What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Here are some @Khafee leaks so far:

1. F-16 Block 72
2. Su-35s
3. J-15s
4. C-130 J

Now, he is a dear brother, and as far as I know (one can never tell online) he is half Pakistani from the mother's side and is a Gulf military professional of the air force persuasion. @MastanKhan knows better about it.
I for one am trying to put the thread of logic and reason behind these supposed purchases. I'm still at a loss.

Would I love to see more F-16s if the US pays for them? Yes I would.
At this point I'm neutral to these leaks I'm neither on the nay side nor the aye.

The Afghan Peace Deal has nothing on the secret plot to ship 1 billion N95 masks to the US. How we got those N95 masks, we don't know, but a meth dealer in the Gulf was important. He didn't actually supply the masks though, or make them, he was there to witness the meeting that saw Pakistan get those masks from a Qatari kid.
upload_2020-4-23_22-38-17.jpeg

First time on this forum, I actually dont understand you.
I was being sarcastic. In 99% of cases, if there's a deal, we'll know about it from official channels first -- like gov't officials, state disclosures (e.g., DSCA), or credible journalists (who will name who they heard it from).

The stuff on forums is rarely a lock, and more often than not, we end up with people angry why the rumoured deal never went through, and then they concoct other stories (like how China told IK Pak can get anything, and IK said we want to pay for them -- Lol), and not accept that the rumour wasn't accurate.

I believe Khafee is telling the truth based on what he was told or heard (as is any source), but as you go up the chain on unofficial news, it's rarely firm info. You should hear something from at least 2-3 sources before having confidence in it. I'm actually sitting on info I recently heard from 2 different people, but will still wait for an official statement before spilling it (don't worry it's not related to F-16s).

I was being sarcastic. In 99% of cases, if there's a deal, we'll know about it from official channels first -- like gov't officials, state disclosures (e.g., DSCA), or credible journalists (who will name who they heard it from).

The stuff on forums is rarely a lock, and more often than not, we end up with people angry why the rumoured deal never went through, and then they concoct other stories (like how China told IK Pak can get anything, and IK said we want to pay for them -- Lol), and not accept that the rumour wasn't accurate.

I believe Khafee is telling the truth based on what he was told or heard (as is any source), but as you go up the chain on unofficial news, it's rarely firm info. You should hear something from at least 2-3 sources before having confidence in it. I'm actually sitting on info I recently heard from 2 different people, but will still wait for an official statement before spilling it (don't worry it's not related to F-16s).

Any hints?

Here are some @Khafee leaks so far:

1. F-16 Block 72
2. Su-35s
3. J-15s
4. C-130 J

Now, he is a dear brother, and as far as I know (one can never tell online) he is half Pakistani from the mother's side and is a Gulf military professional of the air force persuasion. @MastanKhan knows better about it.
I for one am trying to put the thread of logic and reason behind these supposed purchases. I'm still at a loss.

Would I love to see more F-16s if the US pays for them? Yes I would.
At this point I'm neutral to these leaks I'm neither on the nay side nor the aye.
He ruled out Su-35, and said it was a decoy for something else. If I'm not mistaken.

He is Army, not Air Force.

If it's accurate, you'll see it in the news by end of 2020.
Ever heard of Khuda ka Khauf? It's April bro.

Put a disclaimer, that it is just a rumor.

Last edited:

You will only hear the news once its firmly finalized ..i doubt you will hear it before that..so short answer is we dont know..mean while afghan peacl deal is hanging pretty weak and is going to crumble any time...
The afghan govt is playing the bluff..thinking usa will not abandone them..i would have gone with the bluff but with corona anything is possible ..i wont be surprise if there is sudden full withdrawal

You can surely share the info on the forum, I am sure we would not blame you if it does not come out to be true. Purpose of the forum is to discuss and share....

View attachment 626423
Lockheed looks to sell additional F-16s to customers in Africa, Asia and South America

By: Valerie Insinna
22/04/2020

WASHINGTONLockheed Martin anticipates another wave of international F-16 sales, with countries from Africa, South America and Southeast Asia among those interested in purchasing the jet, the company’s chief financial officer said Tuesday.

“I think this is a good fourth-generation aircraft for those customers that can’t afford the F-35 or, frankly, can’t at this time buy the F-35,” Lockheed CFO Kenneth Possenriede told investors during an April 21 earnings call. “It might be a good intermediary step for customers to go from the F-16 to F-35. So we see it frankly as complementary and not competing against themselves.”

