hi denel thanks for this nice post but my Q is to you is why J11 why not J16 with a air refuelling probe also and offcourse more lethal and new technology wise as compare to J11BG if deino doesn’t get offended better option should be J16 as my understanding is with the stealth J20 Chinese will partner J16 more often
have any comparison info between the two Js
thank you
Correct, that was my Q too. J16 is definitely far more advanced and cutting edge.

Looks like Republicans are on the verge of losing the senate. I don’t expect this bill to come back, but it also means a Democrat controlled congress will make it harder to secure the F-16 Block 72 sale. Pakistan previously procured F-16s under Republican presidents; Reagan and Bush Jr.

So this maybe the end of the F-16 Saga and the start of the J-10 era in the PAF.
truehowever times have chnaged

biden-obama did proposed an f16 sale that was blocked by the republicans

you need to understand that parties have been changing, right now we have better chance of getting anything(if possible) under democrats rather then republicans

why democrats will try to negotiate their needs with Pakistan(carrot & stick), republicans were planning on bullying(stick only).

truehowever times have chnaged

biden-obama did proposed an f16 sale that was blocked by the republicans

you need to understand that parties have been changing, right now we have better chance of getting anything(if possible) under democrats rather then republicans

why democrats will try to negotiate their needs with Pakistan(carrot & stick), republicans were planning on bullying(stick only).

I hope your right. It’s hard to gauge these transitions as all parties involved evolve based on their interests. Democrats will definitely try a carrot and stick approach, especially when it comes to arms sales, so as not to lose support in their base.

Also, Considering Pakistan’s measured and responsible response in Feb’19, a sale of at least 18-24 New Block 72 (and used F-16s as excess defense articles to maintain regional balance) wouldn’t be out of the picture.

If Biden can make the case, it’s possible the democrats will go along. it will definitely be easier with one party in control of the presidency and both houses of Congress, but this could change in little over a year and a half. Pakistan should really make the case this year to get F-16s, AH-1Zs and to end the financial pressures of FATF, so Pakistan can accelerate its economic recovery at lower interest rates.

If the US is to counter balance China and continuing to receive Pakistani support in the Afghan peace process, it will have to start by rebuilding favor in Pakistan.

———
The J-11BG maybe sufficiently cheaper then the J-16 that the PAF considered it worthwhile purchasing. The J-11BG may also be easier to distinguish from a Su-30 then a J-16; to prevent fratricide. Finally the J-11BG maybe considerable more suited for the A2A role versus the J-16 which maybe better suited for a multi role (not as optimized for the A2A in terms of extra A2G sensors and extra weight, cost to maintain, etc.)

Last edited:
And the Western air forces and airlines force people to shave. What a sham excuse.
Depends. It is now relaxed in the US. Canada has no rule to not have beards. Same goes for the UK. And this is for their fighter pilots, I'm not sure about the commercial pilots.

Depends. It is now relaxed in the US. Canada has no rule to not have beards. Same goes for the UK. And this is for their fighter pilots, I'm not sure about the commercial pilots.
Yeah the military has relaxed it following intense lobbying by Sikhs especially and some muslims.

But the airlines get to make their own rules unless someone fights them in court for it. Guess what, folks who fight them for this mysteriously start failing their check rides,medicals and are generally fired for one reason or another. Airlines are dominated by white patriarchy that traces it's roots to segregation era USofA. They believe proper man should be shaved. Airlines also are filled with former military types beards, who can't stomach beards easily especially post 9/11 except the new generation (from this lot even the ex mil guys are sometimes seen advocating for beards).

These are all conversations I've had on commercial pilot forums and on reddit.

Last edited:
Yeah the military has relaxed it following intense lobbying by Sikhs especially and some muslims.

But the airlines get to make their own rules unless someone fights them in court for it. Guess what, folks who fight them for this mysteriously start failing their check rides,medicals and are generally fired for one reason or another. Airlines are dominated by white patriarchy that traces it's roots to segregation era USofA. They believe proper man should be shaved. Airlines also are filled with former military types beards, who can't stomach beards easily especially post 9/11 except the new generation (from this lot even the ex mil guys are sometimes seen advocating for beards).

These are all conversations I've had on commercial pilot forums and on reddit.
I have personally seen CF-18 pilots....including Hindus and Muslims with beards but they had to be kept in certain length due to the oxygen/comms masks.

I've seen it 50/50 with the commercial guys. Some have it, some don't.

I have personally seen CF-18 pilots....including Hindus and Muslims with beards but they had to be kept in certain length due to the oxygen/comms masks.

I've seen it 50/50 with the commercial guys. Some have it, some don't.
RCAF- facial hair for religious purposes

epicstash

clean shave

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom