What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAF F-16B block 15 #85609 is flying over Pakistan, This aircraft crashed on December 18th, 1986.

The image quality isn't great, but it is a remarkable picture since this aircraft is flying with a Thomson Altis II pod on the chin station. Since the aircraft was only delivered in May of 1985, this shows that the PAF has been using laser designating pods since the introduction of the F-16 in its force.

© Muhammad Salman Baig

1603073360474.png

Yes they can't

Thanks for the bitter truth but a reality check every now and then gives us the true picture of our capabilities and how much dependent we are on foreign vendors.

We always think/discuss Pakistan's plane building capabilities in terms of big-ticket items like engines/radars/avionics/missiles etc. But the truth is we don't even have the basic capabilities to make good quality items like glass canopy/landing gare lights/G-suits etc.

We are always mindful to have enough replacement engines for thunders, but in reality, a JF-17 will also be grounded if we have to replace its broken glass canopy because we have to import it from china. Come to think of it, I guess we don't even have the capability to produce aviation-grade tyres.

We have a LONG way to go, a really LONG way to be a true plane building nation.

Last edited:
But it would ground 100% of the fleet. I hope you don't want to see a PAF on the ground because of your dislike for Americans.
i wish they ground and scrap all f-16 today and demolish them

pakistan can not be a free country until we are chained with US made defense equpment

this should be done with f-16s
1603081362118.png

1603081378245.png

1603081392017.png

Thanks for the bitter truth but a reality check every now and then gives us the true picture of our capabilities and how much dependent we are on foreign vendors.

We always think/discuss Pakistan's plane building capabilities in terms of big-ticket items like engines/radars/avionics/missiles etc. But the truth is we don't even have the basic capabilities to make good quality items like glass canopy/landing gare lights/G-suits etc.

We are always mindful to have enough replacement engines for thunders, but in reality, a JF-17 will also be grounded if we have to replace its broken glass canopy because we have to import it from china. Come to think of it, I guess we don't even have the capability to produce aviation-grade tyres.

It simply because since the destruction of industries in 1970s and when sharifs came in 1985 we decided to work on dubai model(numerous times reiterate by sharifs/zardari) that is import import and import

It is not a question of whether Pakistan or China can make g suits and seat harnesses. As PShamim showed us, many purchases are made by PAF officers for personal benefit. When they help purchase something from LM, after retirement they can often settle in the US and get a cushy job as "reward".

Secondly, not everything has to be made in Pakistan. There is something called economies of scale and economies of scope. Pak isn't North Korea. If Pak wants to, surely they can make tires for JF-17s. But that won't be economically wise when a cheap and easy source(s) is available.

Are you serious ?

Are you serious ?

Well Yes, pretty serious.

All I am saying is that we don't have the industrial base yet, to be a true weapon producing nation. Most Weapon systems we claim to be indigenous are actually foreign-made, we just optimize/customize and to some extent localize them to our specific needs.

Truth is that most developing nations like Pakistan/India/Iran/Turkey are not much capable on their own when it comes to military hardware production. Turkey is the only country at the moment which is going in the right direction and will be a true weapon producing country in 15-20 years.

The rest of these nations just buy and import different subsystems and combine/manipulate them to create the so-called indigenous weapon system. If foreign vendors stop providing them with these subsystems, they will not have much left.

Well Yes, pretty serious.

All I am saying is that we don't have the industrial base yet, to be a true weapon producing nation. Most Weapon systems we claim to be indigenous are actually foreign-made, we just optimize/customize and to some extent localize them to our specific needs.

Truth is that most developing nations like Pakistan/India/Iran/Turkey are not much capable on their own when it comes to military hardware production. Turkey is the only country at the moment which is going in the right direction and will be a true weapon producing country in 15-20 years.

The rest of these nations just buy and import different subsystems and combine/manipulate them to create the so-called indigenous weapon system. If foreign vendors stop providing them with these subsystems, they will not have much left.
F-16 forum

But what you have said here is not asserted to the argument that you made previously, Weapon producing is I believe what you call Arm's/Defence industries and we are pretty sufficient, Our armed forces are setting examples that have never been done before. Since you spoke of the Jf-17 I would like to remind you that is developed, designed, manufactured and so on by The PAF (armed force) for their own use in conjunction with Chinese Air craft Corporation----Key word corporation.

many defense related equipment are not produced by countries/Nation but are by private companies and how those companies are embedded are through funding and facilitation through GOV and this is where I agree that Pakistan right now is not a very attractive base for defense companies.

Back
Top Bottom