What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I was being sarcastic.
That's a first time for me. In the time i've been active on PDF, you're the only one who has never cracked a joke and are usually pretty straight forward. I think the lockdown is getting the best of The Best on PDF.
Just adding a disclaimer, that it is a rumor would absolve you.
No. No. You're trying to add 2+2 to a rumor from another source. Its called fishing for answers.

This Covid-19. Jeez. Its really taking a toll on Nations. And i'm not just talking about the weak ones.

Honestly, if this continues - I won't be surprised if a alot of Defense Acquisitions may get cancelled or further delayed.

That's a first time for me. In the time i've been active on PDF, you're the only one who has never cracked a joke and are usually pretty straight forward. I think the lockdown is getting the best of The Best on PDF.

No. No. You're trying to add 2+2 to a rumor from another source. Its called fishing for answers.

This Covid-19. Jeez. Its really taking a toll on Nations. And i'm not just talking about the weak ones.

Honestly, if this continues - I won't be surprised if a alot of Defense Acquisitions may get cancelled or further delayed.
My issue is that I've been hearing 'forum news' like this for 18 years, and in all that time, only 1% of it ever came true, and that was always in relation to numbers and type more so than the news as a whole.

So, for example, in 2003-2004 agreed to sell F-16s to Pakistan, and in the 1-2 years since we heard forum rumours about the numbers, type, weapons package, etc.

That info was all true in the end, but the overall story (F-16 sales) was also true. The PAF said it was going to sign a deal, we just didn't know the specifics.

Likewise, in 2015-2017 we heard straight from the Turkish MoD about Pakistan being interested in the T129 ATAK and MILGEM. In 2018, both deals were inked.

Or the fact that the PN is working on a next-gen LRMPA to replace the P-3C, we know about it because (1) the CNS announced it and (2) the PN released a tender for the aircraft.

Or the fact that the PAF ordered 3 additional Erieye AEW&C? This was announced by the previous CAS via Alan Warnes. We looked through the MoDP reports, and Saab completed the deliveries of those systems in 2017-2018.

Or the PAF's lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) programs. This one's hilarious because we had even retired officers say "no such program" and what have you, and lo and behold, the current CAS tells Alan Warnes it's a real program.

So, where were the rumour guys then?

This is the stuff that's actually happening with our armed forces. It's serious and promising stuff, but it's mundane and in the open. The ironic part is that no one with 'sources' actually saw any of the above happening until it hit the news.

Once something big gets going, it's known to everyone. If it's not known, then chances are, it isn't happening. Believe me, if there was actually a deal for 36 new-build Block-72 on the table, the whole world will know and talk about it.

Last edited:
What does EDA mean?
Excess Defense Article

My issue is that I've been hearing 'forum news' like this for 18 years, and in all that time, only 1% of it ever came true, and that was always in relation to numbers and type more so than the news as a whole.

So, for example, in 2003-2004 agreed to sell F-16s to Pakistan, and in the 1-2 years since we heard forum rumours about the numbers, type, weapons package, etc.

That info was all true in the end, but the overall story (F-16 sales) was also true. The PAF said it was going to sign a deal, we just didn't know the specifics.

Likewise, in 2015-2017 we heard straight from the Turkish MoD about Pakistan being interested in the T129 ATAK and MILGEM. In 2018, both deals were inked.

Or the fact that the PN is working on a next-gen LRMPA to replace the P-3C, we know about it because (1) the CNS announced it and (2) the PN released a tender for the aircraft.

This is the stuff that's actually happening with our armed forces. It's serious and promising stuff, but it's mundane and in the open.

Rationally, no news about a multi-billion dollar arms deal is going to reach this or any forum before officials and news outlets. Believe me, if there was genuinely a deal for 36 new-build Block-72 on the table, the whole world will know and talk about it.

Once something big gets going, it's known to everyone. If it's not known, then chances are, it isn't happening.
No that you have discredited "forum gossip", how about you drop some rumors? :enjoy:

Excess Defense Article

No that you have discredited "forum gossip", how about you drop some rumors? :enjoy:
Thanks. What does that mean in relation to F16? I saw speculation on another forum of F16s and it said 20 EDA's with them. What does that mean?

Thanks. What does that mean in relation to F16? I saw speculation on another forum of F16s and it said 20 EDA's with them. What does that mean?
To bhai, jahan dekha tha, onhe say poochlo. Yahan to curfew laga hoa hai :partay:

Last edited:
Hi the problem with PDF is anybody can post anything without giving any legit link or anything
According to the braking news @ the true colour of that braking news essence is nobody challenging it & even mods doesn’t delete much of those unrelated super information to. Lean the thread or lock it down until unless someone really really got something concrete to post
Now I’m sure the members here who have more & sound knowledge then me will really do something about it just to increase the post ratio without giving anything sold shouldn’t be counted towards the total number of posts
I hope no body take it as a personal matter whatever I wrote
Thank you

The other route is to get the F-16s from Trump (from wherever in however many quantities possible), put them through a structural upgrade, and get approval for the Turkish upgrade path. None of this requires Congress.

If it was that easy then Pakistan would've acquired them already. So what's the hold-up?

If it was that easy then Pakistan would've acquired them already. So what's the hold-up?
cost...pakistan thinks CSF should be used for this acquisition..otherwise its going to stick with non sanctionable platform

Concerened? No ofcourse you aren't. You guys are on a spending spree. No wait, you're not. But maybe you are. But in all honesty..., who cares.

Maybe we're thinking strategically. Why should we go on a spending spree like others when we can get the job done in a 50 Years, near 40 Years and as some call it 'Chinese Junk' jets.

Look, we get it that all Indians are really proud of big budgets & the toys they can acquire.

The day we announce that we're locking up an order, i'll be sure to send you the links of your Government crying to the US Congress opposing the Sale.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...sts-F-16-sale-to-Pakistan/article14077415.ece

cost...pakistan thinks CSF should be used for this acquisition..otherwise its going to stick with non sanctionable platform

Even if you get to use CSF for purchases doesn't mean it will be sanction free. You know how fickle US can be.

Concerened? No ofcourse you aren't. You guys are on a spending spree. No wait, you're not. But maybe you are. But in all honesty..., who cares.

Maybe we're thinking strategically. Why should we go on a spending spree like others when we can get the job done in a 50 Years, near 40 Years and as some call it 'Chinese Junk' jets.

Look, we get it that all Indians are really proud of big budgets & the toys they can acquire.

The day we announce that we're locking up an order, i'll be sure to send you the links of your Government crying to the US Congress opposing the Sale.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...sts-F-16-sale-to-Pakistan/article14077415.ece

Good. I hope Pakistan spends its meager resources on more defense purposes. As we have already seen, Pakistan's robust military and nuclear weapons have made Pakistan an Asian economic power. Not that India is worried about a handful of F-16s. Pakistan can try all it wants but it will never achieve conventional parity with India.

Nevertheless, I do wish Pakistan good luck with this endeavor.

Pakistan can try all it wants but it will never achieve conventional parity with India.

We already proved what we're capable of. That being said, we will take your wishes when we choose on acquiring any hardware from the US.

Pakistan can try all it wants but it will never achieve conventional parity with India.
Ofcourse no nation 7 times smaller can have a numerical parity with the other, but we dont want to have a numerical parity at all when we can produce 27.02 like incidents with just a qualitative man+machine edge! The quality lies not in the size of the tool but how you use it!

Thanks, but keep this luck to yourself, you need it more!

Last edited:
F-16C Block 52 with AMRAAMs at Shabaz AFB

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.00.01 AM.png

Ofcourse no nation 7 times smaller can have a numerical parity with the other, but we dont want to have a numerical parity at all when we can produce 27.02 like incidents with just a qualitative man+machine edge! The quality lies not in the size of the tool but how you use it!

Thanks, but keep this luck to yourself, you need it more!

Hi,

Those days are long gone---. Now the computer will do most of the things for you---.

The modern day cutting tools are miracle out of this world---.

Back
Top Bottom