What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I think it is a major diplomatic failure that Pakistan cannot acquire second hand F-16s despite the recent success in Afghanistan thanks to Pak. One needs salesmen not military minds or political gurus sometimes to get the juice out of a fruit. @MastanKhan would have been an ideal type to have gotten more - well at least something in the last few years. Its a shame.
I will leave your choice of negotiators aside and not comment on it.
I think US has a plan for the region and Paklands is a mere cog in the bigger conundrum. You were allowed that which was absolutely necessary but never allowed to be able to fly solo. The carrot and stick approach doesnot work otherwise.
Another point from their perspective is if they allow unrestricted access to their boneyard to Pakistan why would we buy newer planes? So we bought 18 and were given 28 older ones. If we buy 18 more we might be able to squeeze some more older 16s out of US/third party.
The last point of contention was that PAF only wanted block 15OCUwhereas US was offering some block 32s. For various reasons we did not want to get those ones.
There are chances we may not be allowed to do so on account of US interests in India.
A

I think it is a major diplomatic failure that Pakistan cannot acquire second hand F-16s despite the recent success in Afghanistan thanks to Pak. One needs salesmen not military minds or political gurus sometimes to get the juice out of a fruit. @MastanKhan would have been an ideal type to have gotten more - well at least something in the last few years. Its a shame.

Hi

military men should never make deals. They should just tell the buyers for what they want or accessories they need and let the buyers do their talking.

Warriors make terrible car deals.

Hi

military men should never make deals. They should just tell the buyers for what they want or accessories they need and let the buyers do their talking.

Agreed; they are just a client.

It is a pity, memories for the US are too short. In 1 year, they will forget and there will be no quid pro quo :)

Hi

PAF has a reputation of being one of the toughest negotiator both at a technical as well as at the financial level. This is documented in the public domain. Please don’t transpose your experience of selling lemons as a sweeping statement.

Agreed; they are just a client.

It is a pity, memories for the US are too short. In 1 year, they will forget and there will be no quid pro quo :)

The US secretary of Defence is not coming to Pakistan to play golf.

PAF has a reputation of being one of the toughest negotiator both at a technical as well as at the financial level. This is documented in the public domain. Please don’t transpose your experience of selling lemons as a sweeping statement.

The key will be whther we can get used f16s

Last time it was mushi who got billions of dollars of worth of equipment at peanut prices

Hi,

The deal after 9/11 tells a great story---.

The term US aid to pakistan also tells a great story---.

It was a service charge for facilities that pakistan provided and it should have been charged in advance every year---and yet these " great deal makers of your's " gave the US govt a loan of $1 billion every year to pay back at their discretion---.

Last edited:

Last time it was mushi who got billions of dollars of worth of equipment at peanut prices
f-35 man, I have seen it. IT IS A TOTAL BEAST ONES HEART SHAKES AND TREMBLES YOU CAN FEEL THE ROAR OF THE AIRCRAFT IN YOURE JIGGLY BITS (GENTLEMEN SAUSAGE) AND TO THINK IT IS INVISIBLE TO THE ENEMY AND THAT SWEET BODACIOUS BOMBAY (UFF MUJHY CHORDOO) WE NEED 8 BILLION D077@45

Had you lost a family member in drone strikes, you won't have called the price we paid as "peanuts".
I am not even mentioning the violation of Pakistan's sovereignty, It's isolation for more than a decade, the worst ever image on international forum and billions of losses through terrorism and direct impact on the economy.

Take your meds old man and relax. You have no idea what you are talking about. You know it’s not a good idea to F with me.

You are on a Bear hunt one more time---.

Is this an open threat on a public forum---?

Back
Top Bottom