Unlike the F-35 program, which is seeing disruption within its supply chain that could delay future deliveries, the F-16 production line has experienced little impact as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, Possenriede said.

The company moved production of the F-16 production line from Fort Worth, Texas, to Greenville, South Carolina, in 2019 to accommodate production of 16 Block 70 aircraft for Bahrain. Since Bahrain’s order in 2018, Lockheed has garnered contracts for eight F-16s for Bulgaria, 14 aircraft for Slovakia, and is working with the U.S. government on a sale of 66 jets for Taiwan.

“We also have a couple of orders for F-16 that we're working to try to shape,” Possenriede said. “There is an African country that is interested in F-16, so we're hopeful that will happen. [There is also a] South American country, and then there are some Southeast Asian countries that are interested in F-16 as well.

Possenriede didn’t detail which nations were considering purchases of the F-16, as defense companies typically wait until international militaries publicly declare their interest in a sale before talking about specific customers.

Richard Aboulafia, an aerospace analyst with the Teal Group, said there’s a “pretty good chance” that some of those orders materialize.

“Lockheed was doing a disservice by forgetting the F-16 program for so many years. They had this idea that the future was F-35 and nothing but F-35, ignoring the part of the market that is not prepared to buy the F-35 price tag,” he said. “It’s actually a really good franchise with a really solid core market. It seems ill-advised to neglect it.”

If a new customer in Africa is looking to buy F-16s, it could be Botswana, which has indicated an interest in buying fighter jets, Aboulafia said. Lockheed has already sold F-16s to Morocco and Egypt, and the U.S. State Department in 2019 cleared Morocco for new F-16s and upgrades.

In South America, Lockheed has been trying to sell F-16s to Argentina for years, but Aboulafia believes a second order for Chile is a more likely prospect. In Southeast Asia, a sale to Indonesia “would seem to be one of the most likely possibilities,” he added.

Link: https://www.defensenews.com/global/...l-f-16s-to-customers-in-africa-south-america/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 626424
Lockheed Martin Anticipating F-16 Orders from African, SE Asian Customers

22/04/2020

Lockheed Martin anticipates F-16 jet sales to new customers from Africa and South East Asia to keep its order book buoyant for the 4th generation fighter in 2020.

“We recently sold F-16s to Bulgaria and Slovakia. There is an African country that is interested in the F-16, so we're hopeful that will happen. A South American country, and some South East Asian countries are interested in the jet as well,” Kenneth R. Possenriede, Chief Financial Officer, Lockheed Martin said during a conference call to financial analysts while announcing the company’s First Quarter 2020 Results on Tuesday.

The African country likely to buy the F-16s could be Morocco. Last year, the US State Department agreed to sell 25 new F-16C/D Block 72 jets to the country for $3.8 billion. In 2019, it also approved a contract to upgrade 23 existing Moroccan F-16s to latest Viper configuration for $985.2 million; and another to supply Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs) and bombs worth $209 million.

Around two weeks ago, America greenlighted a $68 million deal to provide 10 AGM-84L Harpoon Block II Air Launched missiles for its F-16s.

Link: https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...from_African__SE_Asian_Customers#.XqFF7sgzbIU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, so I thought i'd put the Block 70/72 argument to bed once & for all.

BgL02qe_V4bK9-VtKxe9S1hC6Ogm_I3jqc42m_eEXj76-ARfoNjbM0MZlfDEs4R4kK1fqtENaPekUNhxgFEmrSOao3_uHxw-3Vt3IeGs0Lfn5vlRvqERV3zAGU-5OWpwE6mwL9kYRWxDoSA
the standardization will help to drop the cost making it feasible to sell without subsidy..for example, the cost has now dropped by 40%..from 100m to around 60m a piece....
or basically it means that companies now know USA won't pay them so they are trying to drop the cost to sell them..

if f16 is dropped to 50m price range it is going to sell like hot cake in Africa, southeast Asia(like Malaysia, Indonesia, philippine ..because then nothing else can compete..
with coming of aim 260..aim 120c would probably also be available with the package

@Knuckles @Windjammer

Is it true that a contract has been signed for a mix of new and used C130J, 9 of them?

And on the F16's we are getting:
36 new Blk72
20 EDA
10 existing PAF to be upgraded?
why would you want to update 10 when you have 18, overall numbers dont make sense..i am sure some disucssion is going on and something might materialize but none of us know what that is ..the Obama deal of 8 aircrafts was out of the blue too..none here could have predicted that would happen.even though negotiations went on for months between PAF, US govt and LM

Back
Top Bottom