What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Your F16 are excellent you dont need to convince me
thank god Mushraff & Co screwed up your relations of USA and you ended up in china,s laps.

We wll take on PAF with chinase fighters ALL DAY

F16 is a head ache ,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank god you only have 18 block 52 the rest are vintage legacy planes with some MLU kit added.
We all can understand your pain bro. Perhaps you should know that the block building approach concept of F-16s has ensured its airframe life to be extended from 8000 hours to 16000 hours, credit goes to Turkish Aeronautical Complex who made structural enhancements. Those "Some MLU Added Kits" include
1. APG-68(V)9 radars.
2. Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System JHMCS .
3. Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser Systems.
4. Advanced Identify Friend or Foe Systems.
5. Multi functional Information Distribution System.
6. Sniper Targeting Pods.
7. Electronic Warfare Management Systems .
8. Quick I/II Radios .
10. Additional hardpoints for AMRAAMS.

Thanx to the upgrades, 45 jets were upgraded to block 50 standard. Furthermore, Uncle Sam provided PAF 500 AMRAAMS to ensure the regional balance and security. You can troll and cry all day...but the fact of the matter is that PAF has transformed from the struggling technology using force of the 90s or early 2000s, to a technology developing force of 2020. Just wait for another decade and your planners at Delhi would again initiate peace talks. Guaranteed. :angel:

Last edited:
Your F16 are excellent you dont need to convince me
thank god Mushraff & Co screwed up your relations of USA and you ended up in china,s laps.

We wll take on PAF with chinase fighters ALL DAY

F16 is a head ache ,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank god you only have 18 block 52 the rest are vintage legacy planes with some MLU kit added.
wait, i heard before 2018 you use to say mig21 is great and f16 is vintage junk..
lol wait for next feb 2019 wake up call when PL-15 outguns everything you have

wait, i heard before 2018 you use to say mig21 is great and f16 is vintage junk..
lol wait for next feb 2019 wake up call when PL-15 outguns everything you have

One mistake you like all Pakistanis keep making the effectiveness of bvr is not based on range only far more important is kill probability and that is determined by several.factors like no escape zone stealth and jammers and counter jammers in other words electronic warfare .

CANT SEE ANY PAF marking
must be new order for Taiwan or UAE etc.
More Detailed article..

The Story of PAF Pilot who managed to land a damaged F-16 fighter jet

In 2014 Pakistan launched Operation Zarb-e-Azb a joint military offensive conducted by the Pakistan Armed Forces against various militant groups, including the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, the East Turkestan Islamic Movement, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, al-Qaeda, Jundallah and the Haqqani network.

On 15 June 2014, the first phase of the operation began with intensified airstrikes in North Waziristan, targeting militant training facilities, hideouts, and other infrastructure

On 22nd July 2014 at 8 pm two Pakistan Air Force pilots Group Captain Azman Khaleel and Squadron Leader Asim took off in F-16B (Serial# 82602) from PAF Base Mushaf to conduct an airstrike on terrorist Hideout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXq3J-tdoA&feature=youtu.be
GoPro Video of Group Captain Azman Khaleel Flying F-16

After reaching the target location pilot dropped a Joint Direct Attack Munition(JDAM) bomb on Terrorist Hideout.

Soon after the launched due to some technical issue the bomb immediately exploded in the air and caused extensive damage to the Fighter jet

F-16 Fighter Jet went out of control into a spin manoeuvre and was quickly descending toward the ground. Group Captain Azman Khaleel who was on the backseat didn’t panicked and took the control of Fighter jet from Sq Ldr Asim. Skilled pilot Immediately took corrective action and was able to take fighter jet out of the uncontrolled spin manoeuvre
Squadron Leader Azman Khalil of the Pakistani air force, left, goes over flight information with Air Force Capt. Andy Wittke, an instructor pilot at the Arizona Air National Guard's 162nd Fighter Wing, before a training mission April 27,2010. U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Dave Neve
Squadron Leader Azman Khalil of the Pakistani air force left goes overflight information with Air Force Capt. Andy Wittke, an instructor pilot at the Arizona Air National Guard’s 162nd Fighter Wing, before a training mission April 27, 2010. U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Dave Neve

After taking control he realized that due to Hydraulic and Fuel leakage its impossible fly fighter jet back to PAF Base Mushaf. So he turned fighter jet toward nearest Airfield and requested PAF Base M.M. Alam for an emergency landing
After reaching PAF Base M.M. Alam he tried to land F-16 fighter but during landing, he realized that fighter Jet throttle system is failed and F-16 is not slowing down.
To counter this situation he took off again and contacted Air traffic controller. He informed ATC about the whole situation and requested them to arrange Aircraft arresting barriers
After circling Airfield he made a second attempted to land damaged F-16. He was able to successfully land the F-16 at the Starting of Runway. After that F-16 started moving toward the barrier and with the help of an Aircraft arresting barrier pilot was able to stop fighter jet
The pilot ordered the maintenance crew and technician to turn off F-16 engine from outside.
The Story of PAF Pilot who managed to land a damaged F-16 fighter jet

For this action in aerial combat, he was awarded the Tamgha-I-Basalat by Pakistan. Here is a video of Group Captain Azman Khaleel receiving Tamgha-I-Basalat and sharing his experience. Unfortuenly Video is in Urdu

Later PAF engineers locally reworked, refitted and repaired damaged F-16 and nowadays F-16B (Serial# 82602) flying. Here is an Image of F-16
Damaged PAF F-16 repaired

Group Captain Azman Khaleel has also piloted Saudi Arabian Air Force F-15 Fighter Jet

1599809501955.png

1599809823417.png

Last edited:
One mistake you like all Pakistanis keep making the effectiveness of bvr is not based on range only far more important is kill probability and that is determined by several.factors like no escape zone stealth and jammers and counter jammers in other words electronic warfare .

Nice words, as always with people from India. The execution of those words tends to be somewhat different, dont you think?

A Su30MKI and a Mig21 were both shot down by PAF in a BVR fight because IAF did not heed the wisdom of your words.

It is obvious that PAF has better BVR systems and associated tactics than IAF, despite the 20+ lead that India has in this field! Go figure that one out ..

Mirages are said to be the fastest aircraft in PAF inventory....Wonder how would they come out in WVR Combat.

View attachment 669180

They have been the fastest aircraft in PAF, but that was many moons ago, you have to wonder how much of that capability still exists in such old airframes and what the confidence level of the pilots is to try and extract that level of performance for fear of the airframe breaking apart in mid-flight, or the engines exploding on them .... would you "rag" a car that is that old in car years and expect it to behave the same as it did when it left the show room...

Mirages are said to be the fastest aircraft in PAF inventory....Wonder how would they come out in WVR Combat.

View attachment 669180
Maximum speed doesn't matter much after the aircrafts have merged but yes things like Corner velocity play crucial role along with other factors

They have been the fastest aircraft in PAF, but that was many moons ago, you have to wonder how much of that capability still exists in such old airframes and what the confidence level of the pilots is to try and extract that level of performance for fear of the airframe breaking apart in mid-flight, or the engines exploding on them .... would you "rag" a car that is that old in car years and expect it to behave the same as it did when it left the show room...
Wait what? Mirages still take part in dogfights everyday and they still sometimes beat advanced jets like JF-17 and F-16s.

They practice Anti Bvr tactics to get in a Wvr fight and then engage the Red aircraft.

Dont even think that if these jets have gotten old PAF doesn't use them for dogfights.

Yes of course in an actual mission Mirage might have a role of Hit and Run but in routine flights they are flown all types of missions..

View attachment 669180
i have seen Mirages giving pretty tough time to F-16s in WVRs. Both in real and simulators. Again, several years ago, i flew alot on simulators against PAF pilots, my obvious choice always used to be Mirage in a dogfight.....and i used to be pretty good against F-16s. 8-)

i have seen Mirages giving pretty tough time to F-16s in WVRs. Both in real and simulators. Again, several years ago, i flew alot on simulators against PAF pilots, my obvious choice always used to be Mirage in a dogfight.....and i used to be pretty good against F-16s. 8-)
This often makes me wonder, what would have happened had we gotten Mirage 2000's

This often makes me wonder, what would have happened had we gotten Mirage 2000's
It depends on when.

If it had been in the 1980s instead of the F-16s (i.e., when Carter offered to convince the French to release a line-of-credit for the M2K), that would've likely been it. The PAF would be flying around 100 M2K/-5s.

If it had been in the 1990s, then I think we would've ultimately killed the Super-7 project. The M2K/-5 was a very expensive platform, so bankrolling it wasn't trivial. That said, because we would have nixed the Super-7, we would've likely asked the Chinese for the J-10A to replace our F-7Ps (thanks to the M2K-5 there'd prob be no F-7PG either).

If it had been the used M2K-5 offer of the early 2000s, then those fighters would've likely been our strike unit -- complementing the F-16s and JF-17s. The ASR at that time was basically, 30-40 strike fighters, 100-odd F-16 Blk-52 & MLU, and 150-200 JF-17s.

Exactly this is where pl-15 excels with it superior aesa radar & pulse rocket engine something meteor doesnt has

Back
Top Bottom