What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Blk 72 are coming IA EDA stock end of this yr IA @Blacklight

So only one Sqdn?? Or PAF looking to upgrade current fleet to V as well?? Any way it's a great news

How can the latest "Block-72" Vipers be EDA (Excess Defence Article) ?! They would need to be manufactured airframes and had seen maybe some limited use. I'm not aware of any "Block-72" Vipers being produced and then placed into storage for any reason.

How can the latest "Block-72" Vipers be EDA (Excess Defence Article) ?! They would need to be manufactured airframes and had seen maybe some limited use. I'm not aware of any "Block-72" Vipers being produced and then placed into storage for any reason.
May be he means old block with P&W engine EDA upgraded to V standard

Based on the number of HASs and tarmac markings, Bohlari will have two squadrons of fighters and one squadron of Transport plus the usual inventory of SAR helicopters.
@aromerix has confirmed it few days ago that one Mirage sqn is moving from Karachi to Bholari.

Correct. Any EDA stocks purchased and then upgraded will be F-16V not Block 72..but there's not a great deal separating the two.

Yes there are people who know what kind of work is happening at Bholari.
Sadly that work will badly impact the Thunder program. I don't see it evolving beyond Blk3 as PAF will have better toys to play with.
Kids are too immature to digest the ongoing procurements, so lets wait for official announcements.
Honestly, there was kept so much secrecy regarding the news you have broken earlier. I know some people who went as far as to visit Multan base only to find out that nothing was there. :lol:
Bro, is this news conformed on the block 72's ?
You know very well how our deals go with USA? They blocked our done deal for AH1Z only to unblock it after three years. As long as things don't touch down in Pakistan, the clouds of uncertainty will always be there.

Based on the number of HASs and tarmac markings, Bohlari will have two squadrons of fighters and one squadron of Transport plus the usual inventory of SAR helicopters.
Bholari will be (if not already) the largest base of PAF. It will offer PAF the 'privacy' to do certain things which demand cover up from unnecessary exposure.

Sadly that work will badly impact the Thunder program. I don't see it evolving beyond Blk3 as PAF will have better toys to play with.

Honestly, there was kept so much secrecy regarding the news you have broken earlier. I know some people who went as far as to visit Multan base only to find out that nothing was there. :lol:

You know very well how our deals go with USA? They blocked our done deal for AH1Z only to unblock it after three years. As long as things don't touch down in Pakistan, the clouds of uncertainty will always be there.

Bholari will be (if not already) the largest base of PAF. It will offer PAF the 'privacy' to do certain things which demand cover up from unnecessary exposure.

Yes 100 % !!

You just contradicted yourself.

Any deal from EDA will be notified
So i dont expect f16s coming. Unless a notification is done ans afterwards it will be 1-2 years for delivery.
One exception will be used f16s from third country.

Any deal from EDA will be notified
So i dont expect f16s coming. Unless a notification is done ans afterwards it will be 1-2 years for delivery.
One exception will be used f16s from third country.
EDA needs Pompeo's notification not DOD notification

PAF should find alternatives for Masroor too its in city better find something outside

Bro, is this news conformed on the block 72's ?
Keep watching since things smooth now IA we will get them

Nah. I am mentioning the eagerness of few people, and their belief that they will visit the base and see those thing parketed in the middle of everything...
Ha ha Dodh ka jala Chah bi phonk phonk kay peeta Hai

EDA bought as is would not need DOD notification, but if you are ordering MLU (Block 70/72) kits for these older block F-16s, it would absolutely need a DOD notification. Just like our original Block 15 MLU order did.
Let's wait and see fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom