What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Designed and developed in Pakistan...??? Eyes opening claims
Indeed. This would be a natural progression from Mirage programme as we now will have the right to manufacture these in house.(??% of production) Understand a lot of input would be required from US for the project to continue but opens the door for us to manfacture, retain and maintain these cheaply locally. If software is ours we may gain some fredom of integrating ammo of our choice an any platform.
Time frames could be in 3-5 yrs time so in 3 more years we will be looking at ramping up production to 12 per year.
I understand this means a deatg nell for the JFT progression as I doubt PAF can produce 2 planes simultaneously as well as develop the Azm. However id the Azm timeline has shifted to 35-40 it will give us reprieve and time to develop the platform properly. Expertise gained from manufacturing 16s will help in manufacturing the Azm in due course.
Interesting times ahead if I am reading the script right.
A

Bros probably just the patch is "developed in Pakistan"

Calm Down.
Please don't give us a heart attack.

Indeed. This would be a natural progression from Mirage programme as we now will have the right to manufacture these in house.(??% of production) Understand a lot of input would be required from US for the project to continue but opens the door for us to manfacture, retain and maintain these cheaply locally. If software is ours we may gain some fredom of integrating ammo of our choice an any platform.
Time frames could be in 3-5 yrs time so in 3 more years we will be looking at ramping up production to 12 per year.
I understand this means a deatg nell for the JFT progression as I doubt PAF can produce 2 planes simultaneously as well as develop the Azm. However id the Azm timeline has shifted to 35-40 it will give us reprieve and time to develop the platform properly. Expertise gained from manufacturing 16s will help in manufacturing the Azm in due course.
Interesting times ahead if I am reading the script right.
A

Maybe he doesn't have anything to share?
Fair enough. I take the point but @Hodor has dropped the name for the second time. The 16 line is nearing finishline in its development cycle. They have thought to outsource wings to Indian company. What if we have made a counter offer? Why would it not be more suitable for the US entering another generation of fighters to palm off some work to third world countries who can take off manufacturing of parts which are labour intensive.. So wings and tails are ours Central fuselage is theirs till we develop expertise. Iam just taking the thought forward. I understand the unit numbers would need to be high and therefore the cost and its implication on other programmes will have to be considered. It also ensures US intersts in the region remain relevant and the plant is of no value to theChinese as they have moved on as well.
A

Last edited:
So Bholari is going to be Kamra 2.0 for 16's i presume?

I hope you are right.
But I don't expect you to be.
Fair enough. I take the point but @Hodor has dropped the name for the second time. The 16 line is nearing finishline in the race. They have thought to outsource wings to Indian company. What if we have made a counter offer? Why would it not be more suitable for the US entering another generation of fighters to palm ofc some work to third world countries who can take off manufacturing of parts which are labour intensive. So wings and tails are ours Central fuselage is theirs till we develop expertise. Iam just taking the thought forward. It also ensures US intersts in the region remain relevant and the plant is of no value to theChinese as they have moved on as well.
A

Fair enough. I take the point but @Hodor has dropped the name for the second time. The 16 line is nearing finishline in the race. They have thought to outsource wings to Indian company. What if we have made a counter offer? Why would it not be more suitable for the US entering another generation of fighters to palm ofc some work to third world countries who can take off manufacturing of parts which are labour intensive. So wings and tails are ours Central fuselage is theirs till we develop expertise. Iam just taking the thought forward. It also ensures US intersts in the region remain relevant and the plant is of no value to theChinese as they have moved on as well.
A

Because the US doesn't trust Pakistan. They don't even trust a fellow NATO member Turkey and have removed them from the F-35 programme. And with comments made by IK about OBL, that only goes to heighten their mistrust. They'll work with us on Afghanistan, and reward the military with a few token pieces such as the Cobras and maybe some more Vipers, but that's it. No transfer of tech to build Block-72 vipers with AESA.

I hope you are right.
But I don't expect you to be.
I have merely expanded on the idea and you could be absolutely correct. I remain a student and learn here rather than teach.

A

Because the US doesn't trust Pakistan. They don't even trust a fellow NATO member Turkey and have removed them from the F-35 programme. And with comments made by IK about OBL, that only goes to heighten their mistrust. They'll work with us on Afghanistan, and reward the military with a few token pieces such as the Cobras and maybe some more Vipers, but that's it. No transfer of tech to build Block-72 vipers with AESA.
Is this a commercial deal or not? What trust issues exist if the same cN be awarded to INDIA which has been a life long ally of Russia? I am not implying transfer of critocal tech but tail Nd wings are not critical. Engine and software will come from US so they do not lose out. Iam merely expanding on an idea, not any concrete news. I base it on my little knowledge of aviagion which is infantile. I make no pretences to knowing much but lookat ideas and how they could progress. Feel free to correct me where youthink I am going wrong. I will appreciate it.
Regards
A

A commercial deal that is most likely gonna go through hillbilly rednecks, Trumpies in both houses of Congress. They already believe the worst things about muslims and what their deep state believes about Pakistan is well known to us as well.

Heck they still keep writing those "do more" articles and op eds in various newspaper.

It's better to not get our hopes up with America.

Unless we are Saudis who will bay 100s of billions for 1980s tech.
commercial deal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